“Good Location for visiting New Territories and not far from Kowloon”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #47 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
gillingham
“Good Location for visiting New Territories and not far from Kowloon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Recently stayed here for 3 nights on business and visiting families. Room was spacious and had all the amenities of a 5 star hotel such as ironing board, iron, dressing gowns, sleepers even an umbrella in the room. The only fault I found in the room was the water pressure for the shower was very low and slow when you first start it I had to turn the taps off and start it again and then the water pressure will be fine. Breakfast selection was good as it was a self service.On my last night I decided to try the buffet in the cafe, the food was excellent and good variety I did find the waitress giving me the bill to sign while I had a plate of food in my hand was a bit unprofessional, I feel she should of waited for me at least to sit down at my table before handling me the bill. The check-in/out service was quick.Overall I would recommend this hotel although it is bit out of the main attractions but transport link is very good

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 64jenny68
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear 64jenny68,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you find our hotel in good location and our room acommodation provided are spacious adn comfortable. I am also pleased to hear you enjoy your stay with us and my colleagues had done their very best to make your stay enjoyable. Concerning your comment on our service staff at the restaurant, please accept my sincere apologies on all the inconvenience caused. Your comment has been passed to concerned department and all staff will be briefed accordingly. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future. Should you plan to visit Hong Kong again, please take some time to browse on our hotel website for our latest rooom promotion and packages.

Royal Park Hotel, Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Pasay, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed from March 28 - 31, 2014. The room is spacious as compared to most HK hotels. Staff are friendly enough. There is a shopping mall just outside the hotel and shatin MTR station is just 5-10 minutes walk through the shopping mall. However, the hotel is kind of far from the city center.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear KAZaam88,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment on the TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear your positive comment on our room accomodation and the service extended to you from my colleagues had make your stay enjoyable. We are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future.

gravesend
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights to attend a family wedding. Room a generous size, with a wonderful view of a park. Attached to a shopping mall with every shop and restaurant you could need. Breakfast selection good but staff very 'pushy' felt that you are expected to eat and leave.
The swimming pool is beautiful but a little cool. The hotel is a little way out from main tourist area but that for us was the charm of the place. All forms of transport are close by so it's easy to get to places. The bar is nice if a little pricey.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear nessie55,
Thank you for your recenet stay with us and your comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad you find our hotel in good location although it is a bit far away from tourist area. Yet, it is the beauty of being stayed in Shatin where you enjoy the green scenery. Your comment on our food n beverage outlets are highly appreciated. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future. Wish you all the best.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night on a business trip. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the mtr, through the shopping mall. Once you get the direction there are lots of signs guiding the way.
Room was simple but very comfortable. Free wifi worked quickly throughout my stay. I was given a room overlooking the river and park, which made a good morning view - see if they will give you one!
Bar food was a bit limited for vegetarians. Breakfast was good though, lots of choice and not too overpowering, which is what some of the other places I have stayed Hong Kong felt like.
Staff were helpful for the few interactions I had with them.
Overall it was good, and the price, around hkd 900 including breakfast felt like a good deal. Would be happy to go back.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Veloce298,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment placed on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you find our hotel in good location which is closed to MTR station and a big shoping mall. Your compliment on our Food n Beverage outlets are appreciated. Once again, thank you for your stay and your compliment towards us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future.

Islamabad, Pakistan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

They offer complimentary shuttle service to the city centre and there is a train station next to the hotel. But on a shorter trip its recommended to stay in downtown then to waste time commuting from this section of the city which hosts only residents and lack in the energetic buzz that HK is renowned for. The mall adjoining the hotel is a good one but such malls can be found by the dozens in the city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear SaadSeeb,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment on TripAdvisor. I regret to hear you find our hotel far away from where you want to be. As Hong Kong public transportation system is so advance where we can easily get around the city. Shatin enjoy the benefit where we can enjoy scenery and be away of all the busy traffic and yet, we can be in the hip hop areas in less than twenty minutes. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I loved this hotel. The staff were friendly, and very helpful. I needed some help with printing needs and the staff went out of their way to help me. They gave clear directions when I asked about other places and things as well. Business room was fantastic for our meetings as well. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Brain Liau,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoy your stay with us and your compliment on our facilities offered. Further, I am glad to learnt of your compliment towards my colleagues where your find them friendly, helpful to make your stay enjoyable. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future. Wish you all the best.

Garland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Royal Park is the perfect place to stay in Hong Kong if you don't want the rush and hustle in the city. From the airport we took the A 41 bus to Shatin and it took around 45 minutes to get there. Check-in was quick and our room is on the fifth floor overlooking the Town Hall park near Camp Snoopy. Room is much bigger than the hotel in the city or the one in Tsuen West. The hotel is connected to New Town Plaza 3, on the 3rd Floor there is a bridge connects to the food court of the mall. We love this hotel... another favorite vacation hotel for our family.

Stayed May 2014
Dear alsbrew,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear your enjoy your stay with us and our facilities offered is exceed your expectation. Your compliment on our accomodation is highly appreciated. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming oyu back to our hotel in future. Wish you all the best.