“Small but good”

Yesinn Causeway Bay
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is the only hostel I would recommend in Hong Kong, it's not the best in the world, but I am grateful that at least there's a decent hostel here. the city is full of tourist (at least when I traveled) and I couldn't find anything withing my price range. this hostel is not big but suits me well. location is good for me too because I only had a few days and I wanted to be able to move fast from places to places. be sure to book early because as the only good hostel, I only had the first 2 nights and had to move out for my last night because they were full.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've now stayed at Yesinn three times, and figured I finally ought to give them the praise they deserve! The dorms are clean and comfy, the lounge area the same, the air conditioning is heavenly in the middle of sweltering Hong Kong heat. Rooftop area is nice to sit in, they've plenty of useful facilities, staff are friendly and very helpful... Then there are great little touches like the private lamps and electric sockets for each bed. I really have no complaints and so much praise for this hostel. Will stay again, and again, and again, many a time when I have to come to Hong Kong in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at this hostel for 5 nights. It's located 50 meters from the metrostation at the mainstreet of the Hong Kong island. We like to walk so we did that alot and getting to the ferry took us about a quarter and to the peak about 25 minutes.

The staff is really helpful and speak great english. I really liked them.

The rooms are clean and comfy, cleanest hostel I've stayed at.

I was a bit worried about the bedbugspicture in the reviews below but from what I heard and saw during the week I stayed at the hostel there is no need to worrie. Of course they have the problem since people come and stay from all over the world but they have a pest control frequently and the staff cleans the room every day.

The wifi and the kitchen was pluses. We even managed to watch a movie on the wifi. There is also plugs at the top of every bed and a bedlight wich is just details but one really appreciates it once you're staying at a hostel.

Great prices. Never heard of a cheaper one to stay at with these standards, or at all actually.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristin B
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hostel is located in the bustling Causeway Bay area, with a block and a half of the metro and surrounded by tons of food and shopping. Rooms were clean, AC and fan, and each dorm room has lockers and an en suite bathroom. Each bunk has a privacy curtain, reading lamp AND outlet- a great plus for night owls. The hostel hosts A LOT of people, so the common areas can get crowded. If you're not a drinker, you won't have much space to quietly plan your trip in the reception common area, but if you are a drinker you will enjoy the outdoor terraces on the 4th and 8th floors. Note: there is no bar at this hostel, so you'll have to stock up on beer and snacks at the 7/11 around the corner. The staff was very helpful and quick with maps, directions and tips on getting to places.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Traveliz23
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

good location to backpack travelers.
close by bus,tram and subway station.
but reception in 3th floor, no elevator to second floor, so not recommend traveller with heavy carrier

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 수정 신
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The hostel is nice. Good rooms and clean bathrooms. Wifi works perfectly even at the room. The kitchen is available to cook. I think the best point is the location. 200 mts from the MTR Causeway bay station. so you can go everywhere from there, It´s an excellent option!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Alejandro R
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed in this hostel for 3 nights and was suprised about how clean it was! Very good! The coffee was great and the shower facilities as well. Had a great stay at this hostel for a good price, considering the HK prices.

Recommend to all travelers!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends