“The hotel is not bad!”

Ranked #82 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Moscow, Russia
“The hotel is not bad!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is not bad! but be careful!!! Money from the card write off 2 times per stay at the hotel!!! plus Deposit block the card and do not return for 10 days!!!! Was in many countries, but such lawlessness with cheating money meet for the first time!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Natalia_SID
lhotel_elan_hk, General Manager at L'hotel elan, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Natalia_SID

Thank you for taking the time to write a message on TripAdvisor. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have taken your comments seriously and have carried out an investigation. We have submitted a refund request after your departure regarding the difference between the deposit and actual accommodation with other expenses. This refund process usually takes 10 – 14 business days. Should we be of any further assistance, please feel free to reach us at rsvns@lhotelelan.com . We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

L’hotel élan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at L'hotel élan for 5 nights and loved it. The metro was a 5-10 minute walk and there were food courts 5 minutes away with plenty of choice. The hotel itself was modern and sleek - we especially liked the lift music! Our bedroom was spacious and clean with all the mod cons and great free mini bar! The hotel is in an unusual location with not much going on around but this didn't matter to much as we were out exploring most of the day. We would recommend as a great base to explore the city!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monica_and_James
Dear Monica_and_James

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed our style and interior design. When you plan for a return, don’'t forget to visit our hotel website for exclusive accommodation and dining offers! We wish to welcome you again in the future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I've only stayed in this hotel for a night as a little getaway but I have to say this hotel is surprisingly very good. As I am a local resident here in Hong Kong so i have an idea where it is. Heres my review of some parts:

Location
Its not near the tourist sites such as Causeway Bay, Mong Kok, Tsim Sha Tsui, Wan Chai or Central but its still very convenient. The nearest MTR station is Ngau Tau Kok station and if you take Exit B, its only 5~10mins walking distance from the MTR. Although its located in one of the industrial areas of Hong Kong, that means you get decent prices of restaurants and not "tourist" prices. In fact, only around the corner of the hotel, there is Tsui Wah where you can eat local breakfast. During weekdays or on Saturdays, there are some other restaurants open. In fact, you'll be around 10~15mins walking distance to APM. Overall, i think the location is fairly convenient.

Transportation
As mentioned previously, the nearest MTR station Ngau Tau Kok station but if you know your way around you can watch 215x bus outside Millennium City 6 to Tsim Sha Tsui (you'll need to ask hotel for exact location). It takes approx 10mins waiting time and 20mins to get to TST or 30mins to Kowloon station (subject to traffic condition). There are red mini buses to Mong Kok.

Regarding travelling to/from airport, theres a E or A bus that stops at Kwun Tong (near APM). The travelling time is approximately 1hr (subject to traffic condition). Then from APM, its approx 10mins walking distance.

Facilities
There is gym and swimming pool but don't expect it to be fully equipped, theres only like 2 treadmills, a small area for weights and thats about it. The swimming pool also is a very small. The gym is open 24hrs with towels and unlimited water to drink.

Room
The room is fairly small but you probably won't be expecting to be spending too much time in the room and as long as you don't bring 2 big sizes suitcases i think its ok. Free wireless provided with iPad also too so you don't need to worry about simple internet checking/browsing. They've got the basic stuff provided such as comb, hairdryer, kettle, toothbrush, shampoo, etc... They have some basic drinks in the mini bar which is complimentary.

Overall
I think its more of a business hotel than a tourist hotel because of its location near to Kwun Tong and Kowloon Bay but still its not exactly too far away from the city center such as Mong Kok and Tsim Sha Tsui. You probably won't get this decent hotel with the price range if closer to the city center. The location is only 5~10mins walking distance from the Ngau Tau Kok station so i quite like it. If you are happy to venture like the locals to Mong Kok, Yau Ma Tei and Tsim Sha Tsui, you can ask the hotel for directions on how to catch the minibuses and buses there instead of taking the MTR. As mentioned previously, I am not going to complain about the room size because its still good for a few days.

Food - Sorry cannot comment as i didn't try its restaurant there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bruceywonder
Dear bruceywonder

Thank you for sharing your detailed comments with us on TripAdvisor platform. We are pleased to learn that your overall experience with us went well. Although our gym and pool are not big, we do generally experience smooth attendance.

Indeed, other than the nearby shopping malls apm and Megabox, you may easily reach the almighty shopping district Tsimshatsui or Mongkok by MTR or bus within half an hour! Regarding transportation to/from the airport, in addition to the E or A bus option, you may also consider our limousine service (at charge) for a more indulgent and convenient experience. Please feel free to contact our Reservations Department at rsvns@lhotelelan.com or
+852 3968 8366 for more details.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel! Ive stayed at this place twice now, first time being a 2week stay and 2nd time a short 3 day stay. Both were business trip purposes, location is not so great to the tourist spots, but its accesible to the subway thats about 15mins walk away, and the subway takes you practically everywhr! Apart frm the location everything else about this hotel is lovely! Rooms are spotlessly clean and well maintained, generous selection of toiletries provided, shower has both rain and the usual shower heads. They even have 6 types of complimentary drinks in the room fridge. The hotel also has an outdoor terrace at the 3rd floor, perfect for some drinks in the evening. Pool is a lil small, but has a lovely view overlooking the city and the harbour. Gym is well equipped, also has some refreshments (fruits/snacks/drinks) that are provided for free. I have nothing but praises for this hotel! Only minor setback is the breakfast menu that did not change at all, maybe the hotel could work on varying the breakfast menu.
Excellent place to stay! Highly recommended!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Concierge staff are very friendly and proactively offer help throughout my stay. I especially appreciate the team there and one of the staff called Yick, he recommends nice places for me to visit in my packed schedule with even the transport route. Thank you

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank hildddda
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is not the best hotel I've stayed in, but I was prepared to give it 5 stars....until I lay on the bed, which felt more like a slab of granite.

The hotel is new and very cool, with a roof top pool with great views over Hong Kong. It was far better value than most other top Hong Kong hotels. The location is good, near the harbour, but takes a while on the MTR to get to the popular places like Central and Tsim Sha Tsui. Looks like they spent all their money on the fittings and then had to buy cheap mattresses to come in on budget, what a shame.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank matthew f
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have booked this hotel based on the previous reviews - just check-in 10 minutes ago and this is so far my first impression:
-No taxi driver had an idea of this place - we were driving around from the airport for hours! so if you want to come here - PRINT A MAP... and hand-it over to the driver!
-Upon arrival got some help with the suitcases but as soon I've entered the elevator for the famous reception on the 35th floor I was on my own... no more help with the suitcases!
-On my reservation request I've specified the preference for a high floor... guess what! - not available - now I'm inside of my room with the beautiful view of an old Hong Kong Building right in front of my window - Good for the receptionist team - They have the best view - WHO for God sake designs a hotel where the receptionist have the best view while the guests are looking at old Hong Kong Buildings!?!?
-I've requested a NON smoking room which was confirmed by the receptionist - we are allergic to the smell of cigarette... I was sent down to my room on the 16th floor... and the smell of cigarette was unbearable - upon entering we've called the reception to ask about this and her reply was "can we send somebody with a air spray? or somebody from maintenance"??? - our reply was: No we can't stay here - an air spray - are you mocking? we've invited the receptionist to come to the room to check for her self - of course she didn't came - she ask us to come up... again with our luggage up to the 35th floor... with the nice view there!
-I am tired, driving around, I am stucked in an smoking room - of course I was upset and my first question being back to the reception was "why would you send us to an smoking room.... not I am coughing like hell due to my allergy... Her reply "very strange - that was a non smoking room" for what I said - if you don't believe go and check by your self!
-They gave us a new room - of course couldn't be a high floor but one floor down - we are here regretting our decision of taking this hotel, far away from everything with the lovely view of ugly buildings around, and making an effort to convince the receptionist that that-one was an smoking room.
Having been twice on the famous reception with the great view - I've complained that nobody has helped-us with the luggage and guess what! no reply! - they just let us go!!!
So my recommendation to all.... it doesn't worth to stay here, it doesn't worth to be far away from all - for this view and this service there are tons of hotels out there in Hong Kong!
It's one of my numerous trip to this city and this what happened today - never ever happened before.
Today is my first night... I have three more... very hard would be to make me change my mind - so far TERRIBLE!

Room Tip: Don't know - this hotel is just surrounded by ugly old buildings!