“Great Hotel to stay @HK”

Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong
Ranked #58 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed for this hotel for 3D 2N last week. We booked the Executive Studio. The room is very clean, comfortable for sleep & relax. Bed sheet & comforter (480- 550 thread count).
Staff are helpful & friendly.

Hotel provided fluffy slippers (one of the best slippers for hotel).

- Free full mini bar
- Free Broadband Internet access (Optical Fiber) - very high speed!!
I simply luv the speed of the internet connection in HK, it's really FAST!!
-Free buffet Breakfast - Le Chef - average but still delicious, specially fried HK noodles & fish & luv the coffee the most.

you can always check the "Special Promotion" from their website. ^__^

It's about 3-5 mins walk to the MRT Wan Chai. Very convenient location. Highly recommended. :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,275)

Reviewed 10 April 2012

In a city bursting with expensive hotels, it's fantastic to find a hotel in a terrific location offering 5-star ambiance and service without the high Hong Kong prices. With a delicious complementary buffet breakfast, the stylish, renovated rooms come with a wonderful rain shower, cable TV, fast Internet service, and a big dreamy-soft bed. There are non-smoking floors and one just for women.
Be sure to try to the restaurant's set dinner, again top-quality cuisine at an unbeatable price. The location could not be better: walking distance to spas, restaurants, pubs, shopping, plus easy
access to taxis, trams and the modern underground train.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed in an executive studio room on the 6th floor for 6 nights whilst staying in HK on holiday but can see that this would also be an ideal business hotel too! The location is great, being in a mixed area catering to locals, expats and tourists alike. Transport links as mentioned by other reviewers are great - really convenient and easy to get around.

Both the room and walk in shower room were spacious and clean - with a large bed, desk, chair, coffee table and sofa. The shower was powerful with plenty of quick hot water and the option of a rain shower!

Included with the room rate was a buffet breakfast, mini bar, free evening cocktail and wifi. The breakfast buffet included plenty of both western and chinese options. The mini bar was restocked everyday and the wifi signal both in my room and in the restaurant were great.

There is also a small but new and clean gym in the hotel that is available for use - the equipment was of a very high standard and I didn't have any issues with availability of machines but I only used the gym during the day.

The staff were not only polite, helpful and professional but also friendly!

The combination of a great room, hotel facilities, excellent location and great staff means that I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed in the Hotel for 4 Night's on Buisness, the Hotel has great location in the middle off wanchai, the Hotelstaff is very helpful and friendly,but you need to make sure at your Booking that you get a quiet room with Doubleglazed Windows, otherwise it's like sleeping next to the Bus-stop. I can't comment about Food, didn't had any neither used the Gym or Bar. Rooms are clean and decor is okish.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
HKWH, Manager at Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Dear Tripadvisor member – donphilipo

Many thanks for your kind words about the hotel location and the service of staff, we are glad to know that our staff helped make your visit enjoyable.

You may be interested to learn that by April this year we will complete the 2nd phase of the installation of double-glazed windows. The rooms on low floors facing busy traffic will be equipped with the windows in order to tackle the noise problem and we regret that it had not been arranged for your last visit.

Please note that we have been taking guest comments very seriously and make every endeavor to let the guest stay happily in our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel on your next visit to HK and you may contact us at doo.hkwh@metroparkthotels.com for future bookings.

Director of Operations

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is a modern, clean business hotel. Rooms are well furnished though small (but cant expect more for the price in HK CBD). Toilets and linen are nice and clean. Its quite handy to train, trams, buses and the harbour ferry. Pacific Plaza Shopping Centre is a short stroll away. Convenience stores and money changers are nearby. Though hotel is adjacent to the exotic nightclub strip, there is no flow on effect or noise and is quite family friendly. Staff are courteous and helpful and the restaurant is good too (though I only had breakfast which had a business like efficiency). The financial district is only a short tram ride away.

Room Tip: Request a Wi-Fi modem at time of reservation if you are carrying a tablet as rooms have LAN interne...
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We got a free upgrade to the family comfort, using an AMEX deal. The room was fairly big in Hong Kong standards. There were 3 of us in the room and we were pretty comfy. We found the staff to be extremely helpful. We needed an internet cable and someone brought one up promptly. The best part of this hotel is location. It's on a main road and the MTR and bus is easily accessible. In one direction of the main road had tons of restaurants, bars and convenient stores.

Would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank oceantm
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed at this place for the first time after having the parents raved about the location, service, rooms and price the first time they stayed here. The trip started off on a bad note when our Cathay Pacific flight to Hong Kong was delayed by 12 hours and my sister's Singapore Airlines flight had taken off from the airport. Arriving at the hotel well into the evening, we were already bummed that our trip was not going so well. There was a minor problem with my credit card and the trainee staff attending to me was kind enough to inform me politely. However, her other full-time colleague interrupted rudely and spoke to me impatiently, as I did not understand a word of English at all. He did not even apologize and continued with his rude demeanor. Although my party arrived in drips and drapes due to the delay in our flights, we were given rooms at fhe opposite end of the same level. I was extremely disapppointed with the arrangements. given the price we paid and there was nothing that could be done.

Plus points: Located in front of the main road, it is extremely convenient with a short walk to the nearest MTR station and a 15 minute walk to Causeway Bay's Times Square. Besides, traveling from the airport by bus is really convenient too! It is close to many eateries, one wouldn't go hungry in the middle of the night. The rooms were cleant, decent and housekeeping was absolutely great.

I might stay here again, for the location and decent rooms but if the service standards do not improve, it will be a pity and I won't be back. I shall hear from my friends who will be staying at this hotel in April after my recommendation and tip about the service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank vSeraphina
HKWH, Manager at Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Tripadvisor Member – Seraphina

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor in our hotel, I was distraught to learn of your unpleasant experience with us for the stay of July 2011 (last year). However, feedback such as yours is very valuable to us of which enables us to monitor our standard of service all round. Your comment has been discreetly taken for our immediate review, an investigation will be followed up in order to prevent it from happening again. As I would like to respond to you personally regarding this matter could I ask you to please send me your email address or contact to doo.hkwh@metroparkhotels.com.

I hope that on your next visit to Hong Kong, you will allow us the opportunity to redeem your faith in Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong for not only being a hotel with superb location and decent rooms, but also be pleased with the friendly and impressive service extended to our guest

I look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Director of Operations