“Perfection in Hong Kong”

Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #4 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Excellent, spacious rooms, fantastic bathroom and very high quality bed, impeccable and responsive service. Not a lot that could be improved upon (except maybe price, but if money is of secondary importance, this is a great choice for your stay in HK).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
QuintonLu, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear LukasKTokyo,

We are thrilled to hear about the fantastic comments - thank you for sharing them in this TripAdvisor review!

I was delighted to read that you truly enjoyed the stay and and our facilities. I will ensure your kind words are shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,291)

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The property itself is beautiful and the location superb. However, the staff seemed almost robotic like they were following a script. There were a few exceptions like my housekeeping lady who was super sweet. I guess for me after staying at the Four Seasons in Amman where the service went over and beyond expectations the Hong Kong property was a bit disappointing. The Four Seasons in Hong Kong was much more beautiful than the property in Amman but the staff paled in comparison. Oh well, I'll still remain loyal to the Four Seasons because it wasn't that bad. Plus I live in Hong Kong therefore I frequent the restaurants, spa and Blue Bar.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
QuintonLu, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Julie L,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us - here on TripAdvisor and by completing our guest survey.

Your comments regarding our service have been duly noted. The goal for all of us here at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong is to create a warm and welcoming home for each of our guests and it is most concerning to know that we fell short on this particular occasion. We are dedicated to constantly improve our service and offerings, and the best way for us to do so is based on feedback such as this provided by our guests.

We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding the review and will be in touch with you shortly.

Again, I thank you for your time, and look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Now this is what a luxury hotel stay should be like. We were picked up at the airport in one of the hotels Mercedes vehicles. Cold lemon scented towels and water were provided by the driver. The vehicle had wi-fi in it which allowed us to catch up on a few e-mails during the half hour drive. The coordination of our arrival was superb. As the car doors were opened at the hotel we were greeted by a staff member who took us right to the elevator and our room where we completed the check-in paperwork. We were upgraded to a lovely harbor suite which I highly recommend to anyone staying here. Fabulous views from both rooms. Each one having two very comfortable chairs in front of the windows. We truly enjoyed the evening views of the harbor after dinner with bottle of wine. We had afternoon tea in the Executive Club Lounge which had a wonderful selection of scones, sandwiches and desserts. Very attentive service in the Lounge which of course had a top floor view of Victoria Harbour. For dinner we went to Caprice in the hotel which was in itself an outstanding experience.
Some noteworthy items about the room: The bathroom was all granite and huge. No lack of space here. Huge soaking tub with a window to peek at the harbour. The closet was walk-in with ample space to hang and store items. The room had a partner desk which even included a printer and fax machine. Everything was very well though out in the design to include automated curtains. Very quiet.
Overall outstanding visit. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Best room is the Harbour View Suite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Explorer12onthego
QuintonLu, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Explore 121,

Thank you for the wonderful review of Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong!

We are pleased to know that you had enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the amenities offered on arrival, the design layout of accommodations to dining at our French restaurant Caprice. It is always a delight to receive feedback like yours as it shows our culture of creating memorable stays are truly embedded in our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to our vibrant city. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I am a regular guest at the Four Seasons and had regularly stayed here since the hotel first opened it's door in 2006. So I will consider myself a regular guest. I had always enjoyed this hotel, the rooms, the F&B and the service which were universally excellent.

Unfortunately, I think the standards have started to fall. The F&B is no longer so excellent, the rooms are starting to show it's age despite generally good maintenance. Most disappointingly, the service standards have fallen. In the past, it used to be warm, caring and attentive. Now, I find it no different then the corporate chain hotels. Gone are the warm smiles and friendly greetings.

A recent incident in particular that disappointed me was when I attempt to make a reservation thru my travel agent, I was offered a package rate at a higher price. When I asked if they can throw in laundry service, that was flatly refused without any consideration. I would have expected, given that I am a repeat guest and have for so many years supported the hotel, they would have given some thought and compromise about it.

The Four Seasons Hong Kong used to be my favorite hotel. However, I am boycotting this hotel for now until a later period in view of what happened. I hope the Management read this review and realize that they can do better to treasure their loyal guests.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BENLEE123
QuintonLu, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear BENLEE123,

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong during your recent visit to our city.

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and would like to apologise for not meeting your expectations on this particular visit. Whenever possible, we try our best to accommodate requests from our guests and show our appreciation through a return guest program we have in place which includes gift certificates to redeem food and beverage and Spa services, as well as room upgrades etc.

Please know we take your comments very seriously as it helps us to improve our services in the future. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your experience further as we greatly value your support. Please feel free to contact me directly at (852) 3196 8888 or email to generalmanager.hkg@fourseasons.com.

Thank you.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here twice over the course of two weeks for four nights total, on our stop from USA to Vietnam and back again.

We had an incredibly lovely stay here. The level of attention to detail here was incredible. Here are just a few highlights:
Plenty of storage space, including ample space for a luggage rack, not visible to the rest of the room.
A box of chargers and network cables and adapters, conveniently located at the desk and neatly organized.
A car to transport from the Express Train to the hotel (which I really appreciated with my heavy bag), with nice cold water.
A table of pastries and coffee when we checked in at 6 am.
A plate of sweets for my sons, with a customized handwritten welcome note for each written in Chinese, English, Japanese and Korean and with adorable drawings.
A mall that is connected to the hotel, including a fabulous gourmet grocery store.
Adjoining rooms with logical layout.
Plenty of glasses for drinking water, with nice bottled water replaced each day.

Exceedingly comfortable bed, with absolutely no noise from the hallways or the outside.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
QuintonLu, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear SGNYC,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with customised and gracious service delivery, and I am delighted that we were successful in achieving this for you.

We truly appreciate your choosing Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong for the stopover stays and look forward to welcoming you and your family back the next time you visit our vibrant city.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel is located at Hong Kong station, and connected to IFC mall. But very expensive. About 1000 sgd a night for a harbor view room. U can take the airport transfer from the airport direct to Hong Kong station. It's a walk from the express train to the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located and it's located near to the ferry terminal. The staff is helpful. The Chinese restaurant is very popular and have a Michelan 3 star award. However u will need to book weeks advance for weekend dim sum.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
QuintonLu, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear concur,

Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff helpful. Thank you also for recommending Lung King Heen, our Michelin three-star Chinese restaurant, to fellow TripAdvisor users.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

It's a four seasons, so obviously the rooms will be beautiful and the service will be impeccable. The fitness center is great with a view of the harbor, and the pool, while a little fussy for laps, is pretty swanky and also has a nice view. So for some other details: the main hotel bar (entry level) is underwhelming, but the restaurant Caprice has a fantastic bar with great decor and more intimate spaces. The location is great - easy walk all indoors from the HK train station if you take the airport express, and easy access to Star Ferry, Mid-Levels. Breakfast costs more than a room in most other hotels, but you can go to the IFC Mall for (overpriced) Western breakfast or to any number of good local restaurants within a three-minute walk for a traditional one.

Room Tip: Unless it's sunny, don't expect much from the harbor view. Peak view is pretty dramatic in i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear JimInNWDC,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us here on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that the service you received during your stay was impeccable and was able to benefit from the central location of the Hotel.

I note your comment regarding our breakfast offerings. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration as we periodically review the pricing for our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.