“Excellent location, Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #45 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Excellent location, Excellent service”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Easy to reach. You get everything you need in the locality, yet far away from the hustle bustle of the city. Fantastic rooms at reasonable price. Great people giving excellent service. One of the best hotels we have stayed.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Farhan E
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Farhan E,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your positive comment placed on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoy the location of our hotel, my colleagues at the hotel had done their best to make your stay enjoyable. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the oportunity to welcoming oyu back to our hotel in the very near future.

Royal Park Hotel, Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Comfy beds
Clean Room
Nice Modern Decor

In a good position, as there is the New Town Plaza mall downstairs, which has a super market (cheap beer) and plenty of options for Food if you don't want to eat in the hotel.
The MTR is about 5-10 mins walk through the Mall, it also has a bus station.

There is a park nearby, which has a couple of play grounds as well if you have children.

I really liked this hotel, nothing bad i can say about it, I would definitely go back again. Plenty of local ammenities and in a decent location for travel links

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard D
Dear Richard D,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you find our hotel in good location and my colleagues had done their best to make stay enjoyable. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future. Wish you all the best.

New Delhi
Reviewed 16 June 2014

What can be the redeeming factor for a hotel, customers willing to come again whenever they come. The same feeling I have for the Royal park Sha Tin. I stayed here, first week of June 2014 and yes, whenever I visit HK again, I and family will definitely stay here and I would recommend all my friends and family from India to stay here when they visit HK. Let me call out all the key points:
a) Reaching the hotel
The best part - right from the airport, you can either take the A41 which is a direct bus from the Airport to the bus-stop bang in front of the hotel reception area. This will take about an hour and 10 mins during mornings, and is the cheapest option. You can also take the Airport express route, however you would have to make multiple interchanges at various MTR stations (train) to reach. Slightly inconvenient considering you have just come from a long flight and are required to lug your bags. The final option, take a red taxi and you would reach in 45 mins with about 320 HKD as fare inclusive of a 30 HKD at lantau toll and 8 at Sha Tin toll.

Infact reaching the hotel is very convenient throughout your stay. The hotel is connected through an internal tunnel to one of the biggest and busiest malls in HK - The New Town plaza. This place has a MTR station underneath - Sha Tin MTR and the Sha Tin Central bus terminus. There is also a bus stop right in front of the hotel, from where you can get your buses to Disneyland (E42 to Lantau toll and R8 to Disneyland), or the big buddha. You can also get bus N170 to Aberdeen tunnel for your journey to Ocean park. Ofcourse the Sha Tin MTR provides you can option and a great one at that. Reach the station and its a 10 min walk to the hotel via the air-conditioned mall.

Meals
Option 1
Ok, I had not taken the breakfast option during my online booking but at the time of check-in, they gave me a fantastic price per person on the breakfast and post a day of trying, I without hesitation took up the meal vouchers for the rest of my stay. I have seen some concerns especially from people who are vegans about the food spread and I do understand that there can be a concern, but if you atleast eat egg, there is enough - there is a live egg counter, live noodles counter, a pancake machine, good fruit and salad spread, a fried spring roll option, hashbrown or cutlets, muffins, oats, cornflakes, yoghurt, breads, veg rice, baked beans, cold cuts, sometimes some stir fried veggies...so the exhaustive continental spread...the egg chef is really great. With the kids, in hindsight I found it convenient to have BF at the hotel.

Option 2
The New town plaza has a good no of restaurants and a food court attached to it (Menu@Level 7). The food court primarily has Sichuan or HK style eateries with a couple of bakeries. The other restaurants at Level 1 have Pizza hut, Pizza Express, Crystal Jade for Dimsums, Triple O's etc. Some of these including Mcdonalds open at 7 AM in the morning and if you are ok trooping down every day to these places you can have your breakfast there. Infact whenever you are coming back if you have not had your dinner, once you get down at Sha tin MTR, you can go to these restaurants and have your dinner and then get to your hotel. We did this almost everyday except once when we were up late in TST. Remember most of these restaurants take their last order at 10 PM, so plan your time accordingly.

Check-In
The check-in process was smooth and the staff really friendly. There Check-in time is 3 PM and Check-out at 12 PM. I did write to them about an early check-in since I knew I was reaching early, but they did not confirm the same and I got my room around 2 PM which is ok because they offered changing room facilities at their Level 2, which is the location of their health club cum swimming pool (an indoor + outdoor pool). We used the same and got fresh there so no worries and then had our lunch at new town. The check-out was also smooth, the bell boys got the luggage in quick time and the reception staff do not ask you things like did you use our laundry bad or have you taken anything from our bar like some hotels in this part of the world typically do.

Room
Room was great, we had a family room with 2 queen size beds. Nicely furnished and carpeted, the room also had a full size sofa (which can sleep like a 5th person), a study table with calendar and light, multiple plug points, one had a converter already and for one I had got my UK converter (which works fine in HK). There is a room service menu as well including some maps on Sha Tin. There is a LCD TV which plays local channels, 1-2 sports channels, HBO and some cartoon channels sufficient for the time you spend in your room. The study table also had a Philips alarm cum ipod dock to play music (nice touch). The room was facing a building + the a park in new town where every morning you can see people doing tai chi, but we used to get direct sunlight. I would have wanted to get a higher floor to get the views of the Sha Tin lake but well next time. Atleast I got a non-smoking room as its difficult to stay in a smoking one with kids.
The bathroom had a bath tub, rainwater shower, toiletries and multiple towels and bathing towels. They dont seem to leave you thinking "maybe I needed one more napkin". Again, one of the few hotels whom I have seen generous in the accessories they provide. The water temperature is also superb and very easy to get it right. The wardrobe had a security box with 2 bathrobes, 3 pairs of slippers, an ironing board and iron (nice touches). Again the bar had a tea coffee maker and 4 bottles of water for which you don't get charged and are replenished everyday. Again no nit-picking here. Great facilities.

Staff
Staff is good, always smiling. Housekeeping is prompt anytime of the day. The concierge desk is ready to help, especially if you find Mr Lewis Li, who is the chief concierge, very helpful person. Also helpful was Hassan, who was the door man. The staff at the restaurant 2 by 2 looked slightly stretched in the mornings, but its that time. They could use a bit more of the smiles.

Honestly, while this seems to be out of the way to some it is very well connected to Kowloon and TST area and well you cannot be close to everything, The public transport system in HK is wonderful and you should worry about that too much. It is in a quite area and you would enjoy the connected mall, since having facilities like places to eat, 24 hour stores is always a plus.

This place is also not that expensive and their facilities and services are comparable to any good 5 star or 5 star plus chain. Kudos to the management.

Room Tip: If you have a family with kids go for the Family rooms and ask for a non-smoking one.Try the higher...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank TravelPoddar
Dear TravelPoddar,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment placed on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear you enjoy your stay with us and your positive comments on our location and facilities. I also glad to hear my colleagues from Front Desk, Housekeeping to Food n Beverage are doing your best to make your stay an enjoyable one. My colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future. Once again, thank you for staying with us and i wish you all the best.

