“Great value, location and service”

Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island
Ranked #35 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I loved this hotel. It's location in Wan Chai is perfect and I loved walking around after dark. Close to loads of shops and bars, it's really one the liveliest areas on Hong Kong Island. Hotel was clean and modern, staff were welcoming and friendly and the food was great. When I return to Hong Kong this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Mark I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Mrs. Sixx96,

Thank you so much for your great feedback and we love that you love our hotel! We can't wait to welcome you back to our neighbourhood.

Best regards, Mark.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We didn’t want to stay at a regular 1000 rooms hotel again so we chose the Indigo Hong Kong. We were impressed by how friendly the staff and how well designed the hotel is. We got upgraded to the suite due to my platinum status with IHG and we were more than happy with the hotel. Essential but functional design, rooms have nice views over Hong Kong, WIFI is extremely fast and the location in the middle of Wan Chai is awesome. Will definitely stay here again – nice alternative to hotels like Intercontinental or overpriced design hotels like The Upper House. Only downside: As previously posted, the open bathroom concept is not well thought through due to the thin glass walls. Shouldn't be a problem if you are very comfortable with your partner, but as it gives you very little privacy you feel somewhat exposed.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room on the upper floors
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear effrontery,

Thank you for your feedback and the team is so happy to know that you were impressed by our friendliness and design. We look forward to welcoming you back to our neighbourhood.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I like the location and modern decor of the hotel.

Huge problems with the Internet that didn't work at times. Front desk claimed that no problems, but tried both laptops and other devices.

The room works if you are travelling by yourself. The open bathroom concept leaves very little for privacy if travelling with someone else.

Do you really want to listen someone taking a dump in the toilet? There is zero noise/smell insulation.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LoyaltyLobby
Mark I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear LoyaltyLobby,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, as we very much appreciate it. It is concerning to note the internet issue you experienced and we will investigate the situation. We also appreciate that the bathroom design may not be to everyone's taste and conversely, I have also had many guests comment that they love it, so we are prepared to receive mixed comments on this design. We certainly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here for a couple nights, I dug it. The swank decor resembles a neon-lit nightclub, and the rooms are compact yet cozy, streamlined for hip professionals. My room had a panoramic view of the Wan Chai skyline, and the subway (and seedy bar street) are a convenient 5-minute walk through a colorful shopping street. The buffet breakfast is recommended, replete with fresh yogurt and juice, salmon and brie and baguette, and a home-style omelette bar. The front-desk staff were extremely polite and went out of their way to accommodate me. I've already been recommending this hotel to my friends; 5 stars all around!

As this is a relatively new hotel, I did experience a few growing pains that management should take note of:
1) The construction all around us outside was not very reassuring; hopefully management can persuade them to keep the noise level (and spotlights) down at night.
2) The internet connection is spotty and the log-in system not very efficient.
3) The steam from my shower set off the entire building's fire alarm!!! Apparently nobody thought to install a ceiling fan in the bathrooms, and some genius installed the fire alarm sensor directly above the shower door! After having to get out of the shower in my towel to respond to all the knocking on my door from the security staff, their solution was that I MUST keep the room air conditioning running while bathing. Buy some ceiling fans for the showers, fellas!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear SH_daddy,

Thank you for your very valuable feedback and it's great to know that you are already recommending us to your friends. Regarding your other highlighted points, the external noise is out of our control, but we are constantly checking the internet speed to monitor service levels and we will look to see if we can improve the exhaustion system in the bathroom. Once again, thank you for time to post your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Though I've been to HK several times, this was my first time staying in WanChai cos I was attending a trade show. Very different vibes from the other districts but i had a good time exploring the area.

Hotel Service
Service at its best for sure. From the time i walked into the hotel, I knew I had made the right choice. The receptionists are well trained and speak fluent English. This is the hotel to check into if you wanna be away from the Chinese tour groups. I felt totally at home even though

Room
- The room looked exactly like those in the photos.
- Spacious by HK std
- Toilets are open concept so it can be inconvenient if you are travelling with friends or relatives etc. I was fine with it since I was travelling alone.
- Though I knew that the windows look out to other bldgs, it still felt abit awkward.
- No lighting switch near the door, had no choice but to leave the lights on while I'm out. No power socket near the mirror or I did I miss it?

Facilities
- The pool is pretty small. Doesn't get a lot of sun n it was kinda chilly so i gave it a miss.
- Sky Bay / Small but nice & cosy place to read a book in the day or chill over a drink in the evening.

Others
- I didn't opt for the hotel breakfast cos there's quite a no. of choices around the vicinity. And there's a Starbucks right opposite the hotel. Plenty of local cafés around the corner.
- The convention centre is only abt 2km away. But most of the time, I opted for a cab since it's only less than HKD30.

I had a very pleasant stay. It's kinda contradicting to mention that I've mixed feelings abt staying at this hotel again if I m on leisure trips. It has nothing to do with the hotel at all but based on my personal preference, I will prefer to stay in Kowloon. But for biz trips, this is definitely where I will check into again. For sure.

Room Tip: Higher floor / not too close to the nxt bldg
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sunshineeee,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback and it is great to know that you regard our service so highly. We know that our design will not suit everyone, but we do have a point of difference. We do hope that we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Great new small hotel in wan chai. If you need to be near Hopewell or wan chai this is a great change of pace. It's new, comfortable and rooms are great. Pool is cool and will open soon. Free drinks on check in at a cool rooftop bar.

Room Tip: High floor and suite
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear mrittmayer,

Thank you so much for your great comments. You will be pleased to know that the pool was finally opened in October, so when you come back you will have a chance to enjoy the rooftop experience. We hope to see you back soon!

Best regards, Mark.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Indigo for 5 nights in September. First time to Hong Kong so we didn't really know much about the location , but when we arrived we found Wan Chai a great place to be and the hotel a convenient short walk to the MTR.

It was nice and appreciated to be acknowledged as a Platinum member, and although I had to ask for an upgrade, it was quickly accepted by the manager.

The suite was magnificent, having both a lounge room and a bedroom . The furniture was modern and sleek and there was great use of the space.

We had breakfast once in the hotel and although expensive was very nice.

The staff were friendly and efficient and would always wish us a pleasant day or night when we left or arrived.

We love the IHG group and would definitely recommend this hotel to stay in.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple