Location: Western end of Wanchai, not far from Admirality and Central, close to Causeway Bay
Hotel: 18 floors, roughly 10 rooms a floor, very good restaurant in-house
Room: Much bigger than I expected, good sized bed, writing desk etc, decent size washroom
Positives: Location, bigger room than I expected, clean, great for the price
Negatives: WC area a bit too small, foul smell from outside, room had horrible view
Ranking at time of writing: Ranked #87 of 595 hotels in HK
I had to spend a night in HK and opted for Metropark at Wanchai primarily due to its location between Central and Causeway Bay and its proximity to good restaurants and bars with live music.
I was promptly checked in, given a room on the topmost floor, but my room had a horrible view of the back side of our own building and nothing else. The room also had a foul smell when I entered, but later realized that the smell was emanating from outside (because the room service had left the bathroom door open). Once I closed the bathroom door, all was good. They have a dehumidifier in the room, which kept the room cool and dry. One -ve was that they didn't empty the water during turndown service and hence when I got home in the night it was full. Apart from that the service seemed good. The bed wasn't a problem, in fact I saw a small piece of information which offered several types of mattresses and pillows, guess there's one for all types of sleepers. As for me, as long as it doesn't squeak, I'm fine.
The bathroom wasn't super big, but not too shabby at all, was very clean; though the WC area was a bit cramped, but can't be changed, so got to live with that. The toiletries were of good quality and adequate, probably better than what one would expect in a 3 or 4 star hotel.
The hotel also houses a well known Spanish restaurant, didn't have the opportunity to try it, but rated pretty highly on TA. Skipped breakfast too as I went to Flying Pan down the road.
I was pleasantly surprised by the room and the hotel. Try to get a better facing room for yourself and management must instruct the cleaning staff to keep the bathroom door closed to avoid any unpleasant odour in the room. I requested for a late check-out and was offered a reasonable hour, but their per hour rate for extra stay didn't make sense - simply cause if I stayed 6 hours, I would end up paying an entire day's rate, so I think that they should drop those.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideal accommodation that is both central and accessible, Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong (Formerly Metropark Wanchai) is situated in the heart of Hong Kong's luxury commercial, shopping and entertainment district. In great proximity to the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre as well as the Mass Transit Railway Station, making it a breeze to get around the city that never sleeps. Each guest room showcases contemporary design with clear ambition for innovations and are equipped with LCD TV, Free Wi-Fi connectivity, electronic safety box, central air-conditioning, spacious working desk and more. Our recent innovative installation is the travel smartphone with unlimited mobile data and hotspot function plus IDD calls to designated countries for free during your stay. Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong is a smoke-free property, beckons as a homely and stylish accommodation option so that your experience in Hong Kong will exceed your expectation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropark Hotel Hong Kong
- Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong