“Bruce Lee heritage”

Ranked #44 of 870 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Heritage Museum houses exhibits covering art, history and culture. Guided tours and activities for children are offered.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Chanced upon Bruce Lee' exhibition heritage on website and decided to pay a visit when I was there in Hong Kong. Followed the instructions by the blogger and transferred several MTR and train to reach Che Kong Temple. Short walking distance and reached the heritage museum. Watched a complimentary Documentary Film: The Brilliant Life of Bruce Lee (Duration 75 minutes, Worth watching.

4  Thank Picolla2014
"training equipment"
"movie clips"
"excellent exhibition"

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my visit here.
$30HKD to see all exhibitions, if you come for something specific there are individual ticket prices. But see it all if you can. Studio Ghibli, Bruce Lee and permanent exhibition of bronze, ceramics and the like.
I went early and before the crowds. I am a fan of the work produced by Studio Ghibli so felt very lucky. The surprise was the Bruce Lee exhibition. It was very personable and curated with care. The permanent items of cultural items were also interesting.
I used two modes of transport. A taxi from Salisbury Road was $120HKD including toll and a 15 minute trip. MTR back to Hong Kong Island from Che Kung Temple Station. Conveniently located across the river from the museum. Less complicated than it sounds. Once on the train you have to change after the first stop and then a very fast trip back into town.
Check out the days and hours of operation so as not to be disappointed in the museum website.

4  Thank CleoBKK
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Don't miss it !!!!!

This exhibition bring you to see Ghibli Art Work of any animations of Studio Ghibli.

Spectacular !!!!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I took my kids to the museum as they had the Studio Ghibli exhibition there. The museum is situation in Sha Tin which is accessible by MTR, and the museum is a short walk from the station through the shopping malls. While we only had time to visit the Studio Ghibli & Bruce Lee Exhibition, it was a nice activity for both adults & kids. The Studio Ghibli exhibition was excellent, and short of going to Tokyo's Studio Ghibli's museum, this is the best you can get. There were also quite a bit of Studio Ghibli's merchandise in the museum shop, so do stop by.

I quite enjoy the Bruce Lee exhibition and the museum had worked closely with the Bruce Lee Foundation to exhibit personal items that were not previously shared. So even if you are not a fan of Bruce Lee, it is still a good exhibition to walk through. The curation is good, and really gives you a glimpse of what life was like back in the 70s.

However, as the exhibits I visited were "temporary", I am not sure what it would be like in future, but looking at the standards of curation, I am quite sure the museum would be putting up good exhibitions in future and it would be worth the time to get out of the city for a visit.

3  Thank Sunset116
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 July 2014

On a trip top visit my daughter in Hong Kong she had requested to make a trip to the Heritage Museum to see the Studio Ghibli exhibition.

We met at the MTR station and took the journey up to the musuem.

Upon arrival, it was a Friday late morning, we did not have to queue for tickets, and when straight up the escalators to the first hall.

I wandered around the exhibit with my daughter, whilst enjoying the drawings and information detailing Studio Ghibli.

The exhibition is spread across two halls and took us a good 90 mins to wall through.

Very well laid out, and my daughter enjoyed it tremendously.

1  Thank swalker68