We were a family of 3 couples and 2 children and stayed for 3 nights and 4 days at YWCA, HK during our HK-SG holiday.
On the location, it’s situated at mid-levels, so it’s quite an uphill walk from the central, difficult for elderly people. Getting taxis outside the hotels is not a problem until it starts raining and the taxi frequency just dries up, us having to wait for over half an hour to get a cab on occasions. It’s close to Peak tram, HK garden, but walking it out with kids and elders is still difficult and taxis refuse to ply these short distances.
Rooms were spacious by HK standards, big enough to fit an extra bed for kids. Rooms were clean, well-furnished and well-kept. We had a good view from one of rooms from where we could see flamingos in the HK garden nearby. The rooms could use some sound-proofing as the sound from the corridor could be heard inside the rooms all too well.
They don’t have any restaurants, esp from a vegetarian’s perspective. It had a swimming pool which was shut for maintenance all throughout our stay there. Room keys were a problem and would stop working if placed near other cards. We ended up going back and forth quite a few times for this. There is a convenience store nearby, which is helpful.
Staff was courteous. However, one of the uninformed receptionists guided us to a horrible joint when we asked for suggestions for Indian cuisine. This aside, they were helpful and patiently answered our queries on various occasions.
But for the rain related issues, we had a pleasant stay. Overall, nice hotel and a decent option among 3 star hotels on the main HK island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Garden View Hong Kong has 141 spacious hotel rooms and suites overlooking the city with panoramic garden view, offering optimal comfort with full service yet reasonably priced accommodation ideally for business or leisure visits and extended stays.Hotel is in walking distance to Hong Kong business, financial center and shopping malls. Peak Tram Station and the trendy nightspot "Lan Kwai Fong" are all at your doorstep. It is easily access to all public transportations and nearby MTR Central subway station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Garden View Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden View International House Hotel Hong Kong
- Garden View International Hotel
- Garden View International Hong Kong
- Garden View Hong Kong