Open today: 00:00 - 23:59

Book in advance
from
£59.50
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Man Mo Temple
from £59.50
from £39.67
from £149.16
from £175.00
1,118 results
All reviews incense worship gods statues skyscrapers
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I was still studying and I believe in lighting my fair share of incense to Man Mo (God of Literature and War).

Full of incense smoke and bustling with people, parents with kids. LOL. Cute. Kids are praying for better school results and some (whom aren't tall enough) are hoisted up to touch the huge brush that the god is holding.

I did the same. I graduated with good results. So... I am superstitious like that.

Date of experience: September 2012
1  Thank Vuvie
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The Man Mo Temple is a beautiful Chinese temple, however, much smaller than we have seen elsewhere in China. The candles and incense caused a very heavy air. Some, making a lot of noise, fans tried in vain to drain the smell. The bright colors, the light, the candles and the smoke of the incense create a mysterious atmosphere that perfectly fits such a temple. The Man Mo Temple is very photogenic. A few hundred meters away are some living temples in use, also very interesting.

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Had an afternoon in Hong Kong, on a layover between San Francisco and Bangalore. With limited time, Man Mo Temple was an easy site to locate and see in Hong Kong. Beautiful temple with layers of history - a great site on short time frame.

Date of experience: December 2012
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This temple is smaller than some of the others in Hong Kong and I think it shows wear and tear. It's definitely the place to go to see the winding incense and get a sense of long reverence. I think it is best to do this temple with a bit of looking in the shops on Hollywood Road, perhaps before/after doing Victoria Peak.

I think the description "small and charming" fits it perfectly.

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank drwInAvon
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Its a place of worship- a
small temple in the middle of Hongkong Central. The smell of incense all over the place makes it more tranquil.

Date of experience: December 2012