“Amorable spa, amazing view top room”

Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #3 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I wondered why this hotel so expensive, after a bit wondering, decided to book this hotel for its reputation, it was not wrong, everything here so perfectly, i could not imagine how it was splendid and beautiful.the spa here with special jacuzzi i've got ever used with nice staffs eagering to meet any very small request, a room i could not see how it it nice, so comfotable, with calbe for ipad, my Imac as well, really adorable !!!!!

Room Tip: you should email in advance for a spa voucher to get offer, also an amorable room upper high floor s...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 May 2012

This was an excellent hotel. While the decor is a bit vanilla and safe, the staff were excellent and were very quick to anticipate your needs and take care of you. I was impressed with the numerous thoughtful service touches. The only challenges I faced were some minor problems in the room the most notable of which was that it was impossible to control the air conditioning. Given its great location and solid service, I woudl recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2012

The service in this hotel is perfect. The minute we arrived at the Airport Express station in Hong Kong island, we were fetched by the hotel's shuttle van service, which we did not really expect as we were just planning to take a taxi. The hotel is located just about 5 minutes from the Airport Express station so it's in a very convenient location. And though it was just a short ride, we were still offered complimentary mineral water.

We stayed at the hotel for two nights. The deluxe hotel room we stayed in has a view of the Victoria Harbour, so you could see the Harbour all day with all kinds of boats, ferries, and cargo ships passing through it. You could just stay in the hotel room and enjoy the postcard-worthy view. You could really feel that you are in the heart of Hong Kong. The hotel room has a complimentary Nespresso cafe machine service, an Ipod dock and a large flat-screen TV. The bathroom is also wonderfully designed with a rain shower separate from the bathtub. It also has weighing scale, helpful for those who want to watch their weight during the trip.

The hotel also has two 3-star Michelin restaurants, a Chinese one and a French one. So it is best to try these during your stay. One thing I've noticed though is that the breakfast buffet is served at the Blue Bar, which is designed as more of a lounge bar than a restaurant. Also, unlike breakfast buffets in other five-star hotels, the restaurant does not have a station with a chef cooking eggs of any style. But the breakfast food is still good and well-presented. You also have the option of having breakfast a la carte in another restaurant at the ground floor of the hotel.

The hotel is immediately adjacent to the IFC Mall, which has a connection from inside the hotel. So one could shop and dine while being close to the hotel. It also has a connection from the IFC Mall to the ferry stations to get you to other parts of Hong Kong. For us, we went to the Kowloon side by riding the Star Ferry.

All in all, our stay in this hotel was a very comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the Victoria Harbour
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dinmo
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Everything is perfect from the front desk to the room, to the spa. I love the spacious room with tv above the bathtub. I slept so well because the bed was so comfortable. The next day, I spent 2 hours at the pool, reading and swimming, the water temperature was so warm and nice. Then I used the spa for 1 hour in the big jaccuzi, the steam room and the sauna. It was the most memorable experience!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The room was what I expected. great views. Comfort and a TV above the bath! But what was maybe amiss was that I didn't know that a limo will pick me up. I was lucky that a limo from the hotel happened to be at the train station and I asked the driver if he could give me a ride. He was astonished and appologised profusely!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CiviCSingapore
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I walked into the Four Seasons with expectations through the roof considering the lavish reviews it has received on Trip Advisor. Quite honestly, my expectations were shattered (in a good way) within the first couple hours of arriving.

The service is impecable without being aggressive. My needs were anticipated while respecting my privacy.

The room is fantastic, well appointed and the use of lighting really endeared the room to relaxation. The only problem is the bed. Its so incredibly comfortable that getting up in the morning was the biggest challenge of my entire trip to Hong Kong. Where do they find pillows like that? Its worth it to spring for a Harbour View room just for the novelty of opening the blinds to the iconic view.

I scheduled the Four Seasons Signature massage which I highly recommend. I enjoyed a great workout with exceptional fitness equipment before the massage. The locker room is fantastic and dons a wonderful sauna, steam, spa and chill-out room. I was a rubbery before the massage and the Nepali attendant in the locker room was probably the kindest person I have met in a long time.

For dinner, I was to meet some friends at a new restaurant called Yardbird in Soho and the Four Seasons concierge made it his personal mission to instruct the taxi on the specifics of the location as the venue is somewhat small and could easily be missed.

The Four Seasons did the little things right which made the big difference in my opinions.

My only quip with the place is the Blue Bar. It felt pretty sterile and the live music left little to be desired. The venue felt way too corporate for enjoyment.

Couldn't recommend the Four Seasons higher.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CXPeter
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I've been lucky enough to stay at the Four Seasons twice now, on business. Quite honestly, it is the most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed in (and I've managed quite a few 5* hotels). The service is impecable, the rooms are incredible (waking up to the view of the harbour is something else) and the location is also great. The swimming pool view is also marvelous.
The downside - price; but if you've got the money or your boss is willing to sign off on the expenses, go for it!

Room Tip: Go high up
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business