“Great price, service and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #45 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Dublin, Ireland
“Great price, service and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Out of town maybe, but it has a shuttle to Tsim Sha tsui and the airport. There is the A41 bus to the airport just outside the door. Rooms are big and comfortable. Service is excellent. There is a huge mall downstairs with all major brands and cheaper malls also nearby. Try the Vietnamese food in the food court on the ground floor, There is a play ground nearby if your have kids and the ground floor is devoted to baby stuff.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Baby2
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thanmk you so much for your recent stay with us and provide us with your positive comments on our location and facilities. Indeed, hotel is situated in cnetral Sha Tin which very easy to commute to other parts of Hong Kong. Plus, if you are interested in visiting China, it takes about 45 minutes to get to the border by taking the train located next to the shopping mall. Once again, thank you for staying with us and should you wish to visit Hong Kong in the future, please take some time to browse on our hotel website where various room promotions will be launch to suit your need. My colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel has one of the biggest rooms in Hong Kong, it is not cramped like a lot of the hotels in Hong Kong. Room size is comparable to US standards, and the price is very reasonable for a great stay. The beds are comfortable, although they can be a little bigger.

Yes Shatin may seem like a distance away from the hip and happenings of Kowloon and HK Island, but the indoor link to the Shatin MTR makes commute safe and convenient. There's also a huge shopping center below so you don't even have to leave the property if you don't want to be out in the heat. I didn't eat at the hotel because HK is known for food heaven, so can't comment on it. But I never go hungry because of all the options around.

Note that this is also a transportation hub for trains to mainland China, so it can get quite crowded during mainland holidays like early October or Chinese New Year. You'll find that it's packed with people, but then again, that's everywhere in Hong Kong.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cheap_flashpacker
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and provide us with positive comments on our room accomodation. I am much pleased to learnt you find our room spacious and comfortable. Indeed, hotel is situated next to the biggest shopping mall in Hong Kong and have lots of options on food n shopping. Once again, thank you for staying with us and should you plan to visit Hong Kong in future, please take some time to browse on our website for our latest promotion.
My colleagues and myself are look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.
Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Comfortable and efficient. I've stayed here twice and would be happy to go back. Breakfast buffet suited an American palate and set us up for the rest of the day (which may or may not offer culinary satisfaction). Hotel is connected to a large mall and train station making travel, shopping, ang just dealing with daily needs easy. The hotel lounge is ok, supplying late night food and a nightcap

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with Royal Park Hotel and taking the time to provide us with comments. I am pleased your find our hotel in good location and easy to get around within the mall which a lot of options on food n shopping. Further, i am pleased to receive positve comments on our facilities including Rooms accomodation and Food n Beverage outlets.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and should you plan to visit Hong Kong in future, please take some time to browse on our hotel website on our latest room promotion.
My colleagues and myself are look forward to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future.
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

i traveled from beijing to shenzhen and when i arrived in the Royal Park.. ohh.. i said thanks goodness! im home! it's a very convenient place to stay... great service and the owner is kind.. there's grocery and food shops and everything you wanted while in shatin..on the second floor connected to the mall..and if you had a kid.. I can say wow! there's a Snoopy World nearby! there's one more.. the place is clean and cozy... and I really like the smiles that greeted me when I go out from the lobby...

Room Tip: I had the room that faces the river..I don't know the name of that river but it looks great and...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with Royal Park Hotel and taking your time to provide us with all the positve comments about our hotel. I am pleased to learnt you find our hotel in a convenient location which next to a big shooping mall with many brand names you need. Further, i am glad that my colleagues had provide thier very best to make your stay an enjoyable one and your accomodation clean and tidy. If you wish to visit to Hong Kong in future, please take some time to browse on our hotel website which various promotion will be launch or contact the undersigned for reservation. My colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future.
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is the first time I stayed at this hotel, chose this after a friend highly recommended it.
it is linked to a huge shopping centre and to Shatin MTR. The shopping centre is so huge that you can find practically everything there without going to the city, there's GAP, H&M, Zara, Estee Lauder, Fancl, Sasa and many others. However you must be prepared for the crowd, especially on weekend. I heard that since it is near to Mainland China, many Chinese come over to shop as it is cheaper here, especially at Sasa, you can see people loading their purchases into luggages just outside the shop.
The bed is really comfortable and the pillows are huge, I enjoyed my stay there.
The hotel do provide shuttle service to the airport however there is a charge of 280 HK$ per person. If you are on a budget, you can take a public bus A41 (from Long Win bus) just outside the hotel for just 22.30 HK$ per person. This bus is specifically for tourists so there are luggage racks on the lower deck of the bus. The bus journey took 1 hour to reach the airport and it is just as comfortable as the taxi and yet much cheaper.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank dopey8888
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to provide us with a positive comment.
i am pleased to learnt you find our hotel in great location which is next to a shopping mall and it is conveniently to commute between airport and our hotel. Moreover, I am much pleased that my colleauges had done thier very best to provide you with comfortable accomodation. Once again, thank you for staying with us and should you wish to visit our hotel in the future. Please take some time to browse on our hotel website for our latest room promotion or contact the undersigned for reservation.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Found this hotel online, read some positive reviews on TripAdvisor and so went ahead and booked via the hotel's website.

My partner and I suddenly found that we could take a short vacation and zeroed in on Hong Kong. I was returning to that city after 20 years and my partner had never been there before. This trip was put together rather hurriedly but thanks to Jet Airways and Royal Park Hotel (located in the Shatin area of HK) this has become a most memorable vacation.

We booked the Royal Package for 4 nights, which included a Buffet Breakfast, Evening Cocktails with hors d'oeuvres. Check-in was a breeze and we were personally guided by a cheerful young guest manager to our luxurious Executive room with a good view.

Although this property is located away from the popular Tsimshatsui area, the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service (please check for their daily schedule with the hotel lobby) throughout the day. In any case, the hotel is also connected to the Sha Tin subway station and this is another plus. The New Town Plaza shopping mall is connected to this hotel but I did prefer the other shopping opportunities elsewhere in HK.

My partner is a vegetarian and we were a little apprehensive about food choices but we had nothing to worry about either at breakfast or for the cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

This package also offers complimentary airport shuttle. Remember to check for the schedule to see if it matches your flight.

The main lobby is a little crowded and the reception folks a little too aloof but the Executive Lobby's personnel made up with their cheerfulness and helpfulness.

Thinking of making a another trip next year and will most probably stay at this hotel again.

The Royal Package gives you real value for your money.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and taking the time to write us you postive comments towards our hotel. I am much pleased to learnt that all my colleagues had done their very best to make your stay witu us an enjoyable one. Should you plan to visit Hong Kong in the future, please take you time to browse on our hotel website for any latest room package promotion or contact us direct for reservation.
Once again, thank you for your recent stay with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in very near future.
Mar del Plata, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

This hotel has a tremendous location, close to the transport of this wonderful city.
There are markets nearby with fresh food and fruits.
The rooms have a lot of light wich i like.
The zone where this hotel is placed is very quiet.
Everything is very clean.
It is affordable, wich is a big MUST in Hong kong unless you are rich, because everything here is VERY expensive.
They try really hard to please their guests.
Would i return? YEs

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank esvian
RPHShatin, Assistant Marketing Communications Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear Guest,

We are most delighted to learn that you enjoyed the visit to Hong Kong and were impressed with our hotel.

Your fine compliments have been shared with our staff and we shall endeavor to maintain and improve our service further.

Hoping to welcome you again to Royal Park Hotel in the near future!