“excellent!!!!”

Dorsett Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Ranked #59 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“excellent!!!!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

staff was very accomodating.... our room was really nice....was a few minutes walk to the mtr but staying at Dorsett was well worth it. there was a typhoon with a level 8 storm signal and we were afraid that we won't get a taxi going to the airport ,but the staff went out of their way just to find a taxi for us!!!EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
DorsettHotels, Director of Sales at Dorsett Kwun Tong, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear junerae,

Thank you for choosing Dorsett Kwun Tong, Hong Kong!

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed staying with us and satisfied with our services. Your encouraging compliment has been shared to the team.

We look forward to seeing you again in near future and wishing you Merry Christmas!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I'm writing in to compliment the pleasant and professional services I've enjoyed during my stay recently from 16th-20th Sep 2013. Your staff Eric was very professional, polite and attentive in assisting me with my luggage on my check-in day. I appreciate and was impressed by the initiative and professionalism of your staff Owen who was on duty at the lobby during my last day stay with the hotel. Owen was professional and quick to approach and advise the parent and her misbehaving children to refrain from unruly behaviors, running around and shouting loudly at the lobby which had caused much annoyance and danger to other hotel guests. I also appreciate Jack who was proactive in helping me to get a taxi to the airport for my flight back to Singapore. I'll strongly recommend my colleagues and business partners to use this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear JohnYoung2013,

Thank you for choosing Dorsett Kwun Tong, Hong Kong!

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed staying with us and satisfied with our services. Your encouraging compliment has been delivered to the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and wishing you Merry Christmas!

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This Hotel is a little out of the way in a business area but only 10 mins walk from the MTR station. The rooms are small but then this is Hong Kong but very well appointed. The only fault I would find was a shortage of hanging space for clothes. Apart from that I couldn't fault it and great value for money, staff very good indeed. If you want to see Hong Kong going about its daily business but still have easy reach to tourist HK (Hong Kong Island is 3 stops on the MTR) its a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
DorsettHotels, Director of Sales at Dorsett Kwun Tong, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Malcolm G,

Thank you for choosing Dorsett Kwun Tong, Hong Kong and we are glad to know that you have enjoyed staying with us!

Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Appears to be a newly built hotel with Modern fittings, rooms with good space; every inch of space has been very effectively utilized; with mirrors rooms look to have more space, excellent bath rooms; courteous staff (Ms Shirley in particular); excellent color lighting in the lobby;shuttle bus to shopping area and Kowloon station was of great help to take the express train to air port or to go to a Star Ferry Trip.
Excellent experience

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear MohammadPerwaizIqbal,

Thank you for choosing Dorsett Kwun Tong, Hong Kong!

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed staying with us and satisfied with our services. Your encouraging compliment has been shared with the team.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Decor within the rooms and throughout the hotel was very stylish which really elevates the atmosphere. Room was clean, comfortable and reasonably large for HK. Staff very polite and accommodating.

Shuttle bus into town for those who need it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear G S,

Thank you for choosing Dorsett Kwun Tong, Hong Kong!

It is good to know that you have enjoyed staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We travelled to Hong Kong with my son's fencing team and Dorsett Kwun Tong was our residence for 2 nights. Cabbing in from the airport, our driver found the hotel with no problems. I had printed the hotel location information for the cabbie, and this was most useful as we did not speak Cantonese.

The hotel is along an industrial street, mostly second hand parts stores, recycling stations, and further up, some hardware stores, as well as modern office buildings. We figured that the area must be going through a rejuvenation. The bell hops quickly got our luggage out of the cab and we proceeded to check in. As we were part of a group, we were invited to the 3rd floor for the Group/Corporate check in area. This was also the floor where the swimming pool and gym were located. The last we heard, the pool was supposed to be ready this week [week beginning September 2nd].

We were entrusted with the room key and found our way up to our "Superior Suite" room on the 23rd floor. Our room was a small by western standards, but quite comfortable by Hong Kong standards. It had two rooms, separated by a sliding door. The sofa bed was set up for my son at 2pm, which meant that we could not lounge around the sitting room. There is a study table with a lamp and comfy chair. The sitting room makes use of the bay windows to create another seating space.

