“Location location!”

Ranked #44 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Location location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Perfect location in the heart of TST. Right near the metro, small boutiques and huge malls. The hotel is wonderful, huge buffet breakfast. It's payment per room but as I was traveling alone I was given the smallest room with no view, compared to others I saw. And then at breakfast a table at the back with no view. It's a shame for such a beautiful boutique hotel I can't be treated the same as if I were 2!

Room Tip: Say you are two!! Even if your just traveling alone like I did. Chances are your get one of the bigg...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tanya D
Kannas L, Marketing Communications Manager at The Luxe Manor, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Tanya,

Thank you for taking time to share your staying review. Trust that we will continue our commitment to provide the best value accommodation to all of our guests. We hope to have you again soon.

Marketing Communications Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a very chic and cozy boutique hotel with good location. The decor is very nice and the room size is above average in HK standard. The location was central in Tsim Sha Tsui but requires some 10 mins walk from MTR station. The best thing about this hotel is that they provide a smart phone for guest to take around HK with unlimited free IDD and local calls and 3G internet service. With breakfast included in the room rate I think it is of good value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Travelogist,

Thank you for taking time to share your comment regarding your visit to our hotel. We are pleased to hear that the handy phone in room made your travelling more convenient. It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Trendy designed boutique hotel.

As to be expected from a boutique hotel in Hong Kong the trendy designed rooms are a bit small.

The rooms however a well-equipped, even they provide a free local cell phone! Good Wi-Fi connections.

Staff is friendly and helpful.

Location in the hart of TST is convenient both for business travellers and holiday people.

Breakfast is well assorted, lot of choices and the hotel also has a nice bar.

I can recommend this hotel to anyone who likes an intimate, trendy designed hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the street
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kooring,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is great to see your recognition towards our inviting atmosphere, personalized service and guest room. We sincerely look forward to seeing you soon.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

For whatever reason I was booked in this hotel by my company. I simply didn't like the place, but was there for two nights paid for, so had to stay.

All is really narrow, including the ridiculously small twin beds and especially the shower. This is not a 5 star property as most of the people will know. It is an old house converted into a hotel that has some kind of wow decoration but nothing else. And I am not impressed by that wow anymore nowadays.

Room was small, very small. Some different styles of decor mixed together, very narrow beds, a window facing nowhere, and an aircon with no remote control. They give you an old Samsung phone so you can use internet all over the city and do some calls. I didn't use it, nobody showed me the device and it was displaying a "connection lost" on the screen, so I didn't bother to use it. Still, internet connection (wifi) was kind of ok.

Shower was extremely narrow. I am not what you would call a fat person, not even slightly, but I didn't fit. Curtain was shabby, sticking to your body while showering. I used my own toiletries. Small set of towels, no turndown service so you better keep them dry if you want to shower more than once per day and you are two in the room.

Breakfast was dark and absolutely average, nothing exciting at all. We had one lunch, including one pink rice dish which was simply disgusting. Still, other dishes were very nice.

I booked a tour with the concierge, the tour being one of the worst tourist experiences I have ever had (never again...) and that's basically it. I tried to book the hotel car for airport drop-off, but somehow the staff didn't understand and gave me a normal taxi.

But location is very good, that's for sure. It seems it is not very expensive as well. I would not recommend if you want a 5 star property.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Campanu
Dear Campanu,

We really appreciate your time to write the feedback to us. Sorry to hear that the surreal-themed décor did not match your taste and the staying experience was not the most enjoyable overall. Please be assured that we are working on different ways to solve the problem of bath curtain and our housekeeping is always on hand to replenish towels in the room. Also, I have reflected your comment on the food with our chefs. We will try our best to offer more varieties catering to different dining preferences in future. Kindly email to mkt@theluxemanor.com and let us know the tour you booked, we will do our best to look into the issue.

I hope that you will give us a second chance. Thank you again for the feedback as it helps us grow and improve the quality of service.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed in this Hotel twice back in 2012. In general, a very good and clean hotel.

Room size : Pretty Decent size depending what you choose (for Hong Kong Standard)
Cleanliness : Room is clean, bathroom is clean
Bed : Very comfortable, or at least I like this type
Internet : No extra cost to use (Unlike some hotels where they require you to pay to use Internet)
Location : Some distance away from TST and East TST station but is not really far. A few shopping centre is nearby, eg. The One (apparently it hosts a few Japanese brands that only available in Japan , or so they said, not to forget Granville Road is nearby too.)
Food : There is a stretch of restaurants for dining and wine/drink just behind the hotel. Also couple restaurants nearby, Fook Lam Moon is nearby too.

In general, it is a very good hotel though a little on expensive side :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Kannas L, Marketing Communications Manager at The Luxe Manor, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Vincesy,

We thank you for your continued loyalty and support toward The Luxe Manor. It is gratifying to learn that you had a wonderful stay in our room and took advantage of our convenient location to explore the fabulous restaurants and shopping spots in our surroundings.

It will be a great pleasure to welcome you once again, so you can enjoy another lovely stay among us.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our first trip to Hongkong for 5 days in May 2014 and must say my apprehensions about stay at this hotel based on other reviews were quite wrong. This is a boutique hotel with 5 star hotel staff and cleanliness to shame 5 star hotels. Centrally located for shopping on Nathan Road and Temple Street night market. Few minutes walk to lovely promenade on Victoria harbour. TST MTR station only 5 minutes walk. Free shuttle from Airport Express Kowloon station, very convenient for airport transfers. Free Breakfast is top quality food and replenished quickly by ever efficient staff. Who else offers free internet and free international calls in Hongkong? which are ever so important to keep in touch with your family whilst you are away. Nothing is too difficult for the hotel staff to make your stay comfortable. I have stayed at 3/4/5 star hotels world over and I was fully satisfied at this hotel. Please keep up your standard Kathleen!

Room Tip: Very comfortable on 14 floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shyam B
TheLuxeManor, Marketing Communications Department at The Luxe Manor, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Shyam B,

We feel fortunate to have you staying with us during your first adventure in Hong Kong. We greatly appreciate for your positive review and look forward to welcoming you next time you are in Hong Kong again.

Johannesburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Yes very unique. This boutique hotel prides itself as a 5 star and surely tries. With mini elegant desserts left in room daily. Te rooms I learned are not big in Hong kong so I can then say its reasonable size. The painted furnishing pictures on the walls was corny but brought a smile as I started thinking they can draw more. The bar is a main attraction which attracts many non guests. As a guest at the bar I felt treated like 2nd class but maybe cos I was not overdressed. Reception desk service was very average and I was left feeling self service desk would be better option. The breakfast was not wide catering and those with dietary needs will find it challenging. I cannot recall exceptional service anywhere so I may be overrating my stay. A four rating for quirkiness.

So if booking this hotel it might suit you better and be prepare as you can enjoy the quirkiness and better service depending maybe on where you from.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pt2pt3
Dear pt2pt3,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. We apologize that our Food and Beverage offering and service did not meet your expectation. We will definitely share your comment with relevant department heads as we truly care all guests’ needs and willing to go extra mile to make sure these needs are taken care of. Thank you again for this review.