“good value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of OZO Wesley Hong Kong

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
OZO Wesley Hong Kong
Ranked #78 of 713 Hotels in Hong Kong
Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA
“good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

near ever thing you need, close to buses, subway and tram. A good place for eggs and coffee around the block and a mcd;s across the street. A good value for for hong kong. many attractions are within walking distance such or a tram ride away

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear sundazed2013,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We are happy to learn that you have found the location to be perfect for your stay. Indeed, Wanchai neighborhood has a lot to offer, such as local food, shopping, entertainment and culture.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Reading other reviews I had no idea what to expect. Let me say this when I checked out I was very happy with my choice.

My check in experience was great. The person at the desk spoke perfect English, was very helpful and gave us great directions to a few places I wanted to eat.

My room was small but very clean. The entire hotel was very clean. Bathroom again was small but the water flow for the 11 floor was perfect. Bed was very comfortable. Next to each side of the bed were very nice little lights and a reading light. The TV had a very nice pictures. It was built into wall.

I really liked the work area/desk next to the window. It had 2 plugs for power and was very well lit.

I needed a iron and they said it would take 15 min, but it showed up in 2 minutes. The staff is all so friendly.

I had no issue with the air-conditioning. It worked perfect and was not loud.

The wifi was excellent, speed was very nice. I was able to log 2 devices on the network. I had no issue with this. My laptop and phone worked great. I made a bunch of skype calls to the US and the call quality was great. At night after I shut down my laptop I was able to log my Ipad on to the network.

Two things I wished the room had.
ESPN
NFL Network
(What can I say I love sports)

I don't like eating in any hotel room so I have no idea if they had room service.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. Very nice.

Room Tip: Take the Airport Express Train from the airport, than a cab to the hotel. Great way to get to this...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear WisconsinBaderfan,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback and we are happy to hear that your have enjoyed your stay with us.

Your valuable comment is important to us and we will consider to add more sports channels for the guests.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I'm very happy that I chose to stay here after I saw the locations of the other two hotels I was considering (which were slightly less expensive). This hotel is a good value. It is very conveniently located right in between the high-end shopping area of Central and the normal shopping area of Causeway Bay. There is a bus and tram stop directly in front of the hotel and it is a short walk to the subway. Very easy to get to via the Airport Express and the free shuttle bus. Considering most of the hotels on Hong Kong Island are 5-star, this is a good value and great location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Chicagojo
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Chicagojo,

Thank you very much for your positive review and we are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you again in the near future.

Leiderdorp, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here for 15 restLESS nights and even though the hotel is fresh, friendly and newly renovated there is a major issue with the air-conditioning units in that they are very LOUD. (it felt like (sounds like) I was on the Plane for the past 15 days)

Had my company not paid the room in advance I surely would have moved to another hotel after the first night, we did complain and even looked at other rooms but they all have the same problem.

It appears that the air-conditioning units are built into a ceiling just above the room door (on the inside ) and looking at the air-conditioning controls doubt that the air-conditioning units were replaced or updated during the renovation as they appear very dated.

Switching off the air-conditioning has the effect that it gets very hot, very quickly at night causing one to wake in the middle of the night.

The Corner rooms the so called..Dream(less) space it is possible to open the window slightly but this too is very noisy and defeats the object of air conditioning making for an even more restless Dream(less)space.

It is truly a shame that this hotel that sells its rooms as Dream-spaces have not grasped the true spirit of what a dream space should be ..they almost got it right except for the fact that for a good night sleep one should not feel like one has never stepped off the plane.
Other reviews on this site have also mentioned the noisy air-conditioning back in July and management mentioned that this would be addressed as a high priority but that appear to be a DREAM and not the reality.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Jorg W
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Jorg W,

I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience as a result of the noisy air-conditioning that marred during your recent stay with us.

As you mentioned in your review, our guest services manager immediately responded to your dissatisfactory and showed you some other rooms for your consideration. Though, we failed to live up to your expectation.

