“great hotel- especially recommended if you are going to the Convention Center”

Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island
Ranked #34 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 20 June 2014

on HK island in Wan Chai district and conveniently located about a block from MRT station and about a 15 minute walk to the Convention Center. There is a large street market just adjacent to the hotel which is fun. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are very stylish and super clean (although I did lookout on a tenement). I had a superior room booked through hotels.com for US$ 206/night
I think Kowloon may be a better choice for tourists - as I think more touristy areas are on that side, but this was a great location for me, as I was there for a convention - and nicer than staying in the huge hotels by the Convention Center - as it is a smaller hotel in a neighborhood and not just one of many huge buildings full of business people.
Of note, Wan Chai is a area that is gentrifying with many good restaurants (Fook Lam Moon, 35-45 Johnston Rd., Wanchai, for the best dim sum I have ever had) and a great reflexology spa a few blocks away (Happy Foot Luxe www.happyfoot.hk - see Mr Ball No. 83! you won't be disappointed!)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear anonymousMelbourne,

It was wonderful to hear that we have been able to offer you great service and the hotel location was just right for the purpose of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our neighbourhood in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island

Reviewed 18 June 2014

= HOTEL =

• Hotel has fab kerb appeal
• Amazing location for touristy things as well as more authentic Hong Kong experiences
• Lovely reception staff
• Great check-in and check-out experience
• Swimming pool on the roof looks fun, didn’t go in, but looks very cool.
• Good location for train station to get to the airport

= BEDROOM =

• Beautifully furnished, stunning!
• Amazing views over the local area
• Electronic curtains and blinds, wow!
• Nice mix of oriental and modern accessories
• Floor to ceiling windows, very cool!

= BREAKFAST=

• Beautiful food
• Beautifully presented
• Relaxed atmosphere
• Terrace to eat outside
* Chef to cook for you
• Very good coffee!

We’re rating this hotel as EXCELLENT!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear TheLovebird,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful headline about your experience! We take delight in surprising our guests and hope to surprise you some more on your next stay.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

In order to celebrate my best friend's wedding who is visiting from USA, I'd reserved a room at this hotel for them. Although I didn't stay at the hotel, I had to deal with the hotel crew numerous times for my friend's reservation. The hotel's sales and reservation crew was extremely helpful as I've requested them for a few special arrangement. They were always a step ahead of me, phoned me for confirmation, asked very specific questions to make themselves the most helpful and efficient. I was really impressed.
When my friends arrived, I'd gone into the room with them, the interior was chic and cool. The room my friends were in was vividly colorful and very well decorated. It is not the most spacious room, but it's well-equipped, nice and comfy. Be warned - make sure you are not naked when you open the window curtain, cos you are literally 3 feet away from the office building next door :p
We also had a chance to eat at the hotel cafe (Cafe Post), food was good but choices are limited. I think there is room for improvement.
Overall, this is a great package - reasonably priced, reasonably spacious, good service and fairly convenient location.

as a side note: this is at the end of Tai Yuen Street which is populated by many "pai-dong" (street-hawkers with appropriate licenses) and the hotel is 2 mins from a historical "Blue House". It's worth exploring them NOW, because in this city demolition, renovation and new development are eroding all these valuable history faster then we can imagine.

Room Tip: Give the specifics to the reservation team, they are good and helpful!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear berry_butler,

We are pleased to hear that you like the Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island a lot. We feel very encouraging to receive your compliments to our staff, service and the hotel design. I am very concerned that the food choice in the Café Post did not impress you entirely, I will certainly review it with the team. We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you and your friends back in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

i spent a long while deciding where to stay in HK and decided on the Indigo. I am very pleased I did.
The rooms was very comfortable with a good size bed , great floor to ceiling windows.
Wan Chai MTR station is one block away .
The staff were very helpful and welcoming.
Thank you for a great stay.I would not hesitate to stay again
The only thing that may put some people off is the way the toilet opens straight onto the bed area. I didnt take breakfast so cannot comment.

Room Tip: higher rooms give a better view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Polo84,

Thanks for your great feedback and it was our pleasure to give you an experience that was filled with smiles. We can't wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked a room in this hotel for my birthday and I am really happy I did it! The staff is really helpful, the location ideal in Wan Chai and the swimming pool at the top of the building is just peaceful in the middle of a big city! I love it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alexia A
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Alexia A,

We are thrilled that you found our hotel a great place to stay, specially on your birthday and we very much look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We've just come away from a wonderful week at the Indigo and its one of the best hotels we've used in many years. We live in UAE so we are used to high-end hotels but none we have seen recently can beat the Indigo for imaginative, modern and well thought out rooms! Welcome quiet from the city it has a wonderful pool (with a glass bottom if you are brave) and a great bar. We chose it as it was very close to where our son and his girlfriend lived in Wan Chai but no matter what you want to see in HK its a great base. The staff were so welcoming and accommodating. Everyone from front desk to cleaning staff were polite and always willing to help.

Some people may find the rooms small but trust us - they are well appointed, minimalistic and highly innovative. We recommend this hotel without reservation.

Richard & Sue Brown (UK, UAE based).

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a high room overlooking Hopewell.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear samcarter1,

Thank you for your extremely positive feedback and we are thrilled that you will be recommending our hotel and will want to return. We look forward to welcoming you back to our neighbourhood soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel is very new and modern.
The room is nice and equiped well and very clean. the bed is comfortable.
breakfast is ok.
The location is also ok 4 minutes from the Wan Chai Station and there is a bus station very close.
The WIFI was great and free

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Shushush,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful comment to the hotel! We take delight in surprising our guests and hope to surprise you some more on your next stay.