Stayed here for 2 nights in a "good" size room, which was perfect size for my husband and me. We were in 402, which has a shared balcony, one of the only ones in the hotel. Here are my thoughts.
The staff. Hands down some of the best hotel staff I've ever encountered. Their English is impeccable. And they were incredibly helpful. The young guy in the morning (can't remember name!) saw us hanging over a map and came right over to help us plan our activities and offer us tips on what to do and when. And Cheryll was fantastic too -- very friendly and helpful during our entire stay.
- Breakfast: It's croissants and coffee. And it's free. And they're yummy. So don't complain. There are plenty of restaurants in the immediate vicinity if you need something more
- Complimentary coffee / tea / water and goodies all day. Need I say more. I can't vouch for the tea, but the coffee was fantastic.
- Mobile: We found it really helpful that all the rooms come with a mobile you can use free of charge and take around with you.
THE BAD (but really not that bad):
I felt that the rooms could be a bit cleaner, especially on the side of the bed up against the window. There was quite a bit of dust on the sills and dust balls on the ground. But overall, very clean. Just an area that's a bit hard to reach.
- Location: Yes this place can be a bit tricky at first. My taxi driver didn't know where it was and dropped me 20 mins away. I think he was confused on the Ave vs Road...But this isn't the hotel's fault. My suggestion would be to beef up the directions on the website. I printed it off and gave to my taxi driver, but maybe if there was a landmark or some other directions it would be easier for them.
- Amenities: There's a nice gym. Small, but has everything you need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence G Hong Kong is a vibrant lifestyle hotel, industrial design inspired with a subtle urban accent equaling understated glamour and in-vogue atmosphere. It reflects the rhythms of metropolitan Hong Kong with cutting edge guest rooms and loft.Situated in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, Residence G is a short 5 minutes walk to both Jordan and Tsim Sha Tsui MTR stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence G Hong Kong (by Hotel G) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence G Hong Kong (By Hotel G)