“Very friendly hotel”

pentahotel Hong Kong, Kowloon
Ranked #72 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I would recommend this hotel to friends. Very nice concept i.e., clean lines and modern design, the interiors were aesthetically pleasing plus the staff was wearing jeans, sweatshirts and chucks which gave guests a relaxed comfortable feel. You get your money's worth as the room is bigger than your usual for hong kong at a fraction of the cost normally paid.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
AndyNHSo, General Manager at pentahotel Hong Kong, Kowloon, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear ‘Ana T’
Glad that you loved our concept and style! Thanks for taking your time to write and we hope to see you back again soon.

Andy So,
General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed there with a tour of HIS, for four nights.

It was really new and stylish looking hotel outside and inside.
Their facilities are very nice, such as game place with old fashion table games, pool, and wii place! Which is fun when you are bored in hotel.
I heard their food is good, but I didn't use the restraint at all, which was sad.

The room was neat, but everything was very tiny! Shower room, bed, closet, everything! I could barely open my luggage in the room otherwise it shuts the aisle. So if you know you need big bed to sleep, I font recommend you.

It's located to be a bit far from TST station, it's not a walking distance so you better take taxi. It casts you 70 HKD ish for one way. I once had a bad taxi driver asks you to pay like 400HKD! So now you know the price, don't pay more than that!

There is not much thing to do for tourists around the hotel. You probably need to take taxi to go explore the area.

If you are small like me, or prefer new and clean hotel, you can choose this one. But there might be better choices closer to the city.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 30 March 2014

It is really unique anda cozy hotel.. Feels like in japan, the scenery is quite good. The bathroom is black and white theme. There is pizzabar but i haven't tried it yet because it is closed at 9 PM. From outside doesn't looking good..but it is very comfort

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
AndyNHSo, General Manager at pentahotel Hong Kong, Kowloon, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear ‘Novita K’
Thanks a million for your feedback about how well you enjoyed your visit to us. Glad to hear that you loved our uniqueness & design.
Please come back soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here for 3N/4D. Had an excellent stay. Food, staff, service everything is great.

The hotel is on the far end of the city but it is not at all a problem as their is a free shuttle for pick and drop to the city center Tsim Sha Tsui.

Food was excellent. Limited options for vegetarians.

MTR station is at 5 minutes walking distance.

Overall great value for money!

Room Tip: Request for a room on "Hollywood Plaza" side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ‘Nidhi G’
Thanks for such a terrific review! We love to hear how we are doing & our team are thrilled to read your awesome review.
Hope to see you soon on your next trip to Hong Kong.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had light meals at night in the hotel restaurant, which was a bit expensive compared to ones in city, but nicely served and tasted mostly good. Although there was a small shopping street nearby the hotel, it was dark around the hotel and we did not go out.
Staff members were mostly young and brisk. However to my disappointment, some looked apparently impatient to my inefficient questions. Lobby member was frequently replaced, but work transfer might not be going well, and my request was suspended for a while. The overall reception quality did not correspond to the rank (four star?) of this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is the second time we are staying in this hotel. Its clean and the staff are relatively efficient. However I do not understand why they need a deposit of HK$4000 when the rooms are prepaid and the mini bar/fridge is empty. I accidentally broke a mug and was charged HK$120 for it.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear ‘syr2211’
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us & letting us know your concerns.
We have taken your comments on board and we appreciate your input.

I would re-assure you that the pre-authorisation for incidentals was just a temporary hold to give you the convenience of signing privileges during your four nights’ stay for two rooms, a typical step for most Hong Kong hotels.

I am delighted to see that you choose to stay with us for a second time and that you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope that we can have the pleasure of your company again in the future, please feel free to contact myself direct to personalise your next visit to Hong Kong.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Sent email to hotel twice asking about airport shuttle. NO ANSWER.
Upon checking in they wanted to charge 2600HK on my Visa for MISC., even though I paid all in advance.NO THANKS, I refused.
Breakfast buffet was a joke. I asked their omelet bar for a ham and cheese omelet. Sorry no ham and no cheese. Only half cooked bacon. I survived on potato patties for breakfast for 5 days. Lost 8 pounds however!
Do you want to eat their BOILED (not grilled) breakfast sausage? First bite was already too much to take. Lobby and restaurant was VERY noisy with patrons screaming at each other. Unbelievable behavior. Not hotel's fault. Room was the smallest I have EVER stayed in, but Clean. Often housekeeping forgot the, necessary, bottled water. Front lobby opens to an industrial, dirty alley. Hotel shuttle was handy, free and on time. Highly advertised swimming pool was "out of service". I heard Nikko hotel is OK and much better location.

Room Tip: Plenty of hotels in Tsim Sha Tsui (forgive my spelling). More central location. PentaHotel was REMOT...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ‘Bruce J’
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us at pentahotel Hong Kong Kowloon. I regret to see that we did not live up to your expectations though I believe my team had extended their assistance in catering to your needs during your stay and had explained to you that the email address you requested the car transfer to was regrettably incorrect. Our mission is to offer the best services to our guests and we will take all your comments on board. Appreciate your feedback.