“Extremely convenient location with basic amenities and hospitable staff!”
Review of Just Inn

Just Inn
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed in Just As Inn, along Nathan Road, a newer and slightly larger rooms (as I was told) than Just Inn at Lock Road.

The room was small (as expected), but has a sufficiently adequate toilet (enough space to maneuver around). Most importantly, the inn provides clean towels (daily basis, upon request) and toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste and bath essentials. Also, the staff would take the initiative to ask if guests want the room to be cleaned up every morning.

The only downside is that there is only one mirror in the toilet (which is not well-lit), hence inconveniencing guests especially those that are in pairs. In addition, the small space would only allow 1 luggage or 2 very small luggage to be opened and placed on the floor.

Other than that, I would highly recommend Just As Inn to guests who will be out and about most of the time. Afterall, it's just a venue to rest and shower!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Chan2402

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed at Just As Inn (Room 805) during my holiday in HK. The location is really convenient and near to the MTR. Service was quick and polite. Though the room and toilet was small, it was clean and comfy. The deco in the room was simple and nicely done up! Will definitely stay at the place again if i have the chance!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

事件發生日期: 26/6/2014 地點: JUST INN HOTEL

早上本人向酒店職員借了一把剪刀,當我離開酒店打算外出享用午膳時,酒店年青男職員問我把剪刀在那裡,我話在RM 706 床上,門外掛上牌: YES, COME IN。而我亦留下字條:{ 還回剪刀給你們, 謝謝} 在床上。下午我回酒店RM 706,床上的字條及剪刀已被酒店職員取走。我在門外掛上牌: DO NOT ENTER。我脫下褲子,身穿背心,並使用耳筒聆聽音樂,躺在床上休息。突然,酒店的年青男職員用其PASS,開我房門,令我十分尷尬。

事件處理:
我致電內線投訴該名男職員,及後有一位管轄酒店的職員回覆: 1. 向我致歉。2. 每個人都會有錯,佢是一名受訓中的職員,希望我明白及體諒,表示會處分他。 3. 該名年青男職員想用剪刀,故記起剪刀在我房內,故入我房想取回剪刀。4. 可以給我一些優惠,如房間打折或一些小禮物或我提出一些優惠的建議…… 我表示想28-6-14延遲退房時間至6點,但管轄酒店的職員表示做唔到。

本人立場: 1. 當客人在門外掛著 “DO NOT ENTER” ,酒店的普通職員是不可擅自進入。
2. 未經受訓的酒店職員,是不可單獨工作。
3. 保安很寬鬆,給客人有不安全的感覺。
4. 當客人提出一些優惠的建議,即表示做唔到,給客人的感覺是沒有誠意。

Journals of Just Inn Hotel

Thursday, June 26 2014

I have borrowed a pairs of scissors from Just Inn Hotel’s staff. When I left the hotel, Hotel’s young staff asked me that he want to take the scissors, and I told him that the scissors on my bed. I huge a notice board: YES, COME IN, and remained a memo: Return it to u, thanks a lot.

I returned Just Inn Hotel in the afternoon, and the scissors and memo had taken out. I put off my trousers, wore a small vest, and used a head-phone listening some song, lie on the bed. Suddenly, Hotel’s young staff was used his pass, and opened my door. He said that he wanted to take the scissors, and did it something. I felt very ashamed and angry.

I complained to Hotel’s manager, and he said that it’s his fault, and apologized to me, and then a young staff is a trainee, and everyone had a chance to make something wrong. He hoped me I can accept it, and he could offer some special discount to my room or some gifts or
What offers I would accept it etc…… But, when I requested I want to extent my room until 6PM on 28th June, 2014, and he said that I can’t do it.

In my views: 1. when customers huge on the notice board: DO NOT ENTER outside the door, every trainee has not authorized, and they can’t come in my private area.

2. I think that a trainee is not a formal staff, and they should not do a work alone.

3. I’m very disappointed that Just Inn Hotel’s security is very loose.

4. When I offer some suggestion to Just Inn Hotel’s manager, he rejected immediately. I felt that he had not sincerity.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
edmanma, Manager at Just Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

感謝Irene小姐的意見,Just Inn 正 旅館是由一班年輕藝術家,建築師,及工程師建立,聘請了專業的飯店服物員管理,我們致力,熱心去提供最好的設施及服務給旅客,希望旅客在經濟,方便的前提下住得舒適,安全,並能欣賞我們的藝術品及用心服務。

有關 閣下提出的意見,誠如 閣下所講,這是一件個別事件,事後檢討我們也承認我們年輕見習生的確有經驗不足之處,亦有溝通誤會的地方。我們不會逃避責任,亦真誠感到抱歉,最重要是我們不希望因為這個別事件影響到 閣下旅程的心情。所以本人作為主管,當刻馬上承擔責任,了解情況,得知該見習生誤以為 閣下曾邀請我們進房取回剪刀,而進房前見習生亦已多番敲門,無奈最後還是打擾到 閣下。我們了解後馬上訓斥犯錯的見習生,並主動表示送上小禮物及提供折扣優惠以表歉意,可惜當時 閣下希望我們能免房費延長住房至6月28日下午六時,不然便會在網上公開此事,這要求實在令我們感到尷尬及為難,因為我們在網上的評價完全出於客人自願,不含任何利益交易,面對這原則性問題,請原諒我們未能做到,而且,我們房間實在有限,由於當日的房間已滿,我們不能影響下一位住客。

我們感激每一位客人對我們的努力表示讚賞,更感謝客人給予我們寶貴的意見及指教,我們會在當中吸取經驗。為表歉意,我們願意提供一晚免費住宿優惠,期望 閣下下次光臨時能感覺到我們的進步,請 閣下於訂房前告知。

感謝您的體諒及包容!

