“Valentine's Day Weekend”

Residence G Hong Kong (by Hotel G)
Ranked #84 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Spent Valentine's Day weekend here. Hotel staffs were amazing and very friendly, especially Cheryl. We were ecstatic we were able to check in before 12! Free coffee and refreshments at the lobby. Floor of the room was a bit dusty but this is perfectly understandable as they are still on soft opening and I believe there are still finishing some construction in the hotel. Rooms were fantastic! 10 minute walk to the MTR. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed 4 nights in this delightful hotel recently. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Hong Kong this time, a great extent due to our wonderful experience at Residence G.

Pros -
1) rooms are very clean & well designed
2) staff speaks very good English & are helpful & accommodating
3) fantastic location, near to several stations
4) a big supermarket nearby where you can grab some juices or grub on the way back to hotel
5) many good eateries nearby - many Korean restaurants & several good local ones
6) room even has adaptors, an umbrella, cups, wine glasses - small gesture but much appreciated
7) good simple breakfast fare of coffee, juice, pastries
8) taxis are easily available along Chatnam Road South
9) towels are nicely labelled unlike some hotels where bathing towels & floor towels are all mixed up
10) speedy check-in & check-out

Cons -
1) hotel frontage is inconspicuous so cab drivers do not know exact location. However Austin Ave is a fairly short road so it is just steps away from the hotel wherever the taxi driver might drop you. Also Empire Hotel, which is one of the drop off point for the Airport Express bus, is probably about 250 meters away so this is fairly convenient if you do not have too many luggages
2) the main grouse is probably the transparent glass for the shower so beware if you prefer privacy although I do think the hotel can easily circumvent this by fixing a curtain railing if this is an issue with most guests

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Wee Nee G
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have been coming to Hong Kong many many times and have tried different places each time. But I must say Residence G is by far my favourite. I love the look of the place, a kind of lofty atmosphere yet cosy. The rooms were very comfortable and big enough which is a hard thing to find in Hong Kong. The staff has been very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is well located on TST, very close to Nathan Road and the subway.
I will definitively go back to Residence G on my next trip to HK.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank noodleandcoconut
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I've been in HKG quite often and mostly stay on another island. But this time, for a holiday, I picked Kowloon side as craving to be reachable for friends and my friends had the marathon on Sunday 16th (where the starting point was from TST). And Residence G HKG was recommended by a good friend so I decided to try a stay and was HAPPY to be there. The 'Greater Room' is amazing. Fell in love with the design and giant space, which you dont usually get that in HKG for the rate I paid. It was so practical, comfy bed, clean room, huge TV and mass living area with open closet. I had invited my friends who live in HKG and they were screaming with joy when walking into the room. As a girl, I adore sexy shower as well. You also get a super speed for free WIFI during the stay and welcoming breakfasts. Croissants are yum! At the lobby area you get a nice small outdoor cafe for a quick chat or mingle. Nice concept where you are away yet feel like being at home. The plus go for staffs - they are very lovely and helpful. Location it is not too far from everything. Walking distance to both TST and Jordan MTR, 5 mins actually. Good korean foods nearby and Starbucks a few walks from the hotel.

So that's everything I looked for this trip and will not hesitate to rebook my stay here next time !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CityGirl2528
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I recently stayed for 2 nights at Residence G Hong Kong and completely agree with all the comments below, this is a fantastic hotel!

The hotel is quite new which is great as the room was very clean, bright and modern and it had lots of really nice touches. The bed was really comfortable and I slept well every night, couldn’t hear any noise which was surprising in Hong Kong, plus really good free wifi and breakfast pastries/coffee etc. It is the staff that really make this place extra special - everyone was so friendly and keen to make sure I really enjoyed my stay both in the hotel and in Hong Kong. I really like the cool design feel of the hotel, the lobby area is great to chill and have a drink and the open air terrace is an awesome spot. There are lots of good restaurants and bars nearby plus all the shops in TST. The MTR is about 5 mins walk away, easy to get to other parts of Hong Kong.

Overall, brilliant hotel, fantastic staff and definitely the place to stay when visiting Hong Kong!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Luke300
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I went to Residence G for few days and I really enjoyed it!
The Great room has a lovely design and is so practical.
When I arrived I was very surprised to be proposed a mobile phone for me to use during my stay and this was very helpful during my trip in Hong Kong!
From my check in to my check out the staff was superb, everything was done in a helpful and professional way!
I also enjoyed having my coffee and croissants on this cute terrace with a little ray of sunshine; it gets you into a good mood!!
Nice and clean room, helpful staff, lovely and trendy atmosphere… everything I was looking for! "

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have only been to Hong Kong a few times & this time I had the best stay ever during my time at Hong Kong. I wouldn't say the location was very strategic & it's quite hard to find during your first visit but when you know the location it's actually very convenient to get around. It only take about 10mins walk to the MTR, Tsim Sha Tsui.

The rooms were amazing. I love the whole raw concept & it feels like home. Not to mention the impeccable service I have from the staff & manager there. They're so friendly & helpful, the most amazing thing is that they provide a mobile for you to use during your stay there. It's absolutely for free until the day you check-out.

I would definitely stay here again when I come back to Hong Kong. Love it!!

Room Tip: Great Room or Greater Room