“Great hotel, Amazing staff”

Residence G Hong Kong (by Hotel G)
Ranked #61 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Great hotel, Amazing staff”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in a "good" size room, which was perfect size for my husband and me. We were in 402, which has a shared balcony, one of the only ones in the hotel. Here are my thoughts.

THE GOOD:

The staff. Hands down some of the best hotel staff I've ever encountered. Their English is impeccable. And they were incredibly helpful. The young guy in the morning (can't remember name!) saw us hanging over a map and came right over to help us plan our activities and offer us tips on what to do and when. And Cheryll was fantastic too -- very friendly and helpful during our entire stay.

- Breakfast: It's croissants and coffee. And it's free. And they're yummy. So don't complain. There are plenty of restaurants in the immediate vicinity if you need something more

- Complimentary coffee / tea / water and goodies all day. Need I say more. I can't vouch for the tea, but the coffee was fantastic.

- Mobile: We found it really helpful that all the rooms come with a mobile you can use free of charge and take around with you.

THE BAD (but really not that bad):
I felt that the rooms could be a bit cleaner, especially on the side of the bed up against the window. There was quite a bit of dust on the sills and dust balls on the ground. But overall, very clean. Just an area that's a bit hard to reach.

OTHERS:

- Location: Yes this place can be a bit tricky at first. My taxi driver didn't know where it was and dropped me 20 mins away. I think he was confused on the Ave vs Road...But this isn't the hotel's fault. My suggestion would be to beef up the directions on the website. I printed it off and gave to my taxi driver, but maybe if there was a landmark or some other directions it would be easier for them.

- Amenities: There's a nice gym. Small, but has everything you need.

Room Tip: 402 has a HUGE balcony!
1 Thank twaterwoman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Well I think the last 2 reviewers beat me to it, they pretty much said everything I wanted to say! I also arrived on an early flight and had notified the hotel of an early check in and was able to go to my room straightaway. The mobile phone they provided was great, as was the umbrella for all the rain, plus I'm pretty sure I got an upgraded room as well, although the hotel staff didn't mention it.

It's located a good walk to TST station and although I liked the location down a one way side street I can see that it would be hard to find, especially in the dark. My taxi driver dropped me at the corner of Kimberley Rd and I walked down the street to the entrance.

There was a little problem with the electricity and a few lights over my bed didn't turn off, which was frustrating when you're trying to nap after a very long flight but luckily this was fixed after an hour.

Overall I would definitely like to stay at Residence G again on my next trip to Hong Kong.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ophir
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this cool hotel for an anniversary weekend while already in Asia and it was blissfully simple, chic and comfortable. We stayed in one of the small rooms and it was perfect for two people. I felt like every inch of the room was planned well and thought through. There were quite a few things there that really made us feel at home. There were converter plugs in the room, lots of great channels to choose from on the television, free wifi and snacks in the room. The best thing was the smartphone provided in the room that was pre-loaded with ideas on things to do while in Hong Kong with maps and other details that really proved helpful to us to maximize our two days in the city. We were even able to make free international calls on the phone. Incredibly accommodating! My husband and I are busy professionals, so we didn't really plan much in advance. Between the smartphone and Wil at the front desk, we were able to quickly put together an itinerary that we'll remember for the rest of our lives. Lastly, it was raining during our trip and my husband forgot his umbrella. What do you know? There was one in the room. The conveniences provided just never ended with this hotel. They've thought of everything.

I love, love, love this hotel. I can't wait for the first one to open in San Francisco this year. We'll finally have this cool hotel chain stateside.

2 Thank April M
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My stay isn't done but just had to write a review ! Love love love this Hotel . Got in early because of the early flight and not only did Ane ( operations manager ) allow us to check in but upgraded us the Greatest Room ! been to many hotels but G beats them all. Love the boutique design with modern elements from the bed to the open shower to the little things such as M&Ms and a smart phone who can take with you while moving about the city. Thanks Ane !!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms
San Jose, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

LOVED it. We travel to HK on business often and have stayed at variety of places in Kowloon and HK that were 4 or more stars, the Residence G delivered the same fantastic feeling as the larger more expensive hotels. The room we stayed at was called "Great Room" and it really was a great room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Woodbury, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was very nice. The rooms were small but it was very modern, clean, and had huge wall to ceiling window that overlooked Kowloon. My room had a shower right in front of the bed that was made out of glass so anybody could see in. Great for couples, but i would not recommend it if you traveling with a friend. (however, they might have different types of rooms).
The location was great. They give you a smartphone that you can take around that has maps and will guide you around the city. This was a lifesaver and made all of the difference for us. The smartphone even gave you a guide to the subways. We stayed two nights, and one night, the fire alarm was going off every hour until 3 am. It kept us up and was very annoying, but they accommodated us by returning our money for that one night. That was the only negative thing i would say about the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel