Anne Black Guest House (YWCA)
US$150
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$203
US$337
US$182
Hotel ICON Official Website
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$184
US$148
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$281
US$240
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$79
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for approximately 3 weeks in September 2011. Initially, I stayed in the ensuite room and later moved to the shared bathroom. For the money, I think the shared is best. If u do decide to have an ensuite room, please remember to take ur own shower curtain. I forgot to bring mine (even after reading reviews) and there was a messy puddle each morning. Shower curtains are hard to find and by the time I did find one, I had already moved to the other room on another floor. Staff are friendly, but elevators are small and slow. For me, however it was not a problem as I was gone for most of the day. This was my second stay at this hotel and would stay again. The hotel also provides transportation to the airport for 110 HKD or roughly 14 USD. The hotel is clean as is the bathroom and the restaurant food was decent. The blinds are raggedy and internet is expensive. I do not have wifi. Use the internet at the Chungking Mansion instead. They also have laundry services on the 6th floor for 20 HKD each wash and dry and an iron. Bring ur own soap since theirs is built into the washing machine and woefully inadequate. I also liked the adjoining book room, but no bibles are available. Bring ur own. I did not like not having a refridgerator in the room. Last year I did have one. Buy an Octopus card and take bus 7 to Nathan Road. There are restaurants and a 7/11 close by the hotel so you can buy ur own water, tea and instant coffee. Bring shower shoes and make ur own coffee and tea with the kettle provided. The staff cleans daily and leave toothbrushes, shower caps and soap. Towels are large and clean. Also, the area is very safe and the rooms with shared bathrooms are large by Hong Kong standards. It is fun to eat the warm egg tarts from the nearby bakery for breakfast. I also sampled the jellyfish with seaweed, glutinous rice in lotus leaves, sushi and other stuff bought from the nearby supermarket in front of the bus stop to get to Nathan Road (bus #7).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank starfirebhs
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Hong Kong accommodation is quite expensive if you are used to being able to get amazing rooms for next to nothing in other parts of Asia. This is a good option if you are on a budget.

It's very safe and tidy. The rooms are small and very basic - but for the price you can't argue.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Perhaps it had alot to do with our great hotel, Pousada De Mong-Ha, in Macau but this one was a real let-down. Our room was a 'Superior' with a King-sized bed but it turned out to be two twin-beds pushed together so inevitable either my wife or myself would end up on the crack between the bed which made it quite uncomfortable. They provided bare-minimum necessity with the room. Water-heater but no coffee, tea....The whole set-up reminded me of a real budget-type B/B or pension house. The staff members were professional and helpful but seemed impersonal. It also must cater heavily to group tours for we had two large and noisy groups check in two different nights and I finally had to call front desk in one of the nights after 11PM because one group, college age, was exceptionally loud and acting like they were on school playground. We really wanted to move to another hotel but it was booked online and pre-paid for entire stay so we were stuck with it. One good thing was the location which was near, 10- to 15- minute walk, to the Mong Kok MTR station and the Lady's market along with countless eateries. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed in a room with shared T&B.. I had some apprehensions about staying in a room with shared T&B but after I stayed in Anne Black's, my opinion changed..

The size of their room is right for the price we paid. It's the cheapest for such kind of accommodation... We enjoyed our stay and we're sure, we're gonna stay in Anne Black everytime we travel to HK.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank PropesorTuko
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I stayed at the Anne Black Guest House from June 24th until July 18th. I visited my GirlFriend Fiona(best woman in the world). When I arrived the staff was friendly but they never seem to smile. But this seemed to be very common when I was in HK. I stayed in room 1119 and 1109. The rooms were very clean. The bed is a bit hard but nothing to worry about. There is a television in the room that offers 5 stations where 2 of them are English. The rooms have AC that worked very well. The bathrooms are shared but they are very very clean. Make sure you bring slippers. Towels, shampoo, and soap are provided. WIFI Internet is free but there were times it did not work. The WIFI does not work in the rooms. You have to go to the lobby to get online. If you want to get online for free, go to the library. The library is to the left of the hotel. There is a restaurant on the lobby floor. The restaurant had very good food.

The hotel is located in a safe area. Alot of foreigners stayed in the hotel when I was there. The hotel is close to Waterloo Road, which offers plenty of buses to get you to anywhere in HK. I used the buses alot. They are very inexpensive.

I have read alot of the reviews on this site about Anne Black Guest House and I was surprised that some visitors gave this hotel a bad rating. I was very happy with my stay at Anne Black. Its not a perfect hotel. But if you are looking to stay at a place that is affordable, clean, and safe. Go to Anne Black.

The Anne Black Hotel is the best you can buy in Hong Kong for the price they charge you.
Do not go to Hostels in HK. They offer you practically nothing and they are not safe.
Almost all the hostels in HK that I researched are very small and they usually do not give you what they claim to have. Me and my GirlFriend went online to search for Hostels in Hong Kong. We found a few that we liked so we decided to go look at them. We thought we found some great Hostels for great prices. But when we went to the Hostels to look at the rooms, we were shocked to see that the pictures of the rooms that the Hostels said they were renting were not even close to being what the room actually was. Every Hostel that me and my Girlfriend visited did not offer a room that was worth staying. Once again, DO NOT STAY AT HOSTELS unless you have absolutely no other options.

There is a church service on Sunday morning at Anne Black on the lobby floor.
The church is OK but not great! If you are a Christian and you want to get a good message then go to the church service at Anne Black on Sunday morning at 10am.
If you want to go to a really great church then go to the ICA Church on Hong Kong Island.

I hope this was helpful. If anyone wants to ask me more about the Anne Black Guest House or if you have any questions about Hong Kong. Feel free to contact me at my email and I will be happy to tell you whatever you want to know about Hong Kong or about the Anne Black Guest House. KenCarabba68@yahoo.com

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo