“Exceed All Expectations !!”

Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #4 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
JAKARTA
“Exceed All Expectations !!”
Reviewed 26 July 2007

I booked a club harbour view room at the Four Seasons for a weekend getaway after a tiring business trip in Shanghai.

This is by now my 4th stay in Four Seasons and I already know this hotel quite well and what to expect. Little did I know that this hotel once again exceed my expectations! Thus I am compelled to write this new review.

Enough have been said about the gorgeous room decor, the spacious room, amenities and the beautiful bathroom. What I noticed this time are all the improvements.

For example :

Firstly there is signficant improvement to the already good Four Seasons service. It’s now impeccable, perfect. If in the past, the staff can be said to behave a bit "cold" but efficient, now they are all warm and friendly and loss none of the efficiency. All of them seems to have undergone some training. I was greeted by name and warm smiles everywhere I go and staff will strike up small conversations with me, but not being intrusive when I want to be left alone. I had indigestion ( too much food! ) during one of the days of my stay and they quickly prepare some lime juice and recommend mint tea and porridge as temporary cure. They manager at the club lounge even bring the drinks up to my room!

Small touches abound to show their care, such as a warm hand-written welcome letter, daily changing of fresh fruits. Everything I ask for are brought to me within minutes. More importantly, everyone seems to be really enjoying their job and genuinely care to do as much as they can to please the guests. I have not encountered any better service from any other hotels.

Improvement in amenities are also evident everywhere. Instead of the tiny bottles of toiletries ( still L’Occitane ) in the bathroom, the hotel now provide full size bottles ( 75ml ) of lotion, shampoo, shower gel and conditioner. And these are replenished twice a day. Internet speed is really fast now. Coffee presentation at the club has also improved. And I noticed all guests are escorted to the room personally by a guest relationship officer. Also meals in the club lounge have also improved in variety and quality.

If there is anything to improve, they should try to implement some kind of Audio/Video sound system in the room. Then everything will be perfect.

Overall, this hotel now exceed itself and remains my number #1 hotel in Hong Kong. If they can maintain this high standard, I see no reason to stay anywhere else from now on.

• Liked — Service! Club Lounge. Room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
19 Thank BENLEE123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (725)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2007

We have stayed in many five star properties, including several Four Seasons properties and this was perhaps the best hotel experience we have ever had. Our stay was flawless.

We had pre-arranged a transfer from the airport. As we exited the jetway, we saw a man holding a sign with our name at the gate. He was very friendly and helpful. He led us to customs and, after we cleared customs, we found him waiting on the other side with all of our baggage. I have no idea how he managed to do this as we did not give him any information about our bags or the luggage tags.

Upon arrival, a friendly concierge was waiting out front for us. She led us directly to our room where we completed check in. We were celebrating an anniversary and a complimentary bottle of champagne and miniature wedding cake were waiting for us in our room (additionally delicious treats were left for us every night). I mentioned we wanted to change a dinner reservation and add an extra night to our reservation. Within 10 minutes, the concierge had everything arranged including changing our reservation with the Four Seasons Marunouchi in Tokyo.

The room itself was very spacious and had a beautiful view of the harbour. Considering it was a standard room, I was shocked at the spaciousness of both the room and bathroom. The bathroom was gorgeous. The closet space was also phenomenal.

The property is gorgeous. The pool is one of the nicest I have seen. Very clean and has a gorgeous view. The poolside bar/restaurant service was very good. The spa was gorgeous and the treatments excellent.

While the hotel restaurants are very expensive, the food and service are of excellent quality. We had a very memorable meal at Caprice.

The hotel is well located. The hotel is within walking distance of the Ferry Terminal and located next to wonderful shopping. The hotel is part of the IFC complex which has many wonderful shops, coffee shops, a nice grocery store and restaurants.

The concierge team was phenomenal. They provided excellent recommendations for dining, shopping and activities. During our stay, my wife became very ill. Within five minutes of my calling the front desk, a British doctor was on his way to our room. She received excellent treatment and the staff could not have been kinder. When we had follow-up questions about the medication he prescribed, the hotel staff had him on the phone within 3 minutes. As well, it was uncertain if she would be able to fly as scheduled and the staff offered to change all our hotel and airline reservations for us.

We would be thrilled to return to this property anytime and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Phenomenal service and room
  • Disliked — Charge for us of internet at the business centre (the only thing we did not like at the property)
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
21 Thank flyingpheonix
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 June 2007

I attended a conference here last week, and despite it being way beyond my corporate budget, was able to stay here.

When I arrived the front desk had no record of my reservation but the girl on the desk was able to rescue the situation and put me in a Harbour View Room for the same price as the attempted booking for the Peak View Room, so a mixed start.

The hotel, in common with other Four Seasons I have stayed at (Jakarta and Taipei spring to mind) comes across as a cold design, too much marble, high ceiling-ed public areas: all very impressive but not welcoming.

Staff were professional and courteous, and I'd say pretty good.

The room was OK, obviously quite large and modern decor, great view of the harbour (but the weather was rubbish the whole week!), flat screen TV, cool flat screen in the bathroom behind the mirror, but again, not welcoming. Bed was nothing special IMHO.

Room service took 30 mins to deliver a steak sandwich: I asked for it medium rare (which it was, to be fair) but it would only take 3 mins to cook, what were they doing for the other 27?

I left the room at 8 each morning and at lunch time went back for a small post lunch kip and each time, the room had not been made up, which I found surprising.

Possibly this was the conference organisers' idea but lunch each day was a buffet, that's OK but there were no places to sit and eat, just stand around balancing plates! Also, the food was no great shakes.

I had one other meal, breakfast on the first morning: great Eggs Benedict, but eyewatering price...

Overall, a lot of money, over USD400 and I'm just not sure it was that good.

• Liked — Location, handy for Airport Express and City Check In
  • Disliked — Not great value for money
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank richardpS850LT
Chicago
Reviewed 30 June 2007

Stayed here on business for 8 nights in Feb 2007. This hotel is in a fantastic location, right next to the IFC mall, near the escalators to the mid-levels, and next to the Star Ferry and hydrofoil to Macau. It is not a very touristy hotel, it caters mostly to business travelers.

The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. The shower and bathroom were also large and of excellent quality. As with all of the 4S that I have stayed in, the room was equipped with flat screen TV, DVD player, and large desk.

The concierge was very helpful, booking us on a Chinese New Years excursion and also giving us directions and help as necessary. All of the staff were extremely well trained and friendly. From day to day, the doormen would remember our prior day's excursions and inquire as to how we enjoyed them.

The service in the room was very good, but obtrusive. The doorbell rang consistently, everything from simply asking how we were to refilling the fruit in the bowl to turndown, etc. I should have put on the do not disturb but have honestly never been disrupted as often as I was at any hotel.

The reason that this hotel receives a 4 instead of a 5 is room service. The service was wonderful but the food was lacking in variety and quality and was extremely pricey. Traveling on business, I use room service far more frequently than when leisure traveling so this was a concern for me.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
12 Thank Ami P
Los Gatos, CA
Reviewed 17 June 2007

We absolutely adored our three nights at the Four Seasons Hong Kong. After spending two weeks on the mainland, walking into the white marble lobby was like entering heaven.
Our room was the Deluxe Harbor View Room. One wall was solid windows and though it did not face the middle of the harbor, it was great fun to watch the constant activity in the bay. The room was not huge, but perfectly appointed. Loads of slick built in storage space, a huge TV, and a Four Seasons Bed. We were given the modern room as opposed to the Asian Room and were very happy. The bathroom was huge with loads of marble and a TV to watch from the tub.
The service was top notch. The concierge suggested perfect child friendly activities, shopping, routes and restaurants. At one point my watch went missing (it had fallen in a crack in the safe) and they sent up the hotel detective and a helper to assist us.
The food at the lobby restaurant was posatively delicious and service extremely attentive. Perhaps it was because I had been only eating Chinese food for the two weeks prior, but the Caesar Salad and Chardonay tasted better than usual. The Filet with Bernaise sauce would also outstanding (we kept ordering it). The food is very expensive, but seemed worth the price, service and the level of quality. Room service servings were quite tiny and just OK.
You can't miss the rooftop pool for lap swimming (with music played underwater) while watching the boats go by. It was very enjoyable.
I look forward to returning to this fine hotel.

• Stayed April 2007
15 Thank Sparky22
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2007

I love the 4 seasons chain so I have become used to great facilities and service which this also has...but heres the rest

the pros--location-the view,near the star ferry ,mall and elevators to Hollywood, the beds the bathrooms

the cons---the elevators(painfully slow), soso dim sum.chinese food averge to bad

• Liked — location,design,desserts
  • Disliked — dim sum,elevators
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank tickettoride
Athens Greece
Reviewed 11 May 2007

The Hong Kong Four Seasons is huge, but its location is excellent. You are near the business district and shopping and it is connected to the nicest upscale mall in Hong Kong. We had a suite with a view of the port which was grand and on a high floor. Service was excellent, there were two big screen televisions in each room as well as a tv in the bathroom mirror.

The mall was great for expensive shopping, but also for its bookstores, beauty salons, cosmetics stores and department stores other than the Valentino, Cucci, Prada and other boutiques located in it.

From the hotel you can walk to the VIctoria's Peak train for a spectacular view and restaurants (try the Pearl there) and also to the temples, and open market and to Hong Kong's SOHO area which is interesting for shoppers and art lovers. A short taxi ride across to Kowloon takes you to where thre are many dining options and clubs, as well as other open markets to visit in the late afternoons.

Superb service and Four Seasons standards.

• Liked — the view, the location, the luxury and comfort
  • Disliked — huge impersonal lobby
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business