99 Bonham All Suite Hotel
  • Fitness centre
Huatai Hotel(Hong Kong)
Sohotel(Hong Kong)
View Hotel
All reviewssheung wannespresso machinegreat locationl'occitane toiletriesserviced apartmentmini kitchenfloor to ceiling windowsdining tablemtr stationroof terraceshort walksmall kitchenettehollywood roadcomfortable bedmacau ferry terminaldefinitely stay here againby hong kong standards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is our third time staying at 99 Bonham and I am happy to say, the standard is still tops. We took two rooms 30C and 29C. Nice view and love the night time view from the rooms. Very pretty yellow lights from the tall buildings all around.
We really like its central location, easy access to many good restaurants and cafe. My family loves the Loccitane toiletries. Bed is comfortable but pillows are too soft.
This area is one of the oldest in HK. So there is a quaint mix of the old and new. Barista Jam, a nice and hip coffee joint is located smacked in between some hardware and rice shop on Jervois Rd.
If you are into preserved chinese sausages, there is Wo Hing located at 368 Queens Rd Central. Super wide variety of preserved meats, salted eggs etc. China Dragon, is another quaint shop selling very high quality food along the same road.
MTR station is a short walk away, so easy access again to other areas such as Causeway Bay, Central etc.
We even walked to IFC and also Caprice Restaurant at the Four Seasons Hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the high rooms. Nicer view and no road noises.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank wenbenSingapore
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent 5 night in HK combining work and extended weekend with friends and I decided to book this hotel since a friend of mine living in HK suggested to stay in this area (unknown to me) instead of Kowloon or Central (I had stayed previously in the Marco Polo in Kowloon and Excelsior in Causeway Bay)... at the beginning I was a bit hesitant but at the end after looking at the pictures from the hotel website I decided to book through Tablet Hotels since the rates were very reasonable for HK (1,400 HKD per night) and I really enjoy hotels with a special design...

Location is fantastic, in an area with so much personality and yet super cosmopolitan and with easy access to great eateries, bars, clubs and coffee shops... Sheung Wan MTR is a 3 minute walk and easily doable with luggage... within 2 blocks there are plenty of convenience stores, fruit shops, supermarkets, coffee shops, etc... area is lively and safe...

The lobby is quite muted and low key, I actually walked past it without noticing it was the entrance to the apartment building...

I was staying in unit 19C (corner unit) and I really really liked the layout and the design... there is a big closet with a safety box, beside a small kitchenette and then the main room area... the bed is extremely comfortable and the Frette bedding is sumptuous and luxurious... great pillows and towels as well... bathroom is small but has everything you may need with a powerful shower head and plenty of mirrors... there is a big big tv and a seating area to work or entertain... the rooms are very luminous and the sound proofing is excellent... design is top notch with furniture designed by Antonio Citterio...

My only gripe is that since the room has floor-to-ceiling windows it is very difficult to black out the entire room and hence it is convenient to bring an eye mask if this is an issue for you... but overall I had great sleep every night...

There is a small gym as well on the 1st floor and an amazing rooftop terrace where you can unwind or drink something at night...

Overall I was extremely pleased with the experience... the staff at the front desk were very friendly and polite... even if there is no breakfast provided, there are 3 or 4 restaurants and cool coffee shops to have your meals within 2 minutes and if you want to party, Hollywood Rd, Queens Rd and LKF are within walking distance...

Definitely a place to check-out if in the city... Great design, amazing location and the right price...

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank TravelingMx
Reviewed 30 May 2014

First of all the rooms advertised as 50sq metres are not, they are 32 sq metres and we measured ours. We had a suite on the 32nd Floor, the views were to die for, both of the harbour and back towards the peak. The air conditioning was very efficient but a bit noisy. There was virtually no noise from the street. Everything we needed was included, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, coffee maker, iron, ironing board. Washing machines and dryer were in the laundry the floor below ours. The sheets are only changed twice weekly but that's 100% more often than we do it at home. Towels are changed every day and the room is serviced every day.

The staff were excellent, I can't praise them enough. Reception got us into our room quickly and efficiently, took time to sort out a query I had regarding the account, had umbrellas available for us to use when it was raining and would call a lift for us the moment we entered the front door. They also directed us to local supermarkets where we could buy bread for toast, milk for tea and coffee and cereals for breakfast.

The housekeeping person was lovely, kept our room tidy and always had a smile for us.

The location is excellent, minutes from the Metro, the free hotel bus shuttle and dozens of good restaurants. If you are going to Hong Kong definitely stay on the Island and preferably around the Soho area. The area is very safe, at no time were we concerned about walking around the streets after dark.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for a suite. We were in 32c with a view to die for.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Take the A2 Exit from the Sheungwan MTR station, the bonham 99 is less than five minutes walk away. Very convenient location, 10-20 minutes walk to the Central, Soho and even IFC. The hotel apartment has a clean and subtle outlook, quite a contradiction to the old surrounding area. Once you step in the reception area (just a counter and a sofa, nothing more, very basic and quiet), you get away from all the hustle and bustle life, and dried seafood smell outside. (Sheungwan is a historic area renowned for dried seafood, ingredients for boiling Cantonese soup, and Chinese medicines...)

Receptionist was rather friendly, always with smile and was willing to help. There are three rooms on each level. I stayed in 18-C, although not the biggest room type but was spacious enough for single occupancy to the HK standard with its smart and carefully layout and design. Everything in the room was tidy, clean, and down to earth. They even provided a black laundry bag in the bathroom with cleansing powder, with which you could take your dirty clothes to the self-serviced laundry/dry cleaning room. Not every floor has laundry room but there is one on the 18 floor which is just adjacent to my room. The bed is very comfortable, and you could find drawers on either side. The wardrode is also spacious: umbrella, slippers, iron board, electronice safe etc are all hiding inside. Next to it, behind a sliding door is a fully equipped kitchen, you'll find it very convenient for business travel or long term staying.

However, as a serviced apartment, they don't come everyday for changing towels and clean up. I stayed 3 nights there (from Saturday to Tuesday) and they came once to clean my room and changed bed sheets and towels on Monday. But once they came, they are as professional as any 5 star hotel standard. I have overall a very pleasant stay in the hotel. The Michelin-starred Cantonese restaurant (Tim's Kitchen) is just opposite to the hotel, highly recommanded either for business treat or private occassions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

99 Bonham is very conveniently located 2 small blocks away from the Sheung Wan terminus of the MTR Island line. Cab rides to/from Airport Express and destinations in Central, Wan Chai and Causeway Bay were all very straightforward.

The local area has many traditional dried food and medicine shops. Bonham Strand leads to a nice square where the Sheung Wan food market (wet and cooked) is located. Also a short stroll to the beautiful old Western Market building. There is a Café Coral and coffee shop on the square where Hong Kong Chinese and Western breakfasts and lunches can be had.

The rooms are serviced apartments, with a well-equipped efficiency kitchen (fridge, hotplates, good set of cooking utensils) hidden behind a large sliding door in the entry hall. More than adequate for making your own breakfast and I would say sufficient for making a light evening meal as well. The bathroom helpfully has the shower and w.c. separated from the basin area so efficient for 2 folks to use at a time.

There is a table which will seat 4 people comfortably, an iron and ironing board, flat screen TV and iPod stereo dock. The airconditioning is Daikin and very effective! The Wifi worked incredibly well on laptop and smartphone.

There is a small gym and self service laundry in the building.

All in all an excellent option for an extended stay, and I found it perfect for a week's business trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business