“Bruce Lee”

Ranked #44 of 870 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Heritage Museum houses exhibits covering art, history and culture. Guided tours and activities for children are offered.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I've never been interested in Bruce Lee, because of the violent nature. However, after visiting the Heritage Museum in Hong Kong I was impressed by what Bruce Lee had done for society.
He got non-Chinese into marshal art. This is a good thing to share with others, in spite of the Chinese nature of not sharing their talents. Moreover, he also showed us that a loser can also stand up and gain respect from society again. He was a drop-out in Hong Kong, but after being sent to Seattle to further his studies, he came back to Hong Kong with an American wife and the rest is history. There is hope for anyone who thinks he is a failure in life. Bruce Lee inspires us!

2  Thank traveller651047
"training equipment"
"movie clips"
"excellent exhibition"

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I grew up in HK when Bruce Lee had already passed. So while I knew about the man due to his fame associated with Kung Fu, I knew very little else about him. This exhibit is very well presented and I learned a lot about Bruce Lee as a martial artist, as well as a dancer and a philosopher. The 75-min film on him is a must-see. That alone is the worth $10HKD admission. The exhibition displays other artifacts of his life such as letters, photographs, movie posters, etc.

The museum has other permanent and temporary exhibitions as well. I quickly went through one on the history of HK, which is probably more interesting to a foreigner than a native like me. I spent over 3 hours at the museum in total, and didn't even see everything.

1  Thank Victor_35_Countries
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I am a fan of Bruce Lee and it was interesting to see and hear of our time kung fu champion. The exhibition told Bruce Lee's life, from beginning to end, including some of his personal belongings, as well as upon a number of video clips from his films. The exhibition is comprehensive, but could have been even bigger.
On one side of the museum you can explore the history of China.

2  Thank Karhuvaari
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very interesting and glad we took our teenage children there to experience and understand their heritage especially when they're born and brought up in the western culture. Being fans of Bruce Lee and Ip Man, this was one of our highlights of our holidays. Lots of Bruce Lee's personal items including personal notes from his diaries, etc are on display. Don't see things like these anywhere else on planet Earth except in Hong Kong Heritage Museum. Wednesdays are free for entrance to all museums in Hong Kong. The Chinese Opera exhibit is very educational and detailed. This is helpful as my son is studying music in school and he gets to see the costumes, make-ups, instruments involved in Chinese Operas. The train station connection is very convenient.

2  Thank Michelle T