When I visit HK, I prefer to stay in Central. But the hotels are often very expensive when there is an event or exhibition going on. This week was not an exception, with the art fair took place. But fortunately enough I found this hotel(Actually it is a serviced residence, even better!!!!). It's next to the botanical garden in Central, not far away from SOHO and Lan Kwai Fong(But it's complicated to walk to there). 5min walk to the peak tram station, 10 min to the Connaught Rd Central for metro and tram, another extra 5 min to IFC/HK station. (But since it's on the hill, it's easy to go down but difficult to go up, especially in a hot humid day in HK.. walking is not very recommended..). By taxi it takes less than 5 min to IFC(25HKD), and also there is a bus going to central in front of the building.
The room was spacious(by HK standard of course) and clean, and the view from the room was fantastic. Cheap room service option. Kitchen was nice and had amenities I needed for the simple cooking.
Bishop Lei International or Garden YMCA are similar to this one. While Bishop Lei is better located(very close to the mid-level escaltor, easily walkable to Central or IFC) and has a swimming pool, Two Macdonnel has better rooms(btw there are no twin bed rooms here).
Overall, it was a pleasant 2 days in Two Macdonnel, good value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Hong Kong Island, Two MacDonnell Road enjoys a commanding position in the sightseeing, restaurants, shopping hub of Hong Kong. Situated only 1.2 Km from the city center, guests are well located to enjoy the town's attractions and activities. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see destinations. The facilities and services provided by Two MacDonnell Road ensure a pleasant stay for guests. Guests of the hotel can enjoy on-site features like disabled facilities, airport transfer, car park, business center, coffee shop. The hotel features 213 beautifully appointed guest rooms, each including television, microwave, television LCD/plasma screen, internet access - wireless, satellite/cable TV. The hotel offers fantastic facilities, including fitness center, to help you unwind after an action-packed day in the city. When you are looking for comfortable and convenient accommodations in Hong Kong, make Two MacDonnell Road your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Two MacDonnell Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Two Macdonnell Road Hotel Hong Kong
- 2 Macdonnell Road
- Two Macdonnell Road Hong Kong