7 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 14/07/22
Priceline
US$223
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
US$179
Hotels.comUS$205
Trip.comUS$193
Official SiteUS$193
2,735 results
All reviews tuen mun satay inn cafe lagoon balcony room kids activities resort hotel swimming pool dinner buffet shuttle bus chinese restaurant shopping mall facilities staycation playroom supermarket retreat mcdonalds
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2012

My wife and I spent a weekend here in mid-October. The hotel is beautiful, the food is fantastic, and everything was very clean. It was a very busy weekend, so we weren't able to check out many of the hotel amenities. We LOVED our view of the ocean though! It was amazing to wake up each morning with a view of ships and junks sailing in the harbour.

Room tip: We were on the 10th floor and loved our view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Fantastic hotel. Half an hour out of Kowloon but there is a shuttle bus that runs on the hour to take you in and bring you back. Nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the major shopping to relax around the beautiful pool. Great surroundings to go for walks, close to the beach, shopping centre and restaurants. Very friendly staff and lovely clean rooms. Amazing buffet breakfast with so many choices that you could never go hungry.

Room tip: Try to get a room with a view over the bay and a balcony would be nice too.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank chaddie5
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stopped over here for three nights before flying on to New Zealand. Great hotel with good facilities. Swimming pool and loungers, plentiful buffet breakfast (at a price but you can fill up for the day) and location near places to walk by sea to get some exercise. Shuttle bus into Kowloon. You need to book, buy tickets and know where to pick it up again (at the back of the Royal Pacific Hotel down by the taxi rank). however it enables you to enjoy both getting away in a busy city and enjoying the city for a while. We enjoyed a stroll by the Star Ferry, down Nathan Road and into Kowloon park (have visited HK before). Would recommend breaking flights in this way again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BucksMysteryVisitor
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This hotel is off the water. The view is breathtaking. The rooms are very nice. The food at the hotel is very tasty, but also overpriced. The staff was nice and understood english. The hotel is about a 25 minute ride from Hong Kong Airport which costed me around $25 USD.

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed at the Hong Kong Gold Coast on my way down to New Zealand from the UK.

I always advise on a stop over for such a long journey (if you've not bagged a business or first-class sleeper).

The only real problem is the language barrier - To be expected.
My cantonese needs work and their engrish is about as bad... But once you've jumped the first hurdle and managed to get yourself a room key, it's business as usual...

My stay consisted of arriving in the afternoon, dinner, sleep, pool and fly out at 6pm the following day.

The rooms at the hotel are spacious and clean, like all the hotels I've stayed in, in Asia. The bed was comfortable. No complaints.

I didn't have the desire to head into the city - I wanted to relax and re-charge, so I opted to stay at the hotel.

I went down about 6:30pm for dinner - I had a badly broken conversation with the chap on the dinner desk, but managed to walk on through to a pretty tasty looking buffet.
There was everything you would associate with an Asian buffet... lots of fish, vegetables etc... and also numerous unknowns that looked like western food, but weren't :)
And there is always the Western corner, sausages, chicken and the like...
Not a lavish event, but definitley something to satisfy any hungry traveller.

After dinner, I walked outside for awhile in the impressive gardens. Just stunning actually.
The beach is also on the doorstep and I caught a great view of the sun setting over the China sea... the smoggy air makes for a cracking sunset!

I slept well and spent a few hours in the pool between late morning - busy, but not over crowded. Check out was about 12pm, but I opted for a late 2pm, which was never charged to me, along with my buffet dinner... I think the poor bloke in a room that sounded like mine might have copped it sweet! Swings and roundabouts though :)

A cab from the airport to the Gold Coast was the equivelent of about £10 for a 30 min journey. Not bad.

I would definitley stay again on a stop over, even two nights. Very relaxing and welcoming, regardless of the language difficulty.

Date of stay: November 2011