祝安
Edman Ma

Dear Irene

Many thanks for your support and comments to Just Inn. It's our great pleasure to be your host in Hong Kong. We hope that you had a great journey and many happy returns from Hong Kong.Just Inn is a newly established art and design hostel found and run by a team of passionate designers, experienced travelers and hotel operators. We care very much on the quality and standard of our services, facilities and environment, and most of all, the feeling of our guests.

Regarding to your comment, as per your description on the issue, it is an exceptional and unprecedented case, and we do take this exceptional case seriously and have immediately evaluated the case and took prompt response. We found that our young trainee did have lack of experience, and there was some misunderstanding in between. But we never every tried to escape away from bearing the responsibility, and we do feel deep sorry for the case, most importantly, as a host, we do not want our mistake and misunderstanding ruined your journey. We wish every guest to be happy.

So, as a supervisor of Just Inn, I immediately shouldered the responsibility to investigate the situation. I learnt that our young trainee misunderstood that you invited us into the room to get back the scissors you borrowed from us, and he confirmed with us that he did knocked the door for times before getting into the room, but unfortunately, we still brought inconvenience to you. After the investigation, we did immediately conduct warning and punishment to the young trainee, and deliver clear and strong instruction to all our staff again. At the mean time, I suggested to present a little gift and discount on your room rate as our sincere apology. However, you then requested us to free the room rate for you until 28th June 6pm; otherwise you would write the case on internet to publicize the case. Such request did made us, the little art hub, into a very embarrassing and very difficult situation, because from the very day one of our establishment, every single precious comment on the internet is completely voluntary without any benefit in return behind. Please forgive us that we cannot fulfill your request that violated our principle. Moreover, we are just a little art hub with limited rooms, the requested day has already fully booked, we were just afraid that if we promised your request, it would affect other guests check in. We hope you understand our difficulty.

We appreciate every guest who gave compliment to our effort and passion, and at the same time we also treasure every comment and advice, we must learn from experience and improve ourselves.

To apologize, we are willing to offer one night free accommodation for you, we hope that when you come again, you can see and feel our improvement, please feel free to give us a prior notice before you book the room!

Thank you very much for your generous forgiveness and consideration!

Yours sincerely,
Edman Ma

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights in mid March, room & toilet was extremely small but that's the norm in the city of HK. Hence, you get the best of location where you walk 2mins from TST station and the many more attraction around.

The artsy interior makes the Inn standout from the old building which they are located. Clean, equipped with coffee maker, diamond purified water (which save you $ as you travel) and best of all checkout those "Macau" cafe for breakfast or lunch scattered along the street, ground floor & 1st floor all along the streets.

The area at night is quiet so its good for stay, a bar is at 1st floor 3 blocks away or you can walk towards east TST where you have for nightlife over there.

Overall value for money and better option than other Inns in an old building.

Only setback is the compact design of the rooms spaces makes you feels like go out the whole day and just back to shover and crash.

And make sure your TV is at lower volume as you might get a knock on your door to do so.

Room Tip: request for a bigger room as all rooms are different sizes due to its compact design within the buil...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just wanted to share my experience at Just Inn. I would like to commend Soyi, the all around girl who assisted us in our four day stay in the hotel. She was very accommodating and makes sure that we get the comfort that we deserve. She speaks English well too!

The rooms are clean, although too little spaces. Which is acceptable provided the cheap room rate.

What I didn't like is that the water drains really slow in our shower room, but you may ask for the clean up and they will quickly respond. It's situated on the seventh floor of the building, so you will have to share the lift with all the other tenants. Hehe.

All in all, the stay is AWESOME. I make my coffee every morning using the Nespresso, which is just amazeballs. Haha!

Room Tip: Get the biggest room if you can afford, space is kinda small.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at both Just As Inn & Just Inn in my recent HK trip and I fell in love with the place. I reviews I read before I booked were all true...everyone loved the place. Best location in Kowloon, it's near the MTR, bust stops, shopping and commercial area. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I didn't like my first room and told them about it and they moved me to another room that I really liked. They were very helpful with the directions and gave me tips on how to go around HK. Thank you so much Oscar, Stephen, Zoe for the warm hospitality! Will surely come back here soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I made a stopover in HK and found this little gem on hotels.com. Amazing customer service that exceeds my expectation. Clear direction got me on a bus from the airport that took me to a stop only steps away from the hotel. And when i asked for recommendation of where i should go to buy a camera lens, the staff took the initiative to do some research and provided me with three pages of direction to shops i could trust! I ended up with a good deal and found a reliable seller that i can go back to, thanks to the excellent tip i received.

The room is small but very tastefully designed. The street is full of character with many restaurants nearby and the MTR is only a few minutes walk away. I requested a late check out and was given an additional hour of stay and to top it off, i was able to leave a bag at the hotel to make a short trip to Shenzhen. i collected my bag only on my way back to the airport and left HK a happy visitor! Thank you Just Inn, I will be back again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo