My family and I returned to the Charterhouse for a whole week mainly because it is our favourite location and is also good value for money at £85 per night for a double room. The hotel continues to show its age but is still acceptable. The Northern facade is undergoing external renovations until the end of April (so they say) and is covered with netting so potential guests are advised to insist on a room on the South side to get a view out. I was disappointed that the mini-bar (Room 1106) was not functional and that they charge HK$9 for a small bottle of water and the ice bucket is empty. This is outrageous as most hotels give drinking water without charge. To rescue this we shopped at the convenience store '7-11' just 50 yards along the road also 'Park and Shop' supermarket across the road in the basement of C.C. Wu building. Also disappointing was the selection of TV channels focussed mainly on obscure sports channels and Chinese news - there is no BBC or CNN or any kiddies' channels. The hotel does not have any facilities for children but if families want to get f & b supplies for kids or babies they can easily get to Park and Shop nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Charterhouse Causeway Bay Hotel Hong Kong is an elegant hotel, conveniently located at the edge of Causeway Bay in Hong Kong Island. The Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre and Causeway Bay MTR subway stations are within easy walking distance of the hotel. The majority of tourist attractions and business areas are easily accessible within 10 minutes drive. Considering the needs of our business visitors, our hotel shuttle will take you to Hong Kong Convention and exhibition Centre during trade fair and event periods in just a few minutes. For our visitors exploring different beauties of Hong Kong, splendid shopping malls like Times Square, Hysan Place and easy transportation system like Causeway Bay subway station are a few steps from our hotel which will never disappoint you. The Gazebo Restaurant, Champs Bar, Harry's Bar and Lounge and Fitness Room 23 hours a day provides you the relaxing places to enjoy your life and escape from the hustle and speed of the city of the day. Free Wifi is available at all guestrooms and public areas are even make your stay more pleasurable. In order to provide a healthy and smoke-free environment for global travelers, The Charterhouse Causeway Bay has been completely a smoke-free hotel to ensure our guests a pleasant stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, LateRooms, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Charterhouse Causeway Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Hong Kong
- The Charterhouse Causeway Bay Hotel Hong Kong