There are TVs in both the bedroom and sitting room, which was a God-send for us as I could wind down with a dose of TV while my son slept in the other room. There is free WiFi throughout the hotel, and the iPod/iPhone docking station was also very useful. The room design would be described as "Modern Lux" with chandeliers and glass lights to throw the light every which way. Materials used appear to be quite luxurious.

Our initial adventure in the room was locating the room safe. Knocking on the wooden walls and trying to see if there was 'release button' somewhere yielded nothing. It was only when we slid the bedroom door close that we discovered the wardrobe. The safe is in one of the cavernous drawers. Hairdryer and room slippers can also be found here.

My wife and I found the King size bed a little bouncy. Every turn would have a ripple effect on your sleeping neighbour. The toilet/shower area was also an all-glass affair from waist up. There are privacy blinds in the toilet if you are shy. The basin area had a small work-space, while the showers were comfortable fit. I believe it's just how things are in a land-scarce country.

The APM mall is within a 10min walking distance. The MTR is in front APM. There is plenty of food to be found here. From hawker food to restaurants. Connected to APM is Crocodile Centre where you will 7-8 restaurants, one on each floor.

We had dinner at the hotel's restaurant, La Maison de l'Orient. Food was a very good standard with the crispy skin chicken and fried bean sprouts were the stand-out dishes. Buffet Breakfast is also served here. Fresh eggs anyway you like it, some dim sum, porridge, cereals, milk, soya milk, yoghurt and other cooked buffet dishes can had. There is also a noodle soup station where you choose your items and the chef will cook it for you.

The staff here were very service-oriented. They always have a smile for you and will go out their way to help you. When we asked for a cab, and since we waited for awhile, the bell hop took it upon himself to walk up to the street corner to hail one for us. He came back with the cab!

A little irksome issue was the checkout procedure. The front desk said that they would destroy our Credit card incidentals deposit 7 days after check out. When my wife told me, I marched up and told them I would wait till housekeeping cleared the room and I wanted my Visa receipt back. Within 2 minutes, they gave me my receipt that had been stamped 'cancelled'.

This a little gem of a hotel - good service, rooms are clean and modern, and location is not too bad. If I had to stay in Kowloon again, this hotel would be on my list again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jamie575,

Thank you for choosing Dorsett Kwun Tong, Hong Kong!

We are very glad to learn that you and your family have an enjoyable stay with us and thanks for the sharing :) Your encouraging compliment has been delivered to the team.

We look forward to seeing you again in near future!

Bangalore, India
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at this new hotel, very good ambiance - contemporary furnishings and very warm and friendly staff. Rooms were very small compared to other places that I have stayed at, understand from my friend who was born and brought up in Hong Kong that it is the norm there. Shower cubicle had a hand shower and a ceiling one even though I had to slide into the enclosure sideways. A board and iron box was missing that are normally available at business hotels.

My room had a partial view of the bay and was nice to look at in the evenings.

New flat Samsung was nice, I missed my favorite western comedy channels though. Wireless connectivity worked well. They have a small gym with a very warm instructor Ivan, gave me very useful tips.

Breakfast buffet was adequate and again the people were very friendly with a smile. Kwun Tong is an industrial area and not very touristy, was very conveniently located to where I had to work so it was nice. It is within five minutes walking distance to MTR, (metro rail) APM mall, IKEA was ten minutes away by taxi - the hotel runs a shuttle as well to five locations that are closeby. There were a number of restaurants nearby so food options were plenty.

I would chose to stay here when I have to work in Kwun Tong.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Rrvramesh,

Thank you for choosing Dorsett Kwun Tong, Hong Kong!

Kwun Tong is a fast developing and energetic commercial district, with some major shopping malls and commercial buildings in it, and the free Shuttle Bus Services you mentioned are exclusively for our hotel guests travelling to and from selected shopping malls and commercial centres, including apm, Megabox, Tsimshatsui as well as Kowloon Station Airport Express.