“Beautiful Hotel”

Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong
Ranked #113 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Such a lovely hotel- we upgraded to a room overlooking the race course. So glad we did!!!
Very nice room- beautifully decorated, very clean and with an amazing view over the racecourse.

Breakfast was average- bit of a limited selection but what was there was very nice.
We had a snack and drinks at the bar- reasonably priced and good service.

Hotel is well located- 5 min walk from Times Square and MTR.
Great hotel- would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed 4 nights on business in a room with view into the race course. Very comfortable room, powerful AC and shower. ( Very important). Free use of an I phone to find your way around. The hotel was very comfortable, nice staff. An adequate breakfast included in our very reasonable room rate. There are lots of places to eat and drink within 5 minutes walk. No 15 bus to Victoria peak passes 100 yards away just turn left walk uphill past the light.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian H
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My third stay in Cosmopolitan is still the best. My whole family really feels comfortable with our stay. With a great room (Osim Room!!!), great service and wonderful staff (they are my family in Hong Kong). I'll be going back here for sure! :)

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my family in a suite at the Cosmopolitan or 2 nights . It was a pleasant stay . The staff was very helpful . Rooms could be little spacious but I guess hongkong hotels have small rooms in general . Overall it was a very fine experience .

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is very nice, Clean, Staff are friendly, affordable and great location.
Also offers yummy buffet Breakfast every morning.
They have complimentary shuttle bus to all main attractions.
The only downfall is its next to a cemetry other then that nothing bad to say :)
We really enjoyed our stay and loved shopping at causeway Shopping.

Happy Travels :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked this hotel for an 8 night stay for two back-to-back International conventions. The hotel looked centrally located but securing transport to the Convention center was VERY hard. My two biggest complaints are the constant noise of chipping hammers from the floor by floor renovations going on every day 8-5 and the practices of the front desk staff at check-in.

I booked their "grand deluxe" room category which "includes breakfast and internet". I always travel with a trip folder which includes all my relevant documents, maps, confirmations & tickets. When I checked in to the hotel I had a 15, 4 staff person pow-wow where I had to forcefully PROVE that I had pre-paid fpr my breakfast and internet. All the while they were trying to "up-sell" me into the very room category I had already paid for. To add insult to injury after I had "convinced" them that I had pre-paid internet (which I had to do by producing the printed confirmation with printed terms of my room reservation) they actually tacked on a "service-charge to my complimentary internet". I was there for over a week and witnessed, many times, the same ritualistic hassle at the front desk as other poor travelers were subjected to the same treatment at check in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tom m
CosmopolitanHotelHK, General Manager at Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your comments. First of all, we are sorry to learn about the unpleasant experience you encountered upon arrival. We believe it was only an occasional miscommunications issue while our staff had tried to explain the limited-time room upgrade offer for a more spacious and valuable stay. That said, rest assured that all the front line staff will be reminded to listen to guests’ requests and preferences patiently under any circumstances, so as to avoid similar discomfort made in the future.

On the other hand, while we’ve limited the renovation work from 10am to 6pm only and arranged buffer floors to minimise the disturbance to our guests, please accept our apology for all the inconvenience caused during your stay. We do hope the newly renovated Grand Deluxe Room from the previous phase had given you a comfortable and refreshing stay this time.

Lastly, we regret to know that waiting time of transport towards the Convention Centre was lengthened due to the unforeseen heavy traffic during your stay, which we appreciate your kind understanding on this. Upon you next visit, we would also like to suggest you to try our scheduled free shuttle service for a convenient point-to-point transfer. Tom, we sincerely hope this single staying experience will not prevent you from staying with us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights and we were really satisfied with the hotel's service, staff and the amenities.
Their Family Quad Room has 2 queen beds, a great view of Causeway Bay and they even provided kid's toothbrush, slippers, bathrobes- really family-friendly! You can even rent DVD cartoon movies which the kids can definitely enjoy.

And what I enjoyed the most was the the free-to-use smartphone with 3G internet which we can use during our stay. Aside from the fact that we already have free WIFI in our room, we were always connected because of the complimentary smartphone which also acted as the Hotspot for our other devices! :)

Location was great- it was just walking distance to Times Square and they even have a shuttle service with pick up/drop off points for HK's most visited spots.

And since this was not our first time in HK, we were already expecting rude staff at their reception -very typical of HK hotel staff - but we were really impressed with Cosmopolitan's staff because they were very warm and accommodating!
Keep up the good work, guys! :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family