“Not to bad for the money You pay fir , you like something better just go to a 5 star hotel”

Capital Guest House
Ranked #487 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very samall, but at least they are clean, also the beds looks very clean, we can not demand to much any way , we are not paying 5 star service, also the people here its very nice, and they have a very good attitude, the wifi at my room was very bad they just give me another room, for the money i pay i love it here.
I been in anothers around here but i think this one its very clean and maybe the best

• Stayed June 2013

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I went to Capital Guest Hotel for 3 nights. The first thing is the room is very small like 2steps to bed from the door. The first night I arrived there around midnight already, me and my boyfriend unpacked my staff and looking for the trip for tomorrow morning, 40 mins passed there're the owner came to my room and knocked the door and said to me that there will be no electricity at 1am!!! Goshhh!!! Why no one even told me at all when I arrived!!

At that time without electricity , no air condition , no light , no water .. Me and my bf are sleeping and unluckily, there were like 2 cockroaches on my arm and my neck ...it was disgusting (I cant stand on this thing since I was young) ...it's unnaceptable for me and i couldnt sleep anymore i was very afraid and keep waiting untill the light back. then I tried to cancel the hotel and look for other hotel but didnt work cuz there were no room available at all. The owner change the new room for me in the morning.

Everything went well and me and my bf went out for shopping and dining. When we're back MY iPad WAS GONE !!!! IT WAS STOLEN!!!! The maid just give me the room key because I just changed the room. I want to call the police but the owner said I would pay you the money cuz she didnt want to interrupt the guest. I said to her that I saw suspicious person walked in front f my room when I moved my staff to new room, but she refused to call police instead she gave me 3000 hongkong dollar and said that you go to buy new iPad and if the money is not enought I wll give u more !! Just show me a recipe!!... At that day I cannot refuse her money but I wish the owner could find the suspicious person that I told her.

I didn't buy new one yet cuz I want to buy at my home country, so I showed her the price but right now she told me that 3000hgd was finished. I didn't give u money anymore. She didn't keep her word and I said that why at that day u didn't allow me to call police to check every room, there are only 5 rooms Something like that. And there were someone try to log in on my apple ID Account at 22.00 pm I knew that bcuz Ive got and email notification.

I was so sad because that iPad is my birthday present and I have many memorable picture and my work in my iPad ... This guest house very suck and the owner didn't keep her word at all makes me in trouble if I short of money ..if I advance pay because she told me to ask more if it's not enought!!!!!!

I suggest ur guys dont ever come to this place !!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Air conditioning
Shower
Toilet
Hot Water

The bedroom was small, about 2.5x3m with 2 single beds and and a bathroom in the corner. There was a old tv on the wall, a fan and a broken airconditioning unit. The rooms was quiet with the only noise coming from the fan of the air conditioning unit. The room had a window which over looked some back ally. And had curtains
Guests were given a key to the room and were free to come and go a they please.
Check out time is 12pm

The bathrooms was a seperate small room, about 1x1m the cantained a sink, a shower and toilet. The were few hooks on the wall to hang stuff on.
In this perticular room, the toilets outlet was broken an it leaked water on the floor when flushed.
The shower had hot water, which had to be switched on 5 minutes before a shower to heat up. Having the shower without spraying water all over the toiletand any personal belongings was difficuld as there the bathrooms was so small.

The beds were neatly made up with clean white sheets and were comfy enough to sleep on.

Thr air condotioning seem to pump in air, but not cool down. There was no way of turning of the fan which was a little noisy.

The Free Wifi was surprisingly good, reaching speeds of over 400kbp

Thr location is just across the road from a newly developed shopping centre and the MTR train station

If your on a budget, an looking for somewhere cheep to stay then one of the guest houses in Chunking Mansion is the way to go.
Remeber dont be afraid to bargain for a better price.