“Good hotel for shopping!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #43 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney, Australia
“Good hotel for shopping!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel is directly linked to Shatin Railway Station, Shatin Bus Terminal & also to one of the biggest mall in Hong Kong, the New Town Shopping Mall and few other shopping malls around the area. You can buy anything here, H&M, Zara, Marks and Spencer... also lots of restaurants to choose from dining.

A direct bus (41A) from airport for HKD$22.30 will get you to hotel in 45 mins. From the hotel take bus #81 to Mongkok MTR, bus # 170N is going to Causeway Bay but cost HKG$24 one way.

We stayed in a Grand Triple room for 7 nights. A bit disappointed we only got an hour extend check-out as our flight was late evening we have to pay extra HKD$110 per hour to the hotel. The hotel has free WiFi and free luggage storage facility and offer discounts to guests in their restaurants.

I may return if the price is right!

Room Tip: no river view from grand triple rooms
4 Thank Mandy L
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Mandy L,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and you positive comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear your find our hotel in good location which you enjoy shopping and all the food varieties provided in the near by shooping mall. I am also glad to hear you enjoy your stay with us and my colleagues had done their very best to make your stay enjoyable. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future. Wish you all the best.

Royal Park Hotel, Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kota Kinabalu District, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Well located and well link to shopping mall in Shatin. You can buy every thing here in the mall. Very nice Maxim Palace Dim sum near by. My Favourite shops are Uniqlo, Marks and Spencer, Veeko,Wanko, Adidas, Mac Apple shop, Av/CDs,Converse,vivienne westwood and City Super! My Favourite food are Ding Tai Fung, Crystal Jade Restaurant,Agnes B cafe...etc. Overall big bed and big size room compare to other HK Hotels with free shuttle to Tsim Sha Tsui daily.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank JASOO2014
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear JASOO2014,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you find our hotel in good location which is next to a big mall where your favourite brands are all available. Further, i am glad to learnt you enjoy your stay with us and my colleagues had done their best to make you stay enjoyable. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future. Wish you all the best.

Regards,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel trys to act like a fancy hotel and charges like one but really the service isn't that great. Sure the location is good and the views are nice. But the hotel services are over priced, the staff are short when answering questions. The rooms are what you expect for a 4 star hotel but the decor is ageing and the smoke alarm with blinking lights will keep you up all night. All in all id look somewhere else on my next trip to hk.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thypeople
Dear thypeople,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and place your comment on TripAdvisor. I regret to learnt of your comment regarding our hotel. Your comment on the service of my colleagues are well taken and will pass on to concerned department for review and seek for improvement. Concerning your comment on the blinking of smoke detector, please note this is the requirement on fire safety which is governed by Hong Kong Law.
Nevertheless, thank you for staying with us and wish you all the best.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Although its slight further away from town, but its really convenient to get to the train station. Malls are linked to the hotel, & staffs are all really friendly. Will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends or anyone who are visiting hong kong soon. Room is also relatively big.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Cheryl L
Dear Cheryl L,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your positive comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you find our hotel in good location which is closed to the Train Station and Mall. Further, my colleagues had done their best to make your stay an enjoyable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future. Wish you all the best.

Royal Paak Hotel, Hong Kong
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks in Hong Kong. We stayed at the Royal Park Hotel in Shatin the room was spacious quiet. Found it to be fantastic value and excellently situated for getting around Hong Kong. So close to MTR and bus stops outside for airport. Used the hotel shuttle bus many times to the city and back. Staff were polite and house keeping staff were excellent, room cleaned fantastically every day. Highly recommend this hotel will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heather934
Dear Heather934,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad to learnt you enjoy you stay with us and you find our hotel in good location which is easy to commute around Hong Kong. Your compliments towards my colleagues from Front Desk to Housekeeping are highly appreciated. Once again, thank you staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future. Wish you all the best.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Had to stay here as my business meeting was close by and hopefully this is the last time

Usually i take the high speed train from the airport to hongkong island or kowloon stations. Here in the middle of nowhere in shatin, this is not possible. so i settled for a taxi, and the trip takes about 45 mins

Arriving at the hotel, you can tell it's old, and has no style. At check-in, i was "upgraded" to a room with a queen size bed and a single bed. I was a solo business traveller, so i don't understand this "upgrade", which just means less space to walk in the room for me due to the extra bed. Also i asked for an international english paper each morning and the staff rambled about having local english papers only. i guess it's a "no"

I entered the room and immediately got struck by the stench of the shower curtain in the bathtub. First of all i hate bathtubs as they are safety hazards. Secondly the stench was unbearable even from a distance and i had to call hosuekeeping immediately for a change. Yuck

To disappoint me further, there is no sports channel in the room that broadcasts the wimbledon matches currently playing

breakfast was average, nothing seemed terrible appetising in this lacklustre hotel

As mentioned, this hotel is in the middle of nowhere. From Central, i had to change trains 2 times to 2 other lines, just to return to the hotel

Once i was at the conceirge and there was no one so i waited. The conceirge returned and then the phone rang and i was promptly ignored. 10mins later when he finally felt that the call ended and i deserved to be served was my presence recognised. I really hate it when they don't bother with 1st come 1st served

wifi is available and free, probably the only reason why this hotel didn't get 2 stars instead

I don't understand why others would give this hotel 5 stars. they probably don't stay in hotels like the W or Conrad here

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bcheong
Dear bcheong,
Thank you for your stay with us recently and your comment on TripAdvisor. I regret to learn of all your comment placed on it and please accept my sincere apologies on thing that we did not delivered. Your comments will be closely evaluate for improvement. Wish you all the best.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Hotel though on the outskirts is easily accessible to and fro the International Airport. They have a shuttle service to the city and back, though Shatin MTR station is only a 5 minute walk through the Mall. The Hotel and its staff very courteous. They made available everything that a traveller could possibly think off. A wonderful stay and thanks to all staff at the hotel. Everyone of us enjoyed this hotel a great place highly recommended far from the mad rush in central places.

Room Tip: We were in the family room on the 8th floor overlooking the river, very peaceful and quiet
1 Thank Robin V
Dear Robin V,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your comment on the TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you find our hotel easy accessible from airport. Although we are not situated in down town areas, yet, this is the beauty of being at Shatin area where you can enjoy quiet and peaceful atmosphere. Further, I am pleased my colleagues and done their very best to make your stay an enjoyable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us, my colleagues and myself are look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in future.
Wish you all the best.