“Still as I remembered, great little place in the middle of everything”
Review of The Luxe Manor

The Luxe Manor
Ranked #52 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I stayed here in 2007 and decided to come back here after booking the room for an early bird discount on the website.

The place was as I remembered, all whimsical designs, furniture and room decor. THey had kept the hotel well-kept, and also kept their practice of leaving two pieces of cookie/nibbles during the turn down service. As we told them that we were back in HK to celebrate our anniversary, they also *surprise* gave us a heart shaped box made of chocolate and filled with fruits. Great thought and service!

However, we got a room with the lingering smell of smoke. It was not that obvious after being a while in the room, though it hits you immediately when you enter. On hindsight, we should have gone down immediately and requested for another room, but we were so tired from our flight that we did not bother.

Another small gripe is perhaps, the small room for a couple with suitcases, and not much space for both of us to move around. Location wise, this is great.Its in the middle of Tsim Sha Tsui, walking distance to Harbour City, with lots of small little shops along Graham, Nathan Road. And the lift can get very busy and slow especially during the morning breakfast times.

Room Tip: Book your room in advance from the website to get a good discount.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,467)

Reviewed 27 August 2011

This hotel was recommended by a friend who had stayed here years ago. Boutique hotels can be fun but from the initial impression of the dark and small outdated lobby things got worse. My tiny room looked into the adjacent building 15 feet away so was unable to open the black out drapes. Only a double bed was provided. I didn't think they existed in hotels anymore, and it was uncomfortable. The pillows were huge and not great for sleeping. We tried to change but were told the place was full. Staff were OK but surprisingly poor at english, and messed up a couple of my messages. I would have thought the word "fax" was somewhat universal. Good location but taxis don't know the place so navigating back at night was difficult. My advise is pick another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This boutique hotel has lots of favorable reviews, so it was a bit of a surprise to discover that it looks a little past its prime. A lot has been made of the quirky decor (see previous reviews) but it's also the type of interior that doesn't age well. The gloomy little lobby looks a little worse for wear, as does the furniture in the room. So if you're considering staying here for a unique experience, you might want to think twice. Because honestly, it wasn't great and I would have stayed somewhere cheaper if I had known. But the rate was fair by Hong Kong's expensive standards, and it was one of the very few hotels I found that had complimentary Wifi in the rooms. Other plus points are service being generally very good, seriously comfortable beds, and a convenient location - less than 10 mins walk to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station, and shops and eateries everywhere in the vicinity. There's also a new mall The One just five minutes away with a flagship Homeless (hip home accessories store in Hong Kong) at the top floor and the iSquare mall with a HMV is also nearby. And a mosque too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband & I stayed at Luxe Manor for a couple of days during our stay in HK. I was not impressed with the pictures shown on the website but it was the opposite reaction for my husband. When we arrived at the hotel, I changed my mind. The hotel is uniquely decorated and same goes for the room. I especially like the shower, and there were ample space to place my shampoos etc in the shower besides the ones provided by the hotel.
The location of the hotel is quite good. It is surrounded by eateries and it walking distance to the TST station. I found the breakfast a little mediocre but I love the fruits selection. Some of the staff members are very courteous and friendly and some are not. However, I have to say that this hotel has employed a great manager. She came over to speak with me with a genuine smile on her face (did not know she was the manager then) and the 2 minutes chat has left a positive impression.
2 hotel staff assisted us in getting a taxi to the airport. This is what we call a great service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Luxe was a great hotel for my business. It is located in TST and the train station is also a few minutes walk. Breakfast was good and the rooms were very well equipped with wifi and modern amenities required during business travel. There are lots of place for dinner next to it. Over all the staff were very helpful. Would surely recommend it for a business stay

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The location of the hotel is great, right in the middle of Kimberley road minute from Nathan road and all Kowloon.
Easy to reach by the airport express.
The room is small with no view. the room is clean and normally equiped.
One bad thing to mark - the shower seems wide but when you pull the curtain you are not able to move without brush in to it, which I hate.
Other than that its OK.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Great hotel accessible by the Airport Shuttle Bus from either Kowloon or Central MTR Station. Never did like dragging my luggage around when I'm on holiday. So it was nice to know that the Airport Shuttle Bus stops just right front.

The hotel is in the heart of the shopping district of Tsim Sha Tsui on Kimberly Road. Its just a 2 mins walk away from Nathan Road (which is one of the main streets in Tsim Sha Tsui). Another 10mins walk down Nathan Road and you will arrive at the Avenue of the Stars (which is a popular tourist spot with handprints of Hongkong's famous stars on pavement tiles, something like Hollywood's Walk of Fame).

This hotel is also about 5mins away from the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station which makes it very accessible to the other parts of HK. Surrounding the hotel are many local diners (a must try), fashion shops and convenience stores (there is practically a 7-11 on every turn). So you won't get bored nor hungry so easily.

I liked the European-Asia fusion concept that the hotel has adopted in its design. The Superior Room I stayed in was a tad small but nevertheless very comfortable. The bed was a super single and might not be big enough if you are sleeping with someone else.

The hotel bar has different bands playing different genres of music every night. Great place with comfortable seating arrangements and inexpensive drinks.
The hotel does not have a swimming pool but they do have a fitness centre in the basement level.

Overall, great hotel in a central location. I will be back if i ever visit HK again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple