Courtyard Hong Kong Sha Tin
The Peninsula Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$642
The Peninsula
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$166
US$345
US$278
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$235
US$208
Marriott Hotels
US$182
US$155
US$463
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$135
Orbitz.com
US$149
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmomo cafethe executive loungeshek munriver viewnew territoriesmtr stationnew town plazamarriott branddirect airportconvenience storecircle kwellcome supermarketfree shuttlelounge accessshuttle servicebreakfast spreadexcellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Despite a little bit far away from the city, Shatin Marriott is a very nice hotel to stay when travelling to Hong Kong. The hotel is pretty new with rooms in modern design. The customer service at the executive lounge is excellent and made me and my wife felt like we were at home. The staff is very friendly (eg. Tracey, Rebecca) and would run extra miles for helping us. This was our second stay in the hotel within one year. But we have seen a lot improvement in various areas from the previous trip. Will definitely return to the hotel in our next Hong Kong visit for the third time.

Room Tip: Higher level with river view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles L
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Although 1 hr away from Tsim Tsa Sui in Kowloon by metro this hotel has double bed rooms, unlike most in Hong Kong central, easy to sleep 3/4 and charges much more reasonable prices. An 8 minutes walk to the nearest subway station. Nice comfortable rooms, good gym with Life Fitness equipment and nice dry and wet saunas. Only downside was the price of the lunch buffet in the MoMo restauarant: around 320 HKD which is over USD 50 for a mediocre quality buffet, excluding 10% service charge. For that amount of money you get much better food elsewhere but the problem is, there is none to be had in the vicinity of the hotel. Service staff is very friendly and attentive.I would certainly stay here again but will avoid the restaurant for lunch or dinner.

Room Tip: High floor, water facing, at the end of the corridor to avoid noisy people waking you up during the night
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Compact rooms, obviously.. as it is in Hongkong.
But, rooms are very well arranged to make them look large.
Great staff.
Restaurants are excellent.
Nice buffet breakfast with food from various parts of the world

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is brand new, so its very nicely designed. Their club room is very nice, but the foods sucks (maybe because I stay at 5 stars hotels all the times), but if you don't stay at a lot of hotels, then I think you;ll be ok.

However what made my experience here not enjoyable at all was the customer service! I always came into the lounge really late when they are almost closed and I noticed the club lounge guy would rush to hide the "wine". I don't even drink at all, but I think this is a low budget hotel, so they have a lot of people "stealing" foods or something. I stayed here for a night because I wanted to visit Sai Kung.

The hotel is brand new and there are still a bunch of glitches associated with it - especially the electrical outlet. I plugged my iPhone into the wall and it burned up. It didn't even burn up at any place except this one. At other hotels, they would have replaced me with one that they have at the hotel, but this hotel is really cheap and tried to put the blame on me that its was my iPhone charger that caused the short circuit. A whole bunch of people were in my room at 12 AM for several hours trying to figure out what could have cause my charger to be burn. They could've easily give me one of the ones they have in house, but I can't believe they wouldn't. However, the lady manager there was really sweet, she ended up giving me her own charger. If it wasn't for her, I would have called up Marriott customer service line and get to the bottom of this.

By the time they left, all the nearby restaurants were closed so I ordered in room service. The rice were dried (Literally Dried and hard as rock). Too tired and hungry to complaint and I know they would probably tried to find some excuse to shift the fault away from them anyway, I ate the foods and went to bed. Breakfast was so bad, I didn't even eat anything. However I have to say, the design of the club room with the glass windows is absolutely gorgeous.

Everytime I walk down stairs, they have this creepy security guy (old and kinda chubby) and giving you a mean dirty look (maybe because I dress so casual).

So I don't really know how to rate this hotel. Its new and very pretty, but its in a poor area, so I kind of understand the service type. As a Marriott Platinum member and staying at so many top Marriott, using my typical standards may not be quite fair to them. However, it is true that I didn't enjoy my stay here.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing is probably better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CloverIsSweet
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The service is excellent.
The room is excellent.
The staff is excellent.
Everything is here, and you couldnt ask for better
There is a convenience store below, and to get 24hr food, you can take the taxi to nearby food court.
In front of hotel, there is bus stop which can take u anywhere in HK including to Airport
The location is in Sha Tin, which is pretty far away from city, Shek Mun MTR station only 2 blocks walking distance

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business