“Another great stay at MetroPark@Wan Chai”

Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong
Ranked #67 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Another great stay at MetroPark@Wan Chai”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is my 3 or 4th stay at this hotel, and I must say they continue to innovate and improve everything.

I received a courteous e-mail from the hotel a day or two before my trip requesting further information on my preferences, and sure enough upon arrival a quick swipe of my credit card for a holding deposit and I had my room keys and was unpacking in under 10 mins of arriving.

Room was clean as always, along with the bathroom, and was kept clean everyday. Even the tea and coffee was replenished daily, which I notice a lot of 5 star hotels fail to do.

And don't forget the free wi-fi!

As always on my next visit to Hong Kong the MetroPark@Wan Chai will be top of my list!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank swalker68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Japan
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I needed a hotel for a one-night stay in Hong Kong and had some business in Wanchai, so I chose the Metropark. It was a great choice. They upgraded me to a better class of room without being asked and even allowed me to check in a few minutes early (ie, before the normal 2pm check-in time). I asked for a quiet room and that's exactly what they gave me. The room was very comfortable and had everything I needed. I especially appreciated the lightning-fast internet. I'm going back to the Metropark next time I go to Hong Kong.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank writetraveler
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Good side:
1.Location is near to MRT.
2.Near to convenient store.
3.Near to Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition in walking distance.
4.Surrounding with local food.

Bad side:
1.Breakfast option is less and same.
2.a bit noisy if you stay lower floor.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lawrence M
DOperations, Manager at Kew Green Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Lawrence M.

Thanks for your comment on Tripadvisor.com. We regret that your stay was not at all comfortable and your comment has been brought up to the attention of F&B department so as to rectify the situation as soon as possible. However, for the noise problem, all rooms on low floors have been fitted with double-glazed windows and the traffic noise is kept at a very low level at present. Please let us know if the noise was not purely from the traffic, so we may try our best to eliminate or mitigate it if possible. .

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to our hotel again and being of service to you. Should there be any assistance or service required, please feel free to contact us at doo.hkwh@metroparkhotels.com.

Director of Operations
Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

For Hong Kong standards the Metropark hotel is a great value considering that it is in the heart of the Wanchai entertainment district with minutes to walk to Lockhart Road. I had a problem with the booked room type when I checked in, and the staff was unwilling to accommodate my booking request and I ended up with two twin beds instead of one double bed, otherwise I would have scored it higher.

Room Tip: Make sure to confirm your room type preference with the hotel before checking in
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Georg D
Dear Tripadvisor member – Georg D,

Many thanks for your stay with us and the good words about hotel location.

The comment has been brought up for immediate review and we would like to apologize for the room assignment at the Front Desk that our staff has not reacted professionally to sort out any problem or request guest may raise. Please rest assured that proper training would be stepped up so as to ensure every guest preference would be taken into concern and dealt with promptly.

Hoping this stay would not jeopardize your intent to return to us, and we look forward to the chance of giving you more pleasure of stay in future. Please contact us at doo.hkwh@metroparkhotels.com for further comment or if we can be of any service to you.

Director of Operations
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed several times over the past years from Executive to She by Metropark - hotel has improved from so so to very good. Renovated Lobby, Le Parlor to Le Chef Restaurants... made it so much more attractive. Rooms facing Jaffe and Hennessy Road - view of buildings - some mountain. Cannot complaint for its location - proximity - minutes from Hong Kong Convention Center, Metro station, shopping (of course - towards Causeway Bay or Admiralty)... Overall experience has been great. For US standard - rooms are small, but from European standard, nice. "She by Metropark" - floor reserved for women, touch of feminine decor, toiletries (once, hotel ran out and substituted with standard toiletries. Lobby bar - Le Parlor was relaxing after a long busy day; lunch at Le Chef buffet is awesome - offered discount for hotel guests - make advance reservation!

In general staff is professional, courteous... Request higher floor.

Room Tip: Request higher floor - street noise. For lady business travelers... suggest to try "She by Metr...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Munki888
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Considering we were travelling during New Years last year, most of the hotels had hiked up their prices and this one seemed to fit our budget as well as location criteria.. we were looking for something that would be central..I loved this hotel for one reason it's proximity to the MTR and to a host of lively and fun restaurants! Although Wanchai is slightly sleazy (read stripclubs etc) it did not really disturb us.. Infact the liveliness of the place added to our holiday mood.. Do go to Coyote for some good music and mexican food in the next lane as well as Mes Amis for a quiet dinner..The rooms are just the size of any other Hongkong hotel..however, all the amenities/facilities of a good 4 star hotel were available here..we did not try the breakfast so cannot comment on the food. The staff was very helpful and helped us out with road and MTR directions whenever asked..

Check my blog to read more about my hkg trip:

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RajviBhow
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Few days a go my wife and I we spent some weeks in Hong Kong at MetroPark Hotel in Wanchai.
Awesome hotel in a great position! In the heart of the district of Wanchai, near by everything.
Hotel is very nice, room clean and plenty big. The personal is friendly and always available 24/7. Near the lobby they open a new bar while is possible to chill out listening music and/or watching tv.
Highly recommended if you are looking to stay in Hong Kong.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple