This is a hotel whose qualities could quite easily be overlooked if one did not seek out all that is on offer, but embrace all that is available and it exceeds expectations.
For those more used to European style service there is the potential to be a little underwhelmed by the warmth of staff, particularly at this price point. However, what is provided is a discreet level of interaction that is professional, efficient and often unrealised. From simple and seemingly unnecessary touches such as wrapping one's phone cords in a neat bow to securing reservations at Hong Kong's exclusive members only clubs. If you ask the Four Seasons will deliver and at times they deliver when one doesn't expect.
The quality of fit out and standard of cleanliness are of course superb and the location is amongst the best, although I may be somewhat biased given the close proximity to my tailor.
Be sure to make use of the well equipped gym which overlooks the harbour and relax with the complimentary spa facilities which include steam rooms and spa baths that are the ideal antidote to the rigours of travel. Make sure also to utilise the pool, it's a wonderful way to unwind on a sunny Sunday afternoon and staff will accommodate you with a succession of complimentary drinks, sorbets and treats - there is even a dedicated attendant to clean guest's sun glasses. It is an oasis amongst the surrounding high rises.
Of note is the availability of the executive club, access being complimentary having booked a suite but well worth the expense if staying in a standard room. Amongst the many benefits the club provides is their ability to mix a proper dry martini, an excellent means by which to bridge the afternoon and evening's activities. The complimentary array of culinary treats is also rather good although one must be careful not to over indulge on foie gras for fear of spoiling appetite for a late dinner - although I generally find a second martini alleviates such concerns.
It is a truism that the Four Season provides greater value than hotels charging significantly lower rates. And whilst there are deservingly recommendable hotels offering a more personal level of service and old school hospitality, the Four Seasons simply excels at efficiency, quality and professionalism.
Would I stay anywhere else in Hong Kong - quite simply, no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the waterfront overlooking Victoria Harbour and the financial district, Four Seasons redefines luxury and excellence in a city renowned for exceptional accommodations. As part of the prestigious International Finance Centre, it offers unrivaled links to Hong Kong Station, with the famed Star Ferry steps away. In a city known for great dining, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong is home to two Michelin starred restaurants - two-star French restaurant Caprice and Michelin three-star Chinese restaurant, Lung King Heen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
- Four Seasons Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong