I have been living in Hong Kong for a few years but before that, I traveled back and forth several times beginning in 1999. I have seen the harbor become smaller and smaller as land is reclaimed. On the Kowloon coast in the New Territories, there were once pristine beaches and pineapple plantations. All that is gone, replace by container shipping yards.
But to get an idea of what the Hong Kong coast used to look like, go to the Gold Coast Hotel.
There is a beach right next door. But what I really love about this place is the extensive formal garden along the coastline. It is truly a relaxing place.
Our room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. The pool is very large and spread out so there are plenty of places for lounging. It is beautifully maintained. Breakfast was great. You eat out on the large veranda looking out over the coast.
We were there for a conference so we did not eat at the dinner buffet, but the lunch provided for our group was fabulous--one of the better meals I have had this year in Hong Kong.
The staff and management were exceptionally helpful.
Even though we live here, the ambiance is so restful, we look forward to some "staycations" away from our tiny apartment the hustle and bustle of big city life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape the urban landscape of downtown Hong Kong and retreat to a family-friendly beach resort. Only 30 minutes from Central, our hotel is a welcoming seaside oasis with lush tropical gardens that sets the stage for a relaxing holiday, an idyllic wedding or a lively conference. Our 453 rooms and suites feature tranquil views of the sea or neighbouring Gold Coast Yacht and Country Club, allowing guests to be comforted by the cool sea breeze as they enjoy the genuine warmth of our service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Coast Hong Kong
- Hotel Gold Coast
- Gold Coast Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel