“Not as good as before renovation”
Review of Royal Plaza Hotel

Royal Plaza Hotel
Ranked #26 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Good point:
This is not the first time to stay in this hotel, but this is the first time after renovation.

(1) The bed, 1.5m, comfortable.

(2) Free Wifi is a big plus

(3) Location -

(a) Fa Yuen street is beside the shopping mall and it is a day market there, a lot to buy with reasonable prices.

(b) Also there are a lot of local restaurants around the area.

(c) Connected to a shopping mall.

(4) Out door hot water Jacuzzi is at excellent temperature (@ 41 C degree) especially during winter.

Bad point:
(1) The hotel was under construction during my visit (Christmas 2013), the lobby was dark and small, main entrance is blocked, does not look very nice but I believe this will be settled once the construction is done.

(2) I have a feeling the room is not as cozy as before after renovation, room has become smaller, small kitchen has gone...

(3) Toilet has a big window that you can see thru from the room, whatever you do in the toilet the person outside can see what you are doing, this has annoying me a bit.

(4) You can not lock the toilet, there is no lock on the sliding door at all, so my children always play around when I was taking my shower. I think the design is a failure and is a BIG minus there, because the transparent window and un-lock door serve no purpose at all.

(5) There will be no view from the window, all you can see is just street and buildings

Overall rating is not as good as before the renovation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Wingwing168
Write a ReviewReviews (4,217)

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. They have just completed their renovation and the rooms are just awesome. Location wise is simply splendid as the mrt is just 5mins away, and next to it is a shopping mall. There's a food court located on the 3rd floor of the mall so food is never an issue.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The position of this Hotel is ideal, Mong Kok MTR Station makes visiting all areas of of Hong Kong The room was well appointed, great view, clean with plenty of room. The shopping Mall next door helped to have a quick lunch if we wanted. Great staff, check in was painless staff helpful had a great stay

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
RPHHK, Director of Sales at Royal Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for your choosing to stay at Royal Plaza Hotel as well as your positive comments towards our newly renovated rooms and the convenient location. Your compliments will definitely motivate us to continue delivering guest experience that exceeds your expectation. Please do let us know when you will be visiting us again and we will be delighted to extend our genuine hospitality to you and your VIP guest.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I was travelling with my family of 6 adults and 1 child 2-5 Jan 2014. Royal is spacious if you stayed in the deluxe rooms and everyone in the hotel are friendly and helpful. It is convenient located next to the shopping mall thus no need to include breakfast with rooms :) . Mong Kok East station is just within the shopping mall which makes travelling a lot more easier too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I lost my Windows Surface Tablet inside the room. I am sure I always locked my tablet in the safe when I wanted them to clean the room. On the last day I got the room cleaned in the morning and then when I went for dinner, I did not lock the tablet in safe as the room was already cleaned and I was going out only for a quick dinner. When I locked the room I some one like a cleaner looking from another room, but I was not worried as I did not expect cleaner to come to our room during that short time. When I returned I found the tablet missing and complained to reception, Duty Manager came to my room and checked all our baggage. During the time he was checking baggage, I think the cleaner came close to the room and had a peep and went back.

When Duty Manager did not find the tablet he said he will check the CCTV and then called me and said that the cleaner had come to the room for a minute when we were away. That was highly unnecessary in my view. Only after checking the CCTV, Duty Manager has checked the cleaners and did not find anything. In my view it was too late to check the cleaner, as I told him initially that the cleaner saw when we left (However I also told the duty manager that I do not suspect both morning and night cleaners as I did not see them taking the tablet). But I lost the tablet while it was in the room. Duty Manager's first move should have been to check the cleaners, not my baggage and pulling out all beds and blankets. I am not sure why such a big hotel does not have a proper procedure to investigate a lost item.

Then the Duty Manager suggested to call in police and since that was my last night, I politely refused. But he said it will only take 5 minutes and I consented. Then three constables arrived and they too checked our baggage and beds again and took almost three quarter of an hour, not five minutes. One of them probably checked the CCTV also. Finally police gave me a complaint number and that was it. I wish to record this for the benefit of anyone who goes to this hotel to take utmost care to safeguard their property.

Room Tip: Take utmost care to safeguard personal property. I was very happy with the service they provided, bu...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Mohan N
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I booked the Plaza Deluxe Family. Pleased with the hotel and the room. Clean. And it's located near to Mongkok and MTR. Will definitely book this hotel again when i come to hongkong for holiday =)

The hotel is within a shopping center with lots of restaurant and fast food, supermarket and shops like sasa.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel is in good location in Kowloon near metro station, many shops, restaurants..
Fantastic lobby area, very nice and helpful staff on reception. We where upgraded to Club room on top floor.

Rooms are there good size, very nice furnished, with very comfortable bed...great bath, shower. Fast and free wifi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank FileST
RPHHK, Director of Sales at Royal Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your stay at Royal Plaza Hotel and your positive comments towards our newly renovated room, hotel facilities and the convenient location.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the not distant future.