“Nice”

Newton Hotel Kowloon
Ranked #389 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Nice”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Decided to stay here since it's the most practical lodging near KITEC (Kowloonbay International Trade & Exhibition Centre). Though it's far from the metro, it's only few minutes away from Ngau Tau Kok and Kwun Tong MTR stations. The size of the room and amenities were okay and note that a HK$500 deposit will be required upon check-in.

Take note that there's no night life near the hotel (nearby establishments are mostly industrial buildings) and the vicinity's really quiet in the evening (can be quite freaky as it gets really dark on the alleys as well). Upside is 24-hr chinese restaurant a few steps away (Hung To Cafe if I remember correctly) and the receptionists can speak in English.

We made reservations via a travel agency where the rates were lower.

Room Tip: Broadband connection is available at the 21st floor (not all floors have internet).
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adele A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed at Newton hotel in Kowloon during my second business travel in HK last Q3 of 2012. Particularly liked the location because its near HK MTR and its also within the vicinity of our client's business address in Kowloon's industrial area. The outside view from my room was actually great and I think the room was just right. My biggest problem was the food selection in the breakfast buffet. However, there was one night during my stay wherein an old age hotel staff offered some fruits and I was touched by the gesture. Overall, I believe you can get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Demz_Pogi
China
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I know many people have rated this hotel as a "good / decent" business hotel, I am not sure if there was any change recently, but what I saw was below average. Key turn-off was the cleanliness of the room: hair on the (dirty) rug, stains on the bed sheets, yellowish curtains...YUK. Staff was rather rude and un-helping, answering "NO" before even getting the questions right... Frankly speaking, this is not a nice business stay for the money. There are better (and cleaner!) options on Nathan Road. Only positive point though was the relative spaciousness of the rooms (space is tight in HK!).

Room Tip: Take the highest on the range you can afford!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Acidinmyfridge

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Manila
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I went there with my parent and brother. the hotel is great . walking distance to MTR. either Prince Edward or Mon kok East.. near a string of restaurants. The Bed and Bathroom is just right. clean and spacious for two Asian adult. definitely going back there. forgot to take pictures. maybe next time:-)

• Stayed March 2010
3 Thank ChaseMome
jakarta
Reviewed 24 March 2010

we stay here for 3 nights.great place,good value for money,near ladies market.
clean,friendly reception staff,near MTR,safety deposit fro each rooms, only 5 minutes by walking, good view from my room.
Poor internet (have to pay $ 80 hongkong for 1 night), breakfast not to good.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Booked this hotel via a travel agent here in Manila. Cheap compared to other hotels of the same "quality range". It's about 5-10 mins walk to the MTR station. For the price I was expecting a hostel-type of accommodation but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the reception area and especially the room. It had a bathtub! The only bad thing was the bed. It was clean, but not comfortable. It was not soft and the pillows were kinda flat. My semi-double bed at the apartment felt bigger and more comfortable for the both of us. If the bed was more comfortable I would book here again in a heartbeat with my family, but I think I'll check out other hotels first.

The receptionists and other people in the lobby were very very accommodating and most spoke great English. Every morning we would talk to them and have them draw in a map the best way to commute to our destinations for the day :) Saved us the hassle and expense of getting lost in HK

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple