“New very boutique hotel in Tsim Tsa Shui”

Residence G Hong Kong (by Hotel G)
Ranked #72 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Bangkok, Thailand
“New very boutique hotel in Tsim Tsa Shui”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Hi

I stayed at Residence G honk kong for few days last week and I was amazed by the occupation of space they did in the room. Very clever furnitures, even better than in Japan where usually they are Masters of that. I would love to buy some of their furnitures for my home !? Functional hotel and efficient people. I get copies requested for my work immediately and sent to my room, my laundry came back earlier. It's a boutique hotel in the busy Tsim Tsa Shui...You have the service of the other great players around with a more competitive price....and this truly experience of an hotel made by travelers for travelers.

Room Tip: the basic room have a very nice city view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
Reviewed 21 March 2014

we stayed at residence G for 4 nights and had an excellent time. The rooms are just great, with a lot of design details and quality materials. the staff is super friendly and helpful. we can definitely recommend this hotel. one of the nicest hotel rooms we stayed in, and we have quite some experience…
As it is in Kowloon, the location is not perfect if you're on Hong Kong Island all the time, but it's easy to get there by MTR or ferry.

swansea
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Well it's our last night in Hong Kong and felt it was perfect time to write our review of Residence G.

The hotel is a wonderful 'city chic living' twist on a normal standard hotel. We literally loved everything about it. You may read other reviews about its difficult to find by taxi, well don't bother with taxi you literally cannot to wrong by jumping on the airport express to Kowloon station, getting off and get on K4 free hotel transfer bus and get of at stop 3 'luxe hotel' stop, walk round the corner for 2 mins and hotel road is on the right.

As fort hotel, you may think its a little out the way but with easy access (5 min walk max) to 3 tubes, 3 min walk to Nathan road, and literally surrounded by all types of shops and restaurants this hotel is in the perfect location. You couldn't wish for better,

Now on arrival we were warmly greated by Ane who was as welcome in person as she was in responding to our emails before arrival. The check in was a breeze and Ane even said hi to me by my first name without me even saying it (that's service for you). We were told about all the services (including free light breakfast, free gym and the free use of a local mobile phone for calls and internet (another brilliant offer). Once check in was done we were given the key and up to room 702 we went. The room a 'greater room' was just perfect, all mod con and beautifully designed and laid out. It really did feel like city living at its best, the bed and pillows were a delight to sleep in (didn't need he choice if pillows they offered)' the desk area was great to work from and plan our days. Now the shower yes it's big with glass walls and you can be seen fully by your room mates, but the power of the shower, the warm water and the feeling if it being more like a sauna moved me past any shame (even though my room mate was my husband).

Breakfast each day is coffee, juice and selection of pastries, a perfect light start to the day and all fresh and lovely to eat.

The wifi is separate in each floor and the speed was by far the best we have had in many hotels we have stayed in.

All of the staff, are friendly courteous and can't do enough to help you.

You may think I work for the hotel writing this review but I don't, I really am just that happy a guest. We both loved this hotel fro start till our finish tomorrow (gutted to leave). We cannot praise it anymore if we tried. I can see this small boutique hotel becoming very popular very quickly, so I would suggest you boom your stay here early, you really will not be disappointed,

A fantastic stay at a fantastic hotel. WELL DONE.....we will defo be back. :)

Room Tip: We did peak into a great room / good room and yes they were smaller but this is Hong Kong for you we...
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Let's start with the staff - they're amazingly nice and helpful. They know a lot about the city and even when they don't know something, they would find out, like they did with finding the place where we could eat a snake soup.
We stayed for 3 days in the "good room". It wasn't big, especially when you have two pretty big suitcases, but it's normal in Hongkong, I guess. I really liked the modern design. Everything in the room, from furnitures to slippers or laundry bag is in one style. Moreover the place is new and fresh - it's always nice.
Even though they don't serve breakfast, they provide some sweets in the morning, you can always have tea or coffee in the reception area.
The location is ok, you need to walk a little bit to the subway, but it wasn't a problem. There is a lot of restaurants in the neighborhood.
The only minuses were the toilet, which in my opinion wasn't properly cleaned, and the noise from the corridor - sometimes it sounded like a wind.
I can recommend the place!

Kahului, Hawaii
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel was difficult to find, but when we did find it, we were very pleased. Ane the manager was excellent and did everything she could to meet our needs. The location was perfect. Close to everything we needed. They actually provided us with a phone with fee calls to the US! I have never heard of this before. It was great to connect with the family without paying the roaming fees. Next time we are in Hong Kong we will stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the greater room. We really liked it. Hong Kong rooms can be very small, this was room...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 March 2014

While this hotel isn't for everyone--stuffy traditionalists need not apply, it really fit our needs. The design aesthetic is like a SF Mission loft / bachelor pad, with the exposed oversized shower stall and stand-up breakfast bar. The handyphone (free samsung android phone) was very convenient--I used its hotspot feature and my own smartphone to significantly enhance our trip's experience.

The location is really convenient in TST. It's only about a 5-10 min walk to the metro, so great for people short on time or are lazy.

The staff seemed very friendly, and Westerners should have no problem here. There were minor service hiccups but the overall experience was very positive. I would happily return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Excellent hospitality, reasonable pricing.. modern and clean hotel near to Jordan MTR.

You can take Cityflyer bus A21 from the airport, every 10-12 mins and get off on Chatham Road South at stop 18 Hong Kong Science Museum. When you get off the bus the hotel is about 80-metres ahead, same side of the road, at the junction of Chatham Road South and Austin Avenue. Fare is HK$33 adult, HK$16.5 child. The journey would probably take about 65/70 mins.

From Kowloon Station, the nearest free Airport Express Shuttle Bus stop is, I think, Park Hotel on route K4, at the junction of Chatham Road South and Cameron Road, about 250-metres from Residence G.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family