“Hands down best value 4 money stay in Hong Kong!”
Review of Mira Moon Hotel

Ranked #20 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Mira Moon exceeds your expectations from the moment you enter the chic downstairs lobby with its high fashion and design furniture and amazing mozaic work which continues through the upstairs lobby, restaurant bar and rooms. Checkin was painless and I upgraded to one of the water view rooms (totally worth it!!). Entry to the room was where I really got excited by the design and space of the room. The Grey Goose 'tea' cocktail chest was a nice touch, as were free mini bar softdrinks, and the inner geek in me got even more excited with the personalised welcome message on the TV, mini iPad, AND the free use mobile phone! For foreign visitors, totally cool to get free calls and free internet while in the hotel AND when you venture out including Google maps so you cant get lost (well... less lost) in your travels. With roaming charges you can nearly justify staying another night just to have access to the phone and wifi lol. Exceptional service all round. Thoroughly enjoyed my 2 night stay and there will be no other place I consider when I return to HK.

Room Tip: Ask at reception if there are any specials for room upgrade. If they arent busy you may be surprised...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Jorgen_Christensen, General Manager at Mira Moon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you very much for your very kind and warm feedback provided to us and the Tripadvisor community. We are very pleased that you found the magnificent design features of the hotel welcoming and well worth it. We are especially pleased that you enjoyed our very unique IT offering and we are delighted that our mission to make you welcome has succeeded.

From your review I understand that you very much look forward to returning. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything that I may be able to assist you with.

Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just stayed two days at the hotel, the red color, use of music and all the reference to the Chinese Autumn Moon rabbit does make this hotel very different to others.

What I got was really spacious room (especially so when you consider that it is in Hong Kong), a really great bathroom (and yes, you can really enjoy the harbour and Kowloon view when bathing, just not 100% sure of opening the windows so wide when there are buildings in viewing distance as well).

It is also really close to the shopping mecca of Causeway Bay.

All in all, this hotel has delivered on its promise and much, much more. Definitely one of the hotel I will consider when I am in Hong Kong next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gundamenzo

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and warm words. We are especially delighted that you found the Chinese story of Chang'er drinking the elixir of youth thus sending her to the moon with her companion the Jade Rabbit compelling. We have tried to incorporate this classical story into the hotel design and the DNA of everything that we do, with a twist. We are naturally very encouraged that you find this both interesting and compelling.

We hope to welcome you back to Mira Moon Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We loved the design touches and the spacious comfortable room, the lovely bathtub, the complimentary Nespresso and ESPECIALLY the mobile phone that came with the room that we could tether our own mobile phones to when we were out and about exploring. It was very convenient for us navigating a city that we didn't know well. The rooms were well thought out and the air-conditioning and cleaniness was top-notch. Great value! We had one instance where we requested ice for the room but our request was perhaps not understood as the ice never arrived and we made our way down to the bar get some ice for the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your kind review a many compliments. We greatly appreciate that you were able to use the many technological gadgets and tools that we have made available for all of our guests free of charge. I am very sorry that we were not successful in bringing you the ice but I hope that you may be able to give us the chance to do a better job in that department on your return.

We hope to see you back here in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The design is crisp and modern but the staff were warm and helpful. The room's were a good size and the bathrooms large, clean and beautiful! We got great recommendations for meals and sightseeing from the desk staff. They really went out of their way for us with detailed maps and pictures of food to order. I felt very well taken care of and would stay again in a heart beat!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Jorgen_Christensen, General Manager at Mira Moon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you so much for your warm and heartfelt positive response to Mira Moon Hotel and all Moon Walkers here in bustling Causeway Bay. We are always thrilled to hear such warm and kind words and rest assured that we have shared them with our team.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us again on your next trip to Hong Kong and we shall be looking forward to taking good care of you once again.

Jørgen Christensen

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our first time to HK and when we return we will be coming back to Mira Moon. As soon as you enter you know you're in a great hotel. Staff were extremely nice, genuine and helpful. The room was a stunning mix of new age and ancient chinese decor that blended perfectly. There are tons of perks in the room like an ipad and phone. The breakfast the next day was so good. We were allowed to have a late checkout til 330 pm for only ~$20 more which made a huge difference in our travel schedule. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and am excited to go back to it.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgraded room with breakfast combo. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so very much for your kind words of appreciation and recognition of our magnificent hotel to the Tripadvisor community. We look forward to welcoming you back to this beautiful gem of a unique boutique and designer hotel in the heart of one of the most bustling neighborhoods on Hong Kong Island.

Please let me know personally if there is anything that I may be able to assist with on your next visit to Mira Moon Hotel.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been a Hong Kong resident for a few years now. Recently I had a unique opportunity. The lease on my flat was up and I was leaving for 3 months to go to the USA. So I decided to spend a month in hotels to see what was new in HK. In my neighborhood I had seen this hotel called Mira Moon and it intrigued me based on the location (it is a short walk to the MTR and right in the heart of town) and the outside design. I looked online and liked what I saw and so I booked it for a week. What a pleasant surprise. First, this is a boutique hotel so the service from the moment you walk in the door is very personal. The decor is an incredibly well done modern take on traditional Chinese using rich woods and patterns combined with some more modern materials. The check in desk can barely be noted as such as you think you are more in a lounge than at a front desk. Again, the service is comfortable and personal.
The room experience combines the very latest in technology with a warm comfortable feeling. The designer found the perfect balance between modern and traditional. When I refer to the latest in technology I am really not overstating the point. First the hotel provides you with the latest Samsung smartphone to use while in Hong Kong which includes free calling to several countries. They give you a local phone! Then the sound system which rivals my own bedroom surround theatre system at home can be used via bluetooth from my own iPad or iPhone. So basically I can stream my own shows, movies or music right onto the system in the room. Wow!
The beds are extremely comfortable and the amenities are perfect.
At the end of my stay I left the hotel and flew back to Miami for summer. Along the way I couldn't help but think- what if I didn't actually get a new flat but rather just lived in the hotel for a while longer? Not such a bad idea.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and review of Mira Moon to the Tripadvisor community. We are also pleased that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our delightful hotel again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great rooms, very tasteful decorated, lots of amenities you won't find in a bigger hotel, and lovely personnel - very helpful, vey knowledgeable. Great for business but also for vacation, with a convenient location. A truly enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your kind message to the Tripadvisor community across the globe. We greatly appreciate your kind words of appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you back to this beautiful designer hotel.