Xiamen, China
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've stayed in lots of hotels and rather like this one. I was here on meetings and decided to stay on a few days to sight-see and also do some work. I asked for the club floor and stayed on 16th floor (room 1630). This was an excellent decision - it gave me a lovely large room and access to the club lounge, which gave me peace and quiet, space and convenience. Meetings kept me busy the first few days and it was nice to have a relatively private hot breakfast in the club lounge - lovely coffee and service, good hot breakfast with all I needed (including eggs, bacon, smoked salmon, cheese, fruit, salad, various breads and decent coffee). I was able to do some work with wireless and good internet. The last 2 days I spent sight-seeing and working - the free shuttle service to TST was great - allowing me to leave at 2.30, get to the ferry, cross over to Hong Kong island Central, have a walk and a rooftop drink overlooking the water, return to catch free hotel shuttle and back to the hotel by 5 pm. Then more work, but from 6-8 pm in the club lounge nice drinks and snacks, which really amounted to dinner (some hot plates, salad, cheese, deserts). Lovely quiet atmosphere, loads of space, nice views and really a peaceful space conducive to rest and work. Back to my room for long bath, fluffy robes and towels and nice quality bedding. Definitely worth a return. For location, although it is in the new territories, it is connected to a gigantic bustling shopping mall with many floors and connected to the metro, where you can find everything you might need, loads of restaurants, etc.; just across from a park and green walking space along the water; and only 20 minutes shuttle to TST, the main high end shopping and ferry area; and 5 minutes with the ferry from there to get to Central Hong Kong island. I prefer being out here where it is green and peaceful to the hectic downtown location. Also, the lounge service included concierge booking your complimentary shuttle to the airport and free newspapers; the club lounge has 2 desktop computers, and a good selection of newspapers and magazines. I'll come back and probably stay in the club lounge floor again - good for work and good for a break!

Room Tip: Try to get the club floor lounge if you can; worth the extra money for a bit of luxury and extreme c...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank cbteco
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear cbteco,
Thank you for your recent stay at Royal Park Hotel and your comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoy you stay with us and you find our hotel in great location which is away from the hectic of downtown where you can enjoy the green and peace of New Territories. Your compliment to the facilities and service we provided on our Executive Floor are highly appreciated. Further, i am pleased to hear my colleagues had done their very best to make your stay an enjoyable one. Once again, thank you staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future. Should you plan to visit our hotel in future, please take some time to browse on our hotel website for our latest room promotion and packages. Wish you all the best.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Loved the hotel. Very convenient. MTR, taxis and buses at hand. We stayed there for 3 whole weeks . Worth every penny. The Hotel was very clean. Staff was fantastic. The breakfast buffet were fab. Faultless. I would most definitely stay there again. I was with my family. All 16 of us stayed at the hotel. Very happy.

2 Thank foodaholic1234
Dear foodaholic,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your positive comment placed on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you and your family enjoy your stay with us. Your positive comment on our room accomodation and service are highly appreciated. Should you plan to visit our hotel in future, please take some time to browse on our hotel website for our latest room promotion and packages. My colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back yo our hotel in future. Wish you all the best.

gillingham
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Recently stayed here for 3 nights on business and visiting families. Room was spacious and had all the amenities of a 5 star hotel such as ironing board, iron, dressing gowns, sleepers even an umbrella in the room. The only fault I found in the room was the water pressure for the shower was very low and slow when you first start it I had to turn the taps off and start it again and then the water pressure will be fine. Breakfast selection was good as it was a self service.On my last night I decided to try the buffet in the cafe, the food was excellent and good variety I did find the waitress giving me the bill to sign while I had a plate of food in my hand was a bit unprofessional, I feel she should of waited for me at least to sit down at my table before handling me the bill. The check-in/out service was quick.Overall I would recommend this hotel although it is bit out of the main attractions but transport link is very good

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 64jenny68
Dear 64jenny68,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you find our hotel in good location and our room acommodation provided are spacious adn comfortable. I am also pleased to hear you enjoy your stay with us and my colleagues had done their very best to make your stay enjoyable. Concerning your comment on our service staff at the restaurant, please accept my sincere apologies on all the inconvenience caused. Your comment has been passed to concerned department and all staff will be briefed accordingly. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future. Should you plan to visit Hong Kong again, please take some time to browse on our hotel website for our latest rooom promotion and packages.

Pasay, Philippines
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed from March 28 - 31, 2014. The room is spacious as compared to most HK hotels. Staff are friendly enough. There is a shopping mall just outside the hotel and shatin MTR station is just 5-10 minutes walk through the shopping mall. However, the hotel is kind of far from the city center.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear KAZaam88,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment on the TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear your positive comment on our room accomodation and the service extended to you from my colleagues had make your stay enjoyable. We are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future.