“Great Value, Great Location!”
Review of Travelodge Kowloon

Travelodge Kowloon
Ranked #305 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Recently stayed here for 3 nights in early April. Was greeted by a very friendly hotel staff, Ben, upon arrival. Staffs are friendly, helpful and very professional. Check-in and check-out procedure was fast. The hotel room is clean and bed is comfortable. Wifi service is available.

The hotel location is very accessible. Its located near to the Jordan train station, surrounded by shopping malls, about 5 mins walk to Temple Street night market and about 10 mins walk to Kowloon Mosque.

Free breakfast is provided at The Oak Tree Restaurant, however the restaurant is not managed by the hotel. Breakfast menu is the same everyday.

Had a pleasant stay here and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Rainbow_Team, Your Guest Services Team at Travelodge Kowloon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear AsmahAbdullah,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your comment. You are really captured the essence of our hotel rather well. We are really located the heart of the city, as well as various renowned restaurants surrounding us. The Jordan MTR station and public transports are just 3 minutes walking distance away, granting super easy travel in Hong Kong. We are glad to hear our staff were helpful. We will share your comments with our team to inspire their motivation and enhance hospitality services.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Kowloon

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I recently stayed here for a week as part of a large tour group (13 pax), and was pleasantly surprised. The staff are extremely professional, helpful and accommodating, the hotel is clean and modern, the rooms and beds comfortable, and the shower is one of the best I've encountered in a hotel. The free breakfast was great, although it must be said that the restuarant manager at breakfast was rude to us customers (which I don't mind) and to her staff (which I find inexcusable). I realise though that the restaurant isn't managed by the hotel.

I'd definitely recommend, and I would stay again. Great value, great location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dominic W
Rainbow_Team, Your Guest Services Team at Travelodge Kowloon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Dominic W,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your positive comments.

Kindly check our website frequently for best deals and ongoing promotional packages. Let’s start to plan the next adventure to Hong Kong.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stay in this hotel from 23rd March until 27th March 2014 and we are pretty happy with the room. It was bigger than what I have expected, especially I was "warned" before by friends about the size of toilet in most of hotel in HK, but their is good ! All the room is clean besides they do not change the bed sheet everyday.

The location of the Hotel is great, 3-5 minutes walk to Jordon Station , and you can find food pretty easy. Closed to Temple Street as well.

We actually wanted to extend one more day as our flight was on 0645, but the Hotel refused to give me the same rate which we paid for the first 4 days, despite the are still empty room available ( cos some of the web sites were still selling rooms). So we finally decided to follow our initial plan and spend a night at airport.

Besides, the two young gentlemen who was on duty at the counter during our stay should learn to smile more often, But the other staff like the middle age gentleman and lady were pretty helpful, although I am the one who took the initiative to greet them "Good Morning".

But generally, I guess I made a brilliant decision to stay in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Andrewchengyc,

We are delighted to know that you had an overall good stay and thank you for your comments regarding make up room service. Hygiene and cleanliness are our upmost concern. We would like to inform you that the bed linens is changed regularly. If you need any assistance, please contact our Front office team. We regret to hear that you were not satisfy for extending your stay, please understand hotel rate is subject to room availability. Moreover, we will brief our staff to improve the friendliness and strengthen their hospitality service to avoid reoccurrence. This comment was very helpful indeed – thanks a lot!

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back sooner.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights, and had a pleasant experience. Clean rooms, new interior very accessible. My most memorable experience is the pleasant, friendly and resourceful contact with their staff member Ben Chau who became my daily guide. He truly is a gem in this organisation.

Room Tip: Speak to Ben about your requirements
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Freddy L
Rainbow_Team, Your Guest Services Team at Travelodge Kowloon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Freddy L,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

PROS:
Excellent location, close to restaurants, few minutes walk from Jordan MRT
Came with breakfast, even though it wasn't advertised to do so when I booked

CONS:
Our room smelled like smoke
Wifi and cable connections are weak

To sum it all up, the room was satisfactory for a two night stay. Comfy and clean enough, but nothing amazing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 122allyc
Rainbow_Team, Your Guest Services Team at Travelodge Kowloon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Ally C,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your positive comments on our location with good surrounding area.

With regard to your comments on weak connection of Wifi and cable, we will further liaise with the telecommunication company for any improvement. We apologize for this shortfall. This comment was very helpful indeed – thanks a lot!

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed over at Rainbow hotel for a night in Kowloon, overall pleasant stay!

Location: 5mins walk to Jordan station as well as to Cityflyer bus stop to airport.
Room condition: Clean and pretty cosy. The hotel is relatively new, hence no wear n tear yet, keep it up! Though the room is small, but that's HK =)
Service: the staff are friendly, and we had a free upgrade to deluxe suite, that's a pleasant surprise!
Overall: will stay over again on my next HK visit!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PF-funnie
Rainbow_Team, Your Guest Services Team at Travelodge Kowloon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear PF-funnie,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your comment about our friendly teammates, our clean and comfortable environment.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Checked in the hotel on 12 Feb and checked out on 15 Feb. The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were on the 9th floor, clean and quite reasonable size given that most HK hotels have pretty small rooms.

The only thing I want to feedback is the service level of the waitress in the restaurant. We had our first breakfast on 13 Feb. When I arrived, one of the Filipino waitress insisted that my mum and I should sit at a table for 2 although the restaurant was practically empty. She was only willing to allow me take a 4 seater table when I told her that there were 4 of us.

Not realising that we can choose a main from the menu, we headed straight to the buffet table.
And when I saw that was a menu on our table and check with one of the Filipino waitress, she just pointed and said, "Choose 1" ....

When I later requested for chilli sauce to go with my fried noodles, one of them passed me a bottle that she got from a room and later passed it to another hotel guest at another table.

When I asked for the chilli sauce again, one of them said "we don't serve chilli sauce there, this bottle is meant for guest seated in that room, we only have Tabasco sauce". Well, I am still wondering how come there is only one bottle of chilli sauce in such a big hotel and it is only for guest seated in the room? Am I not a hotel guest? Anyway, I do think they need to go for some customer service training or at least have a smile when you a serving a hotel guest?

Overall, it was a good experience staying in the hotel except for the unhappiness at the breakfast table.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank BeHappy2014
Rainbow_Team, Your Guest Services Team at Travelodge Kowloon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you very much for writing about your staying experience at our Hotel and we are glad that you had a happy moment with us in Hong Kong.

We regret to hear that you are not entirely satisfied your meal in the restaurant. Since the restaurant is managed by separate entity and we will share your feedback with them for their improvement.

We are glad to serve you again. Stay close with us for our updated promotional package~!