“Oasis from the bustle”

Ranked #28 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Los Angeles, California
“Oasis from the bustle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

As soon as you walk in (after a 4 minute walk from the wan chai metro station) you know you can finally relax.

The rooftop bar and pool area is unique and really cool. The breakfast area is done up in a euro-country theme, and the food is top notch, but on the pricy side.

I will stay here again and again, the location is perfect. Thanks indigo...

Stayed July 2014
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Steve H,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. We all are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island. We feel very encouraging to receive your compliments on our food, facilities and location. We look forward to your return visits very soon.

With warm regards, Roy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We've just returned from a 7 night stay at the Hotel Indigo and it was by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in. From start to finish the staff were friendly and accommodating and little touches like leaving a birthday cake and lovely message in the room for me on my birthday made our stay even more special! We were also able to use the shower facilities after we had checked out as our flight wasn't until late evening and we were really grateful for that. The room was beautiful, extremely comfortable bed and pillows, wonderful shower and great selection in the mini bar and free wi-fi is provided. Despite the busy central location there is a nice calm atmosphere as soon as you walk into the hotel and our room was completely soundproof. The rooftop pool is lovely and relaxing. The location was also great and I loved exploring old Wan Chai. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough and I hope to be back one day!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nic7510,

Thank you very much for your kind review and feedback. We believe that what make Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island so special and unique are the intimacy and personal touches that we are able to provide to everyone on an individual basis. We are delighted that you have come to recognize our strengths and have shared on Tripadvisor. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We took a chance staying at the Indigo and were nicely surprised as it lived up to all the hype. The location is good and it has all the necessities close by-laundry, massage (happy feet & essential spa), fruit market, night market, 7-11, watsons, etc. The hotel overall is high end for a moderate price-I think we paid around $230 USD/night for a superior room including bf. It is not a large hotel but it is well designed-it functions and feels luxurious despite its petite size and I like the Modern Asian touches.

The bed is very comfortable, the AC works well, good free wifi, and the small details-lacquer boxes, hidden mini fridge, coffee/tea in room, good shower, etc are all thoughtfully done. It has a small pool on the rooftop (don't be deceived by the photos it's smaller than it looks but you can swim laps) that juts out over the roof with glass bottom and sides-a little scary at first but very cool. The staff are all very nice and helpful.

My only real comments apply for those not travelling alone. 1. When you open the door-all the lights go on in the room. A total pain if one person is sleeping and the other needs to enter or exit. 2. The bathroom is fairly open and runs the length of the room with a central sink area with a glass enclosed shower and toilet on either side. There is visual privacy but you can hear and smell everything. Perhaps not the most ideal layout for all travelers.

Overall, for the price we paid, this was a very good stay. I would definitely recommend the Indigo and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Primomeatball
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Primomeatball,

We are thrilled that you had a "fabulous stay at the Indigo" and "would definitely recommend and stay again". We are also pleased that you found our staff friendly and you like the hotel a lot! We take delight in surprising our guests and hope to surprise you some more on your next stay.

Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I am an old Hong Kong-hand and come quite frequently.... mostly on R & R visits. I decided to stay on the Island this time instead of Kowloon TST and with the Indigo Hotel, I really picked a good boutique hotel. I had booked online for the Deluxe Package with Breakfast and although my room was on the 8th Floor with no view...another building opposite.... the room itself was really well designed and the bed just heavenly. Probably one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. I had a little trouble figuring out where all the light switches were located and which ones were for the blinds and curtains etc. but ultimately worked it out and it was fine. Clever idea to place the work desk behind the bed. Great TV screen on wall for World Cup football watching...overhead rain shower very cool....and as mentioned, super comfy bed and pillows....Nespresso machine for a quick coffee....magnified mirror within the wall mirror above the sink....All clever planning.
I found the staff extremely helpful and attentive and especially the Breakfast Room for trying to make sure my 2nd cup of coffee was just the way I wanted it. Yes, I have had more variety in breakfast buffets, but this was more than adequate.
The best thing for me was the LOCATION. Literally a 4 minutes walk to the Johnston Road MTR entrance....a local street market for anything and everything from toy shops to flowers and fruit.... HSBC Bank within walking distance on Queen's Road E. Taxis galore....a fabulous French Boulangerie/Patisserie across the road....I was in heaven!
If I wanted to be picky, I could say that I thought the room cleaning/maintenance could have been better... more THOROUGH, but honestly that would be my only minor complaint. Also and IMPORTANTLY thank you very much for locating a piece of jewelry I left in the safe by accident and which was found by front desk/staff within 5 minutes of my phone call!
Next time will request a room with a view and look forward to staying here again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room with either an open view or skyline view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sophiebelle04
Dear Sophiebelle04,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on Tripadvisor. Your comments are indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed effort to exceed guest expectations and create value at every encounter.

We are delighted to read that you "look forward to staying here again and again" and we also look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel and I found this stay to be better that the 1st. This time I chose a deluxe room which I highly recommend as it has reasonable good view and furthermore it has a very good work des. I also booked an airport pick up through the hotel and the driver was standing waiting for me when I left customs area. This boutique hotel is one of the best that I stayed at. Additionally the room price is very good for the service provided.

Room Tip: Chose a deluxe room and high floor level it is worth the additonal cost
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jonathan R
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Jonathan R,

Thank you for choosing us to stay again and it is great to know that our service impressed you more this visit. We are thrilled that you will recommend us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and I am so pleased that we chose this property instead of a 'brand' hotel. The service, staff, rooms and amenities were outstanding. Breakfast choices were a treat and plentiful. We loved the decor, especially the over sized shower head. Great location so close to everywhere we wanted to go, especially to the local restaurants, bars, cafe's and markets.
I highly recommend this property and cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Corner room high floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pia t
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Pia t,

Thank you for your recognising us as a "Great Boutique Hotel". It is a pleasure to read such headline and I will most certainly ensure all our staff are made aware of your heartfelt feelings about our hotel and service. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future to our great neighbourhood!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend and we had a fantastic time at the hotel.

Staff were all friendly and helpful.

Lobby was small though.

Room was decent size but very well and tastefully designed. Attention was given to details including the mosaic tiles on the wall and the boxes, dustbins and tea pots/cups in the room.

Loved the bed which was very comfortable.

Was upgraded to the Deluxe room which had a fantastic view of the mountains. Worth the extra more as the standard rooms would most be facing the opposite offices which were very close.

Breakfast was a let down due to the limited variety of food.

The roof top pool was cool with the see through cantilever pool but it was on the smaller side.

The sky bar is a nice place to chill out in the evening especially with their happy hour promotions from 4-8pm!

Location is very good as it is like a 3mins walk to the MTR Wan Chai station only.

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay on the Hong Kong island in the quieter yet central part.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank sporetravel01
Roy Y, Manager at Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear sporetravel01,

Thank you for sharing your views on Tripadvisor. I take pleasure to read that you appreciate our services, location, facilities and guestroom. Simultaneously, I am very concerned that breakfast variety did not impress you entirely. Please rest assured that everyone here works passionately on delivering extraordinary service experiences to every guest.

Thank you for your comments again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.