While the vast majority of our guests sleep comfortably in our guest rooms, I certainly recognize some of the guests may not share the same sleeping experience as they may be more sensitive to the air-conditioning noise.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor and I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcoming you back in the future.

Tokyo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is quite newly re-developed and well located in Wanchai.

I went there for a day's business and planned to work from my room. They make a big deal out of offering free wifi in all their advertising, website, etc. When I got there, I discovered free wifi meant for only one device. If you wrk from a laptop, iPad and iPhone, as I do, that doesn't work. They explained that when they renovated the hotel, they could only afford a low-grade server with limited capacity, and so they had to limit guest usage! After a lot of arguing, they gave me some extra access, but warned that this was just a one-time courtesy and not to expect the same on future trips. Needless to say, I won't be testing the truth of that.

Room was tiny but clean, no room service. Very cheap, and priced appropriately.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelerFromTokyo
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear TravelerfromTokyo,

I am truly sorry to hear of the difficulties you faced regarding internet access.

Please rest assured that this is absolutely not our policy for wifi access. Here are the facts as they could and should have been explained:

1. We currently have one fixed login per room through our provider. This will rise to two logins shortly.

2. There are further logins which can be routed to guests who request an additional login. We recognize that some guests need more and we gladly cater to this on request. I am sorry this was handled in a less than satisfactory manner and we are dealing with this internally as it doesn’t meet our standard in any way.

3. This has absolutely nothing to do with our server and I can assure you it is not “low grade”, there is no relationship to the number of Wi-Fi logins which can be handled. Again, this conversation is inexplicable as it in no way reflects reality.

4. It is not a one-time courtesy, if you provide us with your stay details, we can add this requirement to your profile in order to be prepared for your next visit.

Once again, we apologize for the poor handling of your request and should you wish to return, do get in touch with me personally cliff.lee@ozohotels.com

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the (for HK) spacious rooms, liked the modern, clean and freshly decorated rooms. Staff very friendly. Location is convenient, although it borders the seedier part of Wanchai. Especially for the rate hard to beat. Didn't do breakfast in the hotel, but plenty of alternatives around. One suggestion; having multiple phones/iPads per guest access the wifi simultaneously is limited to 1. This obviously a bit annoying if you are staying with 2 persons in 1 room and requires some flexibility. Otherwise very pleasant stay, recommend!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Amsterdam B
Dear Amsterdam B,

Thank you very much for your recent review and we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Please rest assure that an additional log-in can be easily provided at the Spot (reception) upon request. I have taken note of your preference for your future visits.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Bad check in experience, no one to even help with bags - struggling with 2 bags - door has to be pulled towards one.... Only one Wi-Fi log-in for a double bedroom; breakfast in a room which with its white clothes looks better equipped for dinner.... New hotel with hairdryers where you have to keep your thumb depressed on a button.... shows little thought.... Dress hung in cupboard was streaked in dust when taken out... no iron so could not iron clothes....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LJ888
Cliff L, Executive Assistant Manager at OZO Wesley Hong Kong, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Lesley R,

Thank you for your recent visit and your detailed feedback about your stay.

We appreciate all your comments and are disappointed that you left with a less than satisfactory impression.

Allow me to provide you with some feedback regarding your comments:

1. We offer an “one-stop” service at the Spot (reception) where the team complete check-in, check-out, concierge and other guest services. We do not provide a dedicated bell desk service, in line with hotels of a similar standard, but our team make every effort to assist where necessary. We apologize that you were not assisted on this occasion. I am not sure how to address your comment regarding the direction in which the door opens as it doesn’t appear to be an abnormality.

2. An additional Wi-Fi log in can be provided upon request and we have taken note of your needs for any future visit.

3. Our hair dryer is designed to operate only while the button is activated for safety reasons, again similar to what you will find in a large number of hotels.

4. We are sorry to hear of the dust on your dress, of course we have instructed our housekeepers to investigate the wardrobe. We would have been more than happy to attend to this matter had you brought it to our attention during your stay.

5. Irons and ironing boards are available upon request (and this is mentioned in our directory) and we have again taken note of your needs for any future visit.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts via tripadvisor and I do hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future.