We had heard of this hotel from friends who had stayed there in the past and really liked it. It turned out to be an excellent recommendation!! The staff was extremely courteous and all spoke excellent English. We had arrived in Hong Kong early in the morning around 7:30, and showed up to the Salisbury, but our room was not ready. The bell staff held on to our luggage while we walked around Tsim Sha Tsui. We were told to come back around noon, but by 11AM our room was ready, we truly appreciated this.
We booked a harbor view room and we were extremely happy with the view and the room. The room was not large but it had a decent queen bed and everything we needed. The WiFi was a bit spotty and only one device could be used at a time, which was frustrating, but it was free. The breakfast on the 4th floor was also very good and included a great variety of different foods sure to satisfy the pickiest of eaters, and included in our room rate.
The Salisbury is located really close to the K2 bus drop off point from the MTR station arriving from the airport.
The Salisbury is right in the middle of the action super close to Nathan Road and the Star ferry terminal.
If you are looking for the best value for quality in Kowloon, I would easily recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Salisbury has just completed a major room renovation. All 372 rooms and suites have been newly renovated featuring a modern and functional design. Complimentary free broadband WIFI access is available in all rooms. The hotel is a smoke free property and all rooms are non-smoking. Facilities include the Salisbury Dining Room, Mall Cafe, Banquet Rooms, Podium Garden, Fitness Centre with well-equipped Gymnasium, Indoor Swimming Pools, Jacuzzi, Y Shop, Hair Salon, Climbing Walls, Squash Courts and Basket Ball Court. "A Symphony of Lights" was awarded the world's "Largest Permanent Light and Sound Show" by Guinness World Records. This nightly spectacle combines interactive lights of more than 47 buildings on both Hong Kong Island and Kowloon with musical effects to showcase the vibrancy and glamorous night vista of Victoria Harbour. Our hotel guests could enjoy the spectacular show from our Harbour View Rooms and Harbour View Suites nightly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Salisbury-YMCA of Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Salisbury-Ymca Of Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Ymca
- Ymca Salisbury Hong Kong
- Salisbury Hong Kong
- Salisbury Ymca Hong Kong
- Salisbury Ymca Hotel
- Ymca Hong Kong
- Salisbury Hotel Hong Kong