“Good value, great location”
Review of Casa Deluxe Hotel

Casa Deluxe Hotel
Ranked #180 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
New Jersey, USA
“Good value, great location”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Casa Deluxe is located about 200 feet from the Yau Ma Tei metro station, so it is well-located as a base in Kowloon for exploring Hong Kong. This is a very commercial neighborhood, centrally located if you want to visit the many markets of Kowloon. The room, while on the smaller side, was nicely furnished and in good condition. While not a luxury hotel, I thought it was attractive and comfortable. A big plus was that it was very quiet -- no noise from the hall or other rooms. Overall, a good value, given how generally expensive hotels in Hong Kong are.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank formershrink

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel thinking that Nathan Road was a happening place but was sadly mistaken.
While the hotel is newer, the area around the hotel is a bit grimy and old - I got the feeling I was in the workers/locals area. It's also quite a noisy street (which you wouldn't mind if there were things to do) and most of the shops/restaurants seemed really for locals. While I do value the local experience, the surrounding restaurants just seemed so foreign to me.
Also, it had been awhile since I had last been to HK (back in the 80's when it was still under the British) but I recall HK was much cleaner before and it just seemed dirtier this time around

As for the room, I had a single and it was functional but very small. I could barely open my suitcase. Probably, the hotel's saving grace was its location to the subway - the stop is right next door. If you want a more refined, happening area, probably look around Tsim Sha Tsui

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank d h
Kuantan, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

i travel to Hong Kong annually and have stayed in 6 hotels from MK & TST area. This is by far the worst value of hotel. I aint fussy and I know hotels in HK are small but this hotel is really not worth the value. I stayed from 19 - 23 Oct 2013.

Location is good as its near YMT station and walking distance to MK. I chosed to try this hotel because its at the main road and easy for me to get on the airport bus. But after the following experience with Casa Deluxe, I would rather stay in a hotel behind the main road and pay extra for the cab to airport.

It has a sister hotel few doors away, Casa Hotel. The minute I entered the hotel, the mid age man at the lobby questioned me IF I SEE IT CORRECTLY and pointed at the word "DELUXE". Even if he meant good, this is not the way to WELCOME your guests. The gesture made me feel like you wish i dun stay here or i dun look affordable to them.

I booked a Deluxe Twin with a special upgrade to Premier Twin from BOOKING.COM. When I asked the check-in desk abt the upgrade, she told me its upgraded. I stayed at room 1606. The room is so tiny that some of the cheaper hotel i have stayed before were even bigger. And its an UPGRADED PREMIER TWIN according to them. I cant imagine those Deluxe Twin then, The bathroom is small and the most annoying part is the shower. It started from normal heat temp to extremely hot then normal then extremely hot then turn to icy cold. In my 15 mins of shower i had to suffer 6 - 7 cycles of this temp changes and i burnt my skin since the very first day.

Beddings are average. Storage is fair. Both side of wall from the door were big enough but the hotel is not even considering putting a mirror. You can only depend on the half mirror in the bathroom. Amenities were poor. The aircond is a cheap Midea aircond that you cant even swing it. And even if you have set it to your comfortable temp, somehow in the mid of the nite, it gets so hot and I had to adjust it EVERY nite.

3rd morning, the fire alarm triggered at 9am+ and I see no sign of people running out from room or any announcement made. i called the front desk and was told that dunno wat happened. So I asked them if everything is fine and they said yes. The alarm was still beeping for 15 minutes long.

The final day of my stay, 9am in the morning, I was still asleep and the cleaner opened my room door with her access card. I had the chain lock on and she pushed it so hard that it woke me up. I went to the door some 30 seconds later and still found her at the door and she said sorry wrong room. WTH.

The hotel is clean cos its new and the location is good. Other than that, its not worth the money. With this rate, u can certainly find better hotels in HK.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank ngzoelle
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel is located within 5min to YMT metro station. Excellent location & friendly reception. Pls note reception is on the 3rd floor. We got a free upgrade to a premium room with two double beds. The room is a little too small as we almost can't open up our luggage but I guess that's common for hotels in HK? Generally the hotel has the necessary facilities. We stayed 2nights with our two kids. The hotel served our needs well. Might consider staying again for the location but the small room size would be the constraints.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank sunesis_82
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We got an early check-in thanks to a helpful male staff. The room is spacious for 3 of us and the bathroom area is larger than expected in HK standard. Love the complimentary water in a hot summer day. Love the room: simple, elegant, and clean. In terms of location, it was amazing, less than 1 min away from Yau Ma Tei mtr station. Temple street and ladies market also are all within walking distance.
If you are into cooking just like me, it is definitely worth to visit Shanghai Street for all the cookware, bakeware and kitchen appliances - wide range of selection and very economical. 7-Eleven is located on the Ground floor of the hotel, it was a great convenience for all hours of the day (one tip: purchase phone card at the hotel front desk though - cheaper this way).
I would stay here again next time! :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Northwesterntravel
Bilambil Heights NSW
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This stay got a twin room which gave heaps more space than single. Enjoyed this much more. Cafe on second floor quite good. Close to ladies market and temple st. If you don't like market shopping turn right when you hit Nathan Rd and venture down towards Granville st, Carnarvon Rd and Cameron Rd. Enjoy the walk lots of shops to pass. Have been to Hong kong a couple of times but this is much better shopping. Close to MTR. Free hotel bus from: Kowloon doesn't stop at hotel but the closest hotel is cityview K5 bus. It's about a 5 min walk. When you arrive at Cityview go left to intersection, turn right up to Nathan Rd. Left turn at Nathan Rd and walk about 100mtrs just past macDonalds to pedestrian crossing lights cross Rd and should just about be there.
Hotel is not far from post office to post excess shopping.

Room Tip: If you like quiet request not facing Nathan Rd.