“Very nice boutique hotel”
Review of 9 Boutique Hotel

9 Boutique Hotel
Ranked #450 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Taguig City, Philippines
“Very nice boutique hotel”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Found this place through tripadvisor and good thing I trusted the reviews. The boutique is very near the good shops in Causeway Bay and very accessible to MTR station which is exactly what my husband and I are looking for in a place to stay. The staff are very accommodating especially Dorothy who gave us a warm welcome when we arrived and bid us goodbye when we were about to leave. The rooms are clean and tastefully designed. We'll definitely stay here again on our next trip to Hong Kong.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chickoy815
9Studios, Manager at 9 Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us. It was a real pleasure to be your hosts.
We hope to welcome you again during your future trips to Hong Kong.

David & Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived with my daughter and wife just to purely visit Disneyland..the cleanliness and the space management amazed me! We were treated with great hospitality and guided every time we asked for directions tirelessly. Great location as the causeway bay station is only 5mins away and 9 boutique is strategically located next to shopping areas and a 24hr macdonalds!!! The area is safe and easy to access..the service was excellent!! Wifi connection a bliss! The icing on e cake was that the room was made up with such a touch that we came home to cute animal shapes made just with towels everyday!!! that the if we need to say something then the hotel signage needs to be more prominent :))

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Preeti V
Dear Preeti,

It was a pleasure to host your family during your stay in Hong Kong.

We will work on improving the visibility of our signage, but it is quite challenging in very vibrant and colorful vicinity of our building.

We hope to be your hosts again.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I only booked this hotel a few days before going to HK. I was running out of options (expensive) and luckily found this hotel at the very last minute. Decided to take my chance and to say that this hotel exceeded my expectations would probably be an understatement. I wasn't really expecting much as I only needed a place to stay. I'll be mostly be out anyway but this hotel made me feel like having a home away from home.

The location is excellent and very near the Causeway Bay MTR Station (Exit F).

The room I got was a bit small but tolerable. It's exact. Read that the deluxe rooms are bigger so you might want to request for that. When I first went in the room, I was welcomed with the towel decoration and a personal note too. Their basic amenities are a notch above others. The complementary water looks like those expensive bottled waters. The coffee machine was even nespresso type. There were welcome chocolate too!

The best feature of this hotel is the service (and the people who run the place from the owner right down to housekeeping). Service is top notch. Dorothy like everybody said is the best. I enjoyed our chat tremendously right before I left for Macau. Special thanks to Greg too. Of all the things I needed for this trip I never thought it would be a nail cutter (my heels were cracking and causing blisters probably from walking too much). They went out and bought me one (I paid of course). What a lifesaver!

Overall, it's a great stay at this hotel and provides excellent value for your money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank waycoolph888
Dear WP,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is indeed a great advantage to stay in Causeway Bay, as you can practically get anything at any time here, even a nail cutter late at night :)

It is always a pleasure to extend our utmost hospitality to our esteemed guests.

Welcome again,
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel is in a great location with plenty of ships & restaurants around. The service is amazing, Dorothy is incredibly kind & helpful & always ready to provide recommendations. Just a note the rooms are small, but very clean. The special touches like the way the towels are folded, the personal note & the chocolates are very cute! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Missbecca77
9Studios, Manager at 9 Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Becky,

Thank you for your kind words. We definitely look forward to be your hosts again - welcome any time !!!

All the best,
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 19 February 2014

If not for the space, i would have given 101% rating for 9 Boutique Hotel. Everything (AS IN EVERYTHING) else was just perfect. From the time I made my first inquiry thru email until we bid Dorothy goodbye when she brought us down to assist us with our taxi, they were all very accommodating and helpful. Every spot in the room was well thought of. The amenities were great (comfy bed, clean bathroom, strong shower, good-tasting coffee (capsule), yummy biscuits and nuts too!). Location also excellent - 7-11, 24hour restaurants, time square, hysan mall, money changer, starbucks, MTR station, church, all within 3-7min walk! Last but not the least, the personal touch that was extended to us was really amazing - the notes, the directions, the towel configurations, the gifts, and that hug before i did my half marathon was really heart-warming. Thank you Dorothy (& Hasan & Greg. Hope to meet David next time.). I am sure you and David will go a long way in this hotel venture of yours.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol173
9Studios, Manager at 9 Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Carol,

Thank you for such great commendations and compliments. Guests like yourself always motivate us to go the extra mile with a smile on our face. It was a true pleasure to have hosted you (Dorothy told me about you running the marathon and I actually was meeting our former guest from Canada after she took part in the marathon on that day :) ). She lives in Hong Kong now.

Anyway, I'm digressing - we hope to see you at least once a year now :) Please don't forget to to book early, as we tend to get fully booked weeks before events like HK 7's, SC Marathon, CNY, Christmas, etc.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Our very recent stay. Dorothy is the best, including the staff. The rooms are small, but thank goodness none of us were tall. We had to adjust to the size of the room, but you get use to it because it's HK. (Tip - Just book the deluxe on the right). Remember most of the time, the rooms are for sleeping and HK is about food, sightseeing and shopping. Keep up the great service and the madness of Hong Kong.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Catherine D
9Studios, Manager at 9 Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Catherine,

Thank you for staying with us.

We are so happy that you understand the Hong Kong's space restrictions :) and you mainly focused on exploring this magical city - Causeway Bay is an excellent place to start - with abundant shopping and dining opportunities.

It has been a pleasure to host you and we hope to welcome you again soon

Best regards,
glasgow
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is a small hotel with small rooms but all amenities provided. Remarkable attention to every detail -I would thoroughly recommend. Dorothy and Greg could not do enough. The hotel is right in the middle of the excellent shopping area with plenty of eating places nearby --Enjoy!!!!

Room Tip: Apparently room 507 is a much bigger.