“Cozy, comfy and well equipped”

Residence G Hong Kong (by Hotel G)
Ranked #77 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Cozy, comfy and well equipped”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the Greater room for 4 nights and we absolutely loved our roomy hotel room! The room was made for comfort and was very large (2 TVs and 2 toilets even!) and well equipped. Love the artsy feel of the deco and furniture. There're lots of sockets all over the room, ideal for the modern traveller and our tetchy gadgets! An extra bonus was the smartphone with free data and international calls which the hotel provided to us. Free coffee 24/7 was provided at the lobby too. We'll be back!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank AllyKumar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tainan, Taiwan
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Staying here for 3 night in greater room, nice interior design, also provide with a google phone which let u call international call for free, awesome, location is not too far from Jordan mrt station, it's like 700 meters away, not bad! Zaha hadid's new building is at next corner in HK poly college!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jakarta
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here in March when the hotel was still in its soft opening. This hotel took me ages to find. The taxi had to go around a few times but after the initial annoyance, I was welcomed into a chic, industrial vibe room with a space considered big enough for Hkg. The free mobile phone with great apps they provide is a boon! Such a great touch for a wary traveler like myself. Check-in was smooth, the free coffee, juice and croissants were a welcome sight for early morning arrival guests. I love the comfy bed, the design of the room, but not sure about the see-through bathroom. I can't bring my teen-age children to stay here with me -that would be so awkward! Other than that, the nice little touches you see in your room leave a very good impression: the gummy bears, the little notes, etc. I had a most comfortable stay and will definitely go back (but I wish they would do something with that shower enclosure so it would be great for a family too).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Culturekiosque
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Exactly what I needed. I only had a brief two day stay in Hong Kong and wanted to photograph the gritty old world charm of the back alleys, markets and side streets of Kowloon. As much as I wanted to see the urban decay, I wanted my hotel to be the opposite. Residence G fit that bill and more. It is a haven tucked in amongst the craziness of the area. Stylish, clean, reasonable rates and a top notch staff that were quick to assist me in my sightseeing plans and anything else I needed.

Free smart phone with mobile wifi (I linked it to my iphone) was worth the price of admission alone! Stylish rooms, free coffee, juice and croissants for breakfast was all I needed. The bed was large, clean and very comfortable after a long day of walking around Hong Kong.

Hand written note with complimentary water and candies in my room upon arrival! These are the little things that make this hotel stand out and why I love boutique hotels in general.

Great job Residence G! I posted a couple photos on Instagram under the hashtag #ResidenceG

I will definitely be back next time I visit Hong Kong.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This probably the best hotel that I've stayed in recent years! The room is fabulous, the bed is super comfy, and the room is more than enough for two people. The only thing that bothers me is the air-con is a bit loud, so apart from that, I would recommend you all to consider Residence G if you're planning your next trip to Hong Kong!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The perfect hôtel at the perfect location! The staff was amazing, the rooms are perfect, great size, super clean! The area around the hôtel is great too, lots of great korean bbq! The subway station is 5 minutes walking ! Ill go back there for sure if im goin back to honk Kong!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ludolamainbleue
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in a "good" size room, which was perfect size for my husband and me. We were in 402, which has a shared balcony, one of the only ones in the hotel. Here are my thoughts.

THE GOOD:

The staff. Hands down some of the best hotel staff I've ever encountered. Their English is impeccable. And they were incredibly helpful. The young guy in the morning (can't remember name!) saw us hanging over a map and came right over to help us plan our activities and offer us tips on what to do and when. And Cheryll was fantastic too -- very friendly and helpful during our entire stay.

- Breakfast: It's croissants and coffee. And it's free. And they're yummy. So don't complain. There are plenty of restaurants in the immediate vicinity if you need something more

- Complimentary coffee / tea / water and goodies all day. Need I say more. I can't vouch for the tea, but the coffee was fantastic.

- Mobile: We found it really helpful that all the rooms come with a mobile you can use free of charge and take around with you.

THE BAD (but really not that bad):
I felt that the rooms could be a bit cleaner, especially on the side of the bed up against the window. There was quite a bit of dust on the sills and dust balls on the ground. But overall, very clean. Just an area that's a bit hard to reach.

OTHERS:

- Location: Yes this place can be a bit tricky at first. My taxi driver didn't know where it was and dropped me 20 mins away. I think he was confused on the Ave vs Road...But this isn't the hotel's fault. My suggestion would be to beef up the directions on the website. I printed it off and gave to my taxi driver, but maybe if there was a landmark or some other directions it would be easier for them.

- Amenities: There's a nice gym. Small, but has everything you need.

Room Tip: 402 has a HUGE balcony!