This is not the first time to stay in this hotel, but this is the first time after renovation.
(1) The bed, 1.5m, comfortable.
(2) Free Wifi is a big plus
(3) Location -
(a) Fa Yuen street is beside the shopping mall and it is a day market there, a lot to buy with reasonable prices.
(b) Also there are a lot of local restaurants around the area.
(c) Connected to a shopping mall.
(4) Out door hot water Jacuzzi is at excellent temperature (@ 41 C degree) especially during winter.
(1) The hotel was under construction during my visit (Christmas 2013), the lobby was dark and small, main entrance is blocked, does not look very nice but I believe this will be settled once the construction is done.
(2) I have a feeling the room is not as cozy as before after renovation, room has become smaller, small kitchen has gone...
(3) Toilet has a big window that you can see thru from the room, whatever you do in the toilet the person outside can see what you are doing, this has annoying me a bit.
(4) You can not lock the toilet, there is no lock on the sliding door at all, so my children always play around when I was taking my shower. I think the design is a failure and is a BIG minus there, because the transparent window and un-lock door serve no purpose at all.
(5) There will be no view from the window, all you can see is just street and buildings
Overall rating is not as good as before the renovation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Mong Kok, the bustling heart of vibrant Kowloon, Royal Plaza Hotel sits atop the MTR Mong Kok East Station with connecting point to China on a 45-minute train ride and is easy access to public transportation. The Hotel is connected to a seven storey shopping complex and numerous traditional markets with its abundance of stalls ans shops for fashion and electronic appliances are within a 10-minute walk from the hotel's doorstep. Awarded as "Travel Choice - Family Hotel 2014" by Tripadvisor, the newly renovated rooms with a choice of two queen-sized beds in a superior space, which is designed to more than comfortably accommodate families and groups comprised of 4 guests. The hotel features free Wi-Fi in all guestrooms, a 40-metre swimming pool, a well-equipped gymnasium and three restaurants and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza Hotel Hong Kong
- Hotel Royal Plaza
- Royal Plaza Hong Kong