“Last Minute Booking”

Ranked #32 of 717 Hotels in Hong Kong
Amsterdam
“Last Minute Booking”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

While making our way from Hanoi to Japan we decided on the spur of the moment to extend our layover for a few hour and decided to spend the night in Hong Kong instead of taking a red eye to our next destination. After we changed our airline ticket (we had a flex travel booking). We looked for a hotel online and saw availability at Blue Indigo so we took a cab straight to the hotel around 11pm hoping to pay with a card directly instead of using sketchy wi-fi.

When we arrived the concierge said they were 100% booked except for the suite at the walking price. We asked if he'd honor the online price. He said he could not. So we booked online while in the lobby for a more reasonable rate (still very expensive). Why can't hotels honor the online price remains a mystery.

We arrived at a nice suite at the top of the hotel with a nice view.

Overall hotel was quite and clean. I liked the Molten Brown toiletries. The clientele was a definite motley crew of travelers. I would consider staying at another Blue Indigo if given the chance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Mark I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear AB121212,

Thank you for your honest feedback and we are glad that you would recommend our hotel and stay with us again. I do apologise for the confusion over the last minute booking glitch on arrival and have already addressed this with my team, as we want total transparency on all of our rates. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best regards, Mark..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mainz
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed here for a two day stay on business and loved everything about this little gem of a property. Having stayed at quite a few of its sister properties and I have to admit Indigo is one of my fave hotel brands I had high expectations of this hotel as it also ranked highly here on Tripadvisor. And boy - I was not disappointed. From the moment you enter this funky property you will be delighted. Though from the outside the building looks quite unassuming, once you enter a funky light effects, cool music and a relaxed atmosphere make you feel at home. The location in Wan Chai is great and easily reached by public transport. The rooms are of a fantastic size, very quirky and offer anything you could ever ask of a hotel room. Staff were brilliant throughout my stay and even helped me with some emergency last minute printing. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone looking for a great central property. Do try and book this property well in advance as the rates appear to increase quite substantially for last minute bookings.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Alexandert,

We are thrilled to be one of your fave brands and that our staff were able to delight you! We look forward to welcoming you back to our neighbourhood again in the future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island is just wonderful. It is a new hotel, well located in Wan Chai, and reasonably priced (by Hong Kong standards). The staff is attentive and friendly, the rooms are large with floor-to-ceiling windows, the wifi is perfectly acceptable, and each room includes a Nespresso machine! The breakfast includes a large variety of food for all tastes. The rooftop pool provides a spectacular view. I will stay here again!

Room Tip: The corner rooms on the high floors offer the best views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear trbuckley,

Thanks for your positive feedback and providing those great tips. We look forward to creating another wonderful experience for you in the future.

New Delhi
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have been to Hong Kong many times, and this was my first experience with such a nice hotel. The reception area is quite simple, but has an attractive colour changing wall at the back. The same wall continues in the lift, which makes it quite different. The rooms are very large by Hong Kong standards. Top it with electric curtains, Bose docking station, Nespresso coffee and a very well stocked mini-bar. All this is just a few minutes walk away from the MTR station as well as a very large number of bars and restaurants. A great place to stay, and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NatureLoverNewDelhi
Mark I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear NatureLoverNewDelhi,

We are thrilled that you found our hotel a great place to stay and we very much look forward to your return in the not too distant future (we hope).

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I've been traveling around the world, many times in hong Kong and macau. I won't forget this hotel, especially after ridiculously I lost my wedding ring next to washing basin. The staff is quite helpful and the police came pretty fast. Just be careful, no place like home.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank tejatony
Dear tejatony,

We very much appreciate your feedback and it is disappointing that we were not able to meet your expectations, as our team have invested every effort in trying to locate your ring and making your stay enjoyable. I do hope that you would give us another opportunity to allow us to show you how committed our staff are to making your stay a happy one. We look forward to another chance to welcome you back in the future.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is probably one of the smartest hotels I've stayed in, and the location is fantastic near Wan Chai station.

From reception it looks like a very unassuming small hotel, small reception, but with a colour changing crystal wall. However once you get in to the funky lift it's all change. Even the corridors are funky!

The room was just brilliant, beautiful mosaic wall behind the bed, which itself is set in the middle of the room in a single engineered piece of furniture that comprises a desk behind the bed and large sofa/tv area.

By Hong Kong standards, in fact any standard, the room was very big. Which is unusual for HK. The bathroom is in the bedroom, open plan style, with a separate cubicle for the shower and one for the toilet. The shower has the most enormous rain water shower head and the toiletries are fantastically expensive! The only thing we didn't like was the opaque glass walled toilet, with open top, it means you have to know your bedroom guest quite well if you're to avoid embarrassment!

Overall though, we loved the hotel, there's a Bose idock, relatively cheap mini bar, electric curtains, dimmer switches throughout and all the little touches that make hotels stand out from the crowd. If we were to return to HK we would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear JLCD2010,

We are thrilled you like our hotel so much and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to our neighbourhood again in the not too distant future.

Best regards, Mark.
Cheltenham, UK
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I loved this hotel. It's location in Wan Chai is perfect and I loved walking around after dark. Close to loads of shops and bars, it's really one the liveliest areas on Hong Kong Island. Hotel was clean and modern, staff were welcoming and friendly and the food was great. When I return to Hong Kong this is where I will stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Mark I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Mrs. Sixx96,

Thank you so much for your great feedback and we love that you love our hotel! We can't wait to welcome you back to our neighbourhood.

Best regards, Mark.