“a boutique hotel in an industrial block”
Review of L'hotel elan

L'hotel elan
Ranked #89 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 3 August 2014

situated in the old industrial blocks this hotel rises up 35 floors. a new hotel here. all rooms ate fully equipped and come with an ipad. check the docking station once before you start using them. some are broken. standard breakfast spread, perfect for a business trip. near to mtr stations.

Room Tip: dont choose this hotel if you intend to do sight seeing as this is far away
2  Thank Bharath1605
lhotel_elan_hk, General Manager at L'hotel elan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Bharath1605

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor and we are sorry to learn of the inconvenience caused regarding the idocking station. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our concerned departments for improvement. We sincerely hope this isolated incident would not impair your confidence in us and would be appreciated to have another opportunity to make it up to you. Please feel free to reach us at rsvns@lhotelelan.com and/or +852 3968 8366 directly so that we can enhance your experience for your next stay with us.

L’hotel élan

There are newer reviews for L'hotel elan

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Dear sir
i am writing to express our appreciation to one of your staff mrs cherry kwai .On 23 August 2014 . when we check in the hotel(35floor reception) .they are very busy .She was very polite and patiently help us and her working attitude was very good .Also we like your hotel and service .thank you very much .

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank hokaitai
lhotel_elan_hk, General Manager at L'hotel elan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear hokaitai

Thank you for writing this lovely review and it is rewarding that our hard work and determination have paid off! When you plan for a return, don’t forget to check out our latest accommodation and dining offers only available on our hotel website!

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

On our back to Canada from Bali, we stopped in Hong Kong for 3 days; before we left for Bali, I harassed my husband to change hotel because I didn't want to be in an 'industrial' area (one of my colleagues told me it was in an industrial area) and for some reason either he didn't have the time or just ignored me.

Having said the above, I was quite surprised; it wasn't bad at all. Since I had read reviews, we already knew the reception desk was not on the ground floor. The staff was very helpful with luggage, etc. They were very quick, we didn't have to wait to get our luggage in our room, they also took time to explain how to get to the metro, etc. Once we had the map, everyday we walked to the metro and considered ourself locals.

They have a small gym which is on the same floor as reception desk (turn left out of the elevators); they have FREE snacks, fruits and even coffee/beverages (we only found out about this on our last day but that's ok).

Free iPad for use but we had our own so didn't use theirs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank The_WHYs
lhotel_elan_hk, General Manager at L'hotel elan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear The_WHYs

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor and we are delighted to learn that our facilities and hospitality have exceeded your expectations! When you plan for a revisit to Hong Kong, don’t forget to take a look at our exclusive accommodation and dining offers available on our hotel website!

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Nice friendly staff and a modern well designed hotel with a few quirky features (like reception on the top floor). The hotel is in a business district so not many tourists but it is a little difficult to get to the Airport other than by taxi. You will use the MRT a lot if you stay here but it is fast and air conditioned - so no real problem. There are a few outlets near the hotel - like Cafe de Corale or McDs for breakfast but it is not full of bars and restaurants.

If you want to be in the thick of it then don't book here but if not this hotel is well worth considering.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GordonSW

Dear GordonWebb

Thank you for staying at L’hotel élan and we are delighted to read that our service has lived up to your expectation. Other than taking taxi or MTR to reach the airport, you may also consider our limousine service (at charge). Please feel free to contact our Reservations Department at rsvns@lhotelelan.com and/or +852 3968 8366 for reservations and enquiries.

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the 3 days that I was in Hong Kong and I have to say, I really loved it.
No complaint with the service, the staff were friendly and fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English. The room service was also fast and thoughtful - I received a call from front desk 10min after asking for a bottle opener, to check if this has been received.
The rooms were clean, quiet, modern and spacious (for Hong Kong standard). All that I needed was provided, they even had an Ipad provided for personal use.
I can't quite comment on the food as the eateries on the streets are never faraway and I was keen to try local cuisine rather than restaurant food.

The only thing that I think potential travelers should be aware of is that the hotel is located about 20min (by metro) away from the central areas. It is within very easy walking distance of the nearest metro station but getting to central or Tsim Sha Tsui takes 2 metro line changes and 20min.

Overall I was very happy with my stay in L'Hotel Elan and I think the cost is very reasonable for this likable hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wobomb

Dear wobomb

It is rewarding to learn that you and your family have enjoyed our hospitality during your recent stay with us. Many of our valuable guests do make the most out of the public transportation (MTR or bus) to travel within Hong Kong. When you plan for a return to Hong Kong, feel free to visit our hotel website for travelling information as well as our latest accommodation and dining promotions.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed there 2 weeks for work purpose.

My first impression when I arrived was good. But it didn’t last long.

The fact that the reception is on the 35th floor is a complete non-sense to me because you have to go up and down for check-in and check-out. This is a waste of time especially with those very inefficient elevators. You would need at least 2 or 3 more to reduce the waiting time each time you have to use them… And I’m even not talking about the music in the elevators, it is too annoying.

It would have been better to have a bar by the pool instead of the reception. The gym by the reception is also another complete non sense. Having people watching at you while they are waiting at the reception when you are at the gym is not pleasant at all. Does the gym really need such a nice view over the city? I think again a bar would have been nicer on this floor.
The ground floor would be much nicer if there were a seating area. I know it is modern and fashionable to have empty spaces, but when you gave to wait, you are happy to have somewhere you can seat…

The terrace on the 3rd floor is great, but why is it always complicated to have a drink or some food there. I think this area would be much nicer if it was properly use as a bar/restaurant area.
Breakfast is good but a lot can be improved. The employee who asks for your room number should learn how to say good morning and look at you in the eyes when he talks to you… The choice at breakfast is a bit limited and things are always the same which is a bit of an issue when you stay 2 weeks. Cherry tomatoes are not washed properly. I had the chance to find a few rotten ones as well.

Room service is really expensive for what you get. Many times I didn’t get what I ordered; I guess it comes from the set-up of the ordering system from the I-pad. And the chicken was not cooked properly.

Otherwise the hotel is nice clean and modern. The price for the room is very good. The laundry service was really efficient and staffs in general are friendly, even if their English is not always very good.

5  Thank Alpage85
lhotel_elan_hk, General Manager at L'hotel elan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Alpage85

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and please accept our apologies for our service shortfall. Rest assured that your comments regarding our service and design have been shared among our team for review and improvement. We do hope this isolated incident would not impair your confidence in us. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is not bad! but be careful!!! Money from the card write off 2 times per stay at the hotel!!! plus Deposit block the card and do not return for 10 days!!!! Was in many countries, but such lawlessness with cheating money meet for the first time!!!

3  Thank Natalia_SID

Dear Natalia_SID

Thank you for taking the time to write a message on TripAdvisor. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have taken your comments seriously and have carried out an investigation. We have submitted a refund request after your departure regarding the difference between the deposit and actual accommodation with other expenses. This refund process usually takes 10 – 14 business days. Should we be of any further assistance, please feel free to reach us at rsvns@lhotelelan.com . We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.