“Great location in the Wanchai district ”

Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island
Ranked #32 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Chelsea, Michigan
“Great location in the Wanchai district ”
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Indigo for a night last weekend and it was wonderful. Very close to a street market and only a few blocks from Lockhardt which is where many restaurants, shops, and bars are located.

The room was beautifully appointed and the service was top notch. I'd highly suggest this hotel for folks looking for a hotel with a boutique look and feel.

Will be back!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Walls_in_MI
Mark I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Walls_in_MI,

Thank you for your great comments and recommendations and good to know that you will return. We look forward to welcoming you back to our neighbourhood soon!

With best regards, Mark.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hotel room is good size by Hong Kong standard. Room layout is very functional. Hotel location Is great, 5 min walk to subway with lot of restaurants in the neighborhood. The staff were friendly and efficient. Would definitely come back and recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TwinStarsCK
Dear TwinStarsCK,

Thank you for your extremely positive feedback and we are thrilled that you will be recommending our hotel and will want to return. We look forward to welcoming you back to our neighbourhood soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Great work by the Hotel Indigo HK team!! Keep up the good work and continue to delight all customers.

My reservation on IHG app and additional request was attended speedily with prompt confirmation from Guest Services (Peter) on what I wish for, a corner room with mountain view on the higher floor.

Checking in and out were processed smoothly without further delay by the friendly front office ladies (Norelle and Joyce), even the bellboys (Samuel & another gentleman I overlooked his name, sorry) are super efficient in handling my luggage and getting me a cab.

Kudos to the two hero bartenders (Carr and Ryan) in Skybar who took care of my drinks every nite during the week stay, especially on the night of New Year Eve. Great thanks to the housekeeping team who upkeep my room proper and tidy though I woke up mostly past noon, and their turn down service is nice too.

Love the Hotel Indigo HK location in Wanchai. easy access to my favourite mode of transport in HK Island - the Tram!! Spotted the HK Tram with Indigo print several times and ride on it once, great if we could hitch a free tram ride with Hotel Indigo key card in future. Indigo HK really live up to its spirit - refreshingly local, with the neighbourhood highlights thoroughly incorporated in the dragon wrapped building and thoughtful guide for customers to unravel the jewels in the local neighbourhood. Hotel is tastefully designed with all space maximised for the best of customer experience. Over the edge and colour changing pool is the highlight on the top floor!!

Thanks again to Hotel Indigo HK team for giving me a wonderful experience in Wanchai, I'll be back again soon.

cheers..

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Peter C
Mark I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Peter C,

It was our pleasure to look after you and provide such a delightful experience. I shall ensure the staff are made aware of your great feedback and give them some praise for being able to delight you! We can't wait to welcome you back to our neighbourhood.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights and we were not disappointed. I regularly visit hotels in Hong Kong and I am often let down by the customer service, so I had low expectations upon arrival. However staff were polite at check-in and I was extremely pleased that for once no housekeeping knocked on my door in the morning to clean the room. I also didn't expect my stay to be quiet given that the hotel is situated on a main road, but again much to my surprise I barely heard any noise.

The layout of the room is clever, and it was definitely large for HK standards. I loved the mosaic wall and modern decor. It was nice staying in such a new hotel as the rooms showed no sign of wear thus far. The automated room curtains were a nice touch, however I felt that there were one too many switches by the bed, but this is very minor. It seems that previous guests were unsure about whether the curtains were automated and the motor in our room was not fully functioning so we couldn't really utilise the curtain control.

I didn't think that it was a problem having the shower and toilet separate in the room. In fact I thought this was a huge positive given that many other hotels situate the toilet directly next to the shower due to space constraints, which I find unpleasant.

We had a slight incident in our room with our hot shower steam setting off the building's fire alarm. Ultimately the fire brigade had to check our room but the Manager was very apologetic for this which we appreciated. Although we felt slightly paranoid showering from thereon as we were unsure about how sensitive the fire alarms in the room were, given that this is a safety precaution we didn't mind.

The hotel was an ideal location for us as it was only 6 or so minutes walk to the MTR and near various bars/restaurants. Th staff were always willing to help and were so friendly. I have finally found a hotel in HK that fulfills my criteria coupled with great customer service, will definitely be staying here in a few months time!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kiran_a123
Dear bal789,

Thank you for your great feedback and we are thrilled to know that you will soon be returning to our neighbourhood!

Switzerland
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel is located in the oldest part of the city within easy walking distance of most sites. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and offered great 'concierge' advice about local sites, restaurants, etc... The rooms were modern and efficient with very comfortable beds and a great rain shower. The Nespresso in the room was a plus. The bar at the top of the hotel as well as the pool offered lovely views of the city.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Mark I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear dmmajetic,

Thank you for your super positive comments and it was my teams' pleasure to make your stay such an enjoyable one. Do come back soon!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

HK is always a bit of a lottery, however, Indigo Hotel was a cut above. The rooms were decent size, quality appointments / finish. The staff were excellent - not too over the top but very helpful. We appreciated the early check in and late check out. The rooftop pool was very glamorous- as too the lounge. This is a very stylish, boutique hotel typified in New York or London. I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tim L,

Thank you for your great feedback. My teram will be thrilled to know you love their work. We hope to be able to welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel indigo for 4 days. Overall it was very good, but I have stayed at the hotel indigo in shanghai many times and that is a much nicer hotel with better facilities and cheaper than the one in Hong Kong. So maybe I have been spoilt by the Indigo in Shanghai is much better value. The coffee machine in the room was a nice touch and the beds were very comfortable but the rooms were not as nicely appointed as I expected. The location is very good and the staff were helpful. The cafe area is great for breakfast as it is intimate and a good selection of food. Overall very good, but overpriced for what it is within the same brand of hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Catherine B,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We know that the design will not satisfy everyone's taste and we welcome our guests to rate search in our Hong Kong before deciding where to stay It is sometimes difficult to quantify rates when comparing rates in Shanghai to Hong Kong, so we realise everyone has a right make their own choices. We do hope we have a chance to welcome you back in the future.