I was supposed to be upgraded by Amex, but when it came to check-in I was given a basic room. No complaints though as the room as very nice. Clean, contemporary wooden furniture and lots of mirrors. Plus - the designers seem to have actually thought about what a business traveller wants - a comfortable king-sized bed and pillows, a power shower (it was the most powerful spray I've experienced for a while), strong Wi-Fi connection in the room, the ability to turn off all the lights from the bed, a mini-safe big enough for your laptop computer, a TV showing good international channels, black-out curtains and a desk with power supply.
One gripe (common enough) is that there's no power plug by the bed so if you're charging your phone overnight and you set the alarm (there's no bedside clock), then it'll certainly make you get out of bed and walk over to silence it. The shower is over a bath, by the way, so it may be a bit tricky for some.
Service was brisk but friendly. The doorman will get you a taxi once he realises you're not going away without his help. There is a pricey restaurant (I didn't use it), a small gym and a downstairs cocktail bar which is also pricey and charges a lot for mediocre bar snacks. It's also very noisy and a bit garish for a pre-dinner business discussion. The lobby is small and no good for meetings either. So I recommend you avoid all this stuff as you're in a vibrant area surrounded by restaurants, bars and cafes in the surrounding streets. You're close to buses and trams, and the local MTR station is an easy two minute walk.
All in all then, an ideal place to rest after a long day at work, but get out and enjoy the area at night because the hotel restaurant and bar are not really that great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideal accommodation that is both central and accessible, Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong (Formerly Metropark Wanchai) is situated in the heart of Hong Kong's luxury commercial, shopping and entertainment district. In great proximity to the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre as well as the Mass Transit Railway Station, making it a breeze to get around the city that never sleeps. Each guest room showcases contemporary design with clear ambition for innovations and are equipped with LCD TV, Free Wi-Fi connectivity, electronic safety box, central air-conditioning, spacious working desk and more. Our recent innovative installation is the travel smartphone with unlimited mobile data and hotspot function plus IDD calls to designated countries for free during your stay. Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong is a smoke-free property, beckons as a homely and stylish accommodation option so that your experience in Hong Kong will exceed your expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropark Hotel Hong Kong
